• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news - Level 5 Soccer RPG, BOB!!, Project O, Camelot is back

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
creamsugar said:

OMG, one of my apartment-mates in college was named Bob and looked *EXACTLY* like this guy... except with orange hair instead of yellow hair.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Chibbi Brady said:
It's a list of titles with We Love Golf, Tennis and Baseball. I'd say it's looking good for your tennis game.

That makes me very very happy. :D

schuelma

Some more King Story details from IGN:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/816/816609p1.html

"The game begins in a small town that, aside from your own home, consists of nothing but green fields. As you walk around, residents of this little town will follow you. Group enough people together, and you can start issuing orders for tasks like clearing the land, searching for treasure, and building roads and houses. Different tasks require different numbers of people, with groups ranging from just a few people to scores of people."

"Outside of this hefty simulation component, King Story is expected to have a more personal side, where all residents have a life of their own. By communicating with some characters, you may find yourself presented with dramatic story sequences. In previous interviews, the staff has hinted at plans to have RPG-style developments the background; for the record, the game's genre is listed in Famitsu as both simulation and RPG."

schuelma

And a few more details on Camelot's Wii Golf game from 1up:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162394

"The Wiimote in the game will act as the golf club. Players can designate the direction by pointing at the screen and when swinging, the screen will show a first person view simulating a golf swing with the ball on the floor. Experts can also show off their technique such as backspins as well as draws and fades."

ziran

King Story sounds great, looking forward to footage from TGS, and Wii Love Golf sounds promising. It's good see more Japanese developers bringing decent games to Wii.

The, Wii Love, line of games could be big for Capcom. They're missing out on a lot of money with their focus on hardcore content, and by teaming up with Camelot they're not having to sacrifice any of their internal teams, most of which don't seem suited to casual games. With Wii's audience growing so rapidly, they have the potential to be as popular as the Minna no series on PS2 and become some of Japan's favourite casual sports games.

EDIT-
I'd love a Mario Tennis game with lite RPG, like the GBA game, on Wii, so if Wii Love Tennis does come out from Camelot it could be excellent! :D

ethelred

I wish everyone would just stop talking about what Camelot's doing. It pains me every time I see their name mentioned. This is the biggest affront to quality heritage in gaming history.

Project O Scan!!!!

57081520070829_100010_0_big.jpg

PolyGone

Banned
and neo to the rescue

Thank you!

edit: WOW at the shot where he's being followed around by dozens of villagers. Could this be a spiritual successor to Pikmin? I like what I'm seeing!

birdchili

king story looks fine.

this is the kind of thing that's going to work great for remote-only control with beverage in the off-hand.

localized before 2009 please.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
King's Story looks very nice - Like a mix of a town sim with Pikmin. Let's have some video at TGS!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
King Story looks great, I especially like the color palette used, and the char/monster designs. It reminds me of some weird mating between obscure German RTSes and the Harvest Moon games :lol Do we know any details about the battle system, yet? Haven't had time to read the whole thread.

djtiesto said:
King Story looks great, I especially like the color palette used, and the char/monster designs. It reminds me of some weird mating between obscure German RTSes and the Harvest Moon games :lol Do we know any details about the battle system, yet? Haven't had time to read the whole thread.

You force people to follow you and they fight. I'm assuming it's better to have knights follow you than normal villagers.
The bigger the monster, the more people you need.

Dascu

Wow, nice news this week.

- King Story looks fantastic. Very cool art style and game concept.
- Camelot's back. Sad it's not an RPG, but at least this kills the "Camelot deserting Nintendo" rumours. An RPG (Golden Sun 3?) could still follow.

1-D_FTW

I completely missed Creamsugar's post. An entire WE Sports line. Hell yeah. Camelot can pull it off, Capcom is gonna be very happy.

tehbear

I would want King's story for harvest moon elements alone.

But this makes it omgwant.

Do want the Valkyrie of Battlefield as well.

More exciting week than most I'd say.

TreIII

Wow...Friggin' Legend of Kage! For DS! This definitely makes me happy!

And I have to agree with Vic, Inazuma 11 looks more interesting now that there are clearer pics.

My, my...what a pleasing week!

jarrod

Banned
Well, hopefully Camelot uses the excellent RPG-ish framework from their GB Mario Sports titles in the Wii game. Mario Golf GBC is basically the best RPG to ever come out of the company imo.

And I better get to play as MegaMan!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
ethelred said:
I wish everyone would just stop talking about what Camelot's doing. It pains me every time I see their name mentioned. This is the biggest affront to quality heritage in gaming history.
So fucking true. I WANT SHINING FORCE 4 GOD DAMN IT!!

Anyway King Story seems to just scream to be Tactics Ogre graphical style which is awesome. I know that Hideo Minaba is the art director, but who's the actual character designer?

Bebpo

Banned
King's Story looks very cute. Definitely get a Harvest Moon vibe from the in-game art.

Now where are the Valkyrie HQ scans damnit!

schuelma

A few more Wii Love Golf details from IGN:

"You aim your shot by first pointing at the screen; this is meant to be similar to how a real golfer will use his club to get all his angles straight. To swing, you first hold down the buttons on the Wiimote, which is the equivalent of gripping your golf club.

The result of your swing is affected by more than just the way in which you swing the Wiimote. The combination of buttons that you hold when gripping the Wiimote also results in a variety of shot types. You can achieve draw and fade shots and add backspin based on how you hold and swing the controller. For instance, to perform a backspin, you hold down the 2 button along with A."

"In fact, he believes that people will feel that We Love Golf uses the Wiimote better than any other Wii sports game that's currently available.

We Love Golf is currently 60% complete and is due for Japanese release this Winter. "

http://wii.ign.com/articles/816/816608p1.html

Top Bottom