• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
Hemlok being nerfed on PC makes me so sad. The gun is just dog poop now, and it was already harder to use than 99% of guns on PC. Oh well. I'd use the Flatline but the spread is so laughably inconsistent. Guess I'll just run an SMG.

WHY ARE YOU BALANCING FOR CONSOLE RESPAWN FMLWTFBBQ amirite?

--

Meh, it's okay, I don't care for it. But people can't possibly say Titanfall 2 has good weapon Variety now when there's SMGs and Assault Rifles that can pass off as SMGs.

--

I realise now how much I loved EPG+Mozambique and it's a damn shame that such a great gun (Mozambique) isn't a normal primary.

Live Fire is pretty cool, probably needs another map or 2.

Mixtape Matchmaking is fucking trash because there is no Skirmish option.

No Skirmish option made me realise that this patch, for all of its delays, was rushed as hell...

Since this game is Attrition or PvP modes, it should get directly compared to the original Titanfall.

Why is Attrition 450?

Izuna

Banned
Which SMG ended up being OP btw. Is it the R-97 now or is it still the Alternator?

*checks GameSager videos*

edit: no new GameSager video ;(

Izuna

Banned
new meta (but it's okay because it takes skill [citation needed])

27xJnXz.gif

nuke gives me 70% (mostly bonus tho)

MM4wn9y.gif

~~

for some reason when I nuked, I started with 25%

~~

so Skirmish is removed from MM entirely while I can't get a single game of Bounty Hunt on Xbox. <3

Bailey 87

I just purchased this game in the sale and it won't stop freezing in the main menu.

Has anyone worked out a way to fix this yet. I would prefer it if I didn't have to sit idle on the menu screen for 5 mins every time to get it to work.

E92 M3

Kinda bummed out about the Nuke changes. It was so much fun blowing up 2 Titans and getting another Titan before landing.

Izuna

Banned
Kinda bummed out about the Nuke changes. It was so much fun blowing up 2 Titans and getting another Titan before landing.

I don't think these changes, outside of the nerfs that we're specifically asked for, make the game anymore fun.

Ronin is now OP so, congrats

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I guess I haven't updated this game in a while cos mine was close to 4 gigs and XBL was slow as fuck last night. I haven't played in a while, I want to cram some play time in this weekend before Horizon Zero Dawn drops next week.

Gator86

I don't think these changes, outside of the nerfs that we're specifically asked for, make the game anymore fun.

Ronin is now OP so, congrats

I'm not entirely sure what they could have done. Nuke, on PS4 at least, is ubiquitous. This is partly because all of the kit options were garbage or worse, punishing with slower dash refresh rates. A small buff to dash and nerf to nuke will lessen the nuke spam hopefully. Maybe Respawn should have made actual titan kit options, but hindsight is 20-20.

If Ronin really does start running rampant, Respawn will bring him back down 1% each patch over the course of the next year until he's balanced.

Greddleok

If Ronins are everywhere, switch to Scorch. He completely shuts down a Ronin. Unlike Tone who had no real hard counter, you can just dominate with Scorch in a Ronin meta.

Izuna

Banned
Descent Into Cerberon huh

I'm not entirely sure what they could have done. Nuke, on PS4 at least, is ubiquitous. This is partly because all of the kit options were garbage or worse, punishing with slower dash refresh rates. A small buff to dash and nerf to nuke will lessen the nuke spam hopefully. Maybe Respawn should have made actual titan kit options, but hindsight is 20-20.

If Ronin really does start running rampant, Respawn will bring him back down 1% each patch over the course of the next year until he's balanced.

Nuke spam will never go away. Just like in Titanfall 1, the average player won't spec anything else.

While the positive feedback from nuking into a new titan is gone, it won't affect people's choices to pick it.

Ronin was already becoming known to be the strongest Titan in Attrition etc. now he can take out a Tone without any trouble at all.

WHY ARE YOU BALANCING FOR CONSOLE RESPAWN FMLWTFBBQ amirite?

Uh... what? I'm not sure if there is some reference that I'm missing here but yes, I think that console and PC should be patched seperately according to their needs. There was nothing wrong with the Hemlok on PC and it was already hard to use. It's not a huge deal but it sucks because it was such a fun gun to use.

Gator86

Descent Into Cerberon huh

Nuke spam will never go away. Just like in Titanfall 1, the average player won't spec anything else.

While the positive feedback from nuking into a new titan is gone, it won't affect people's choices to pick it.

Ronin was already becoming known to be the strongest Titan in Attrition etc. now he can take out a Tone without any trouble at all.

That may be true, but that doesn't mean Respawn shouldn't try and address it. It's a comically shitty game mechanic. Outside of a Northstar tether eject, it's basically just luck/bad maps/reaper boxes. Anything Respawn can do to lessen it is a net win for the game to me.

I never have problems with Ronin regardless of what titan I'm running so, personally, I'm not that worried about him laying waste to the field.

I think across about the 800-1000 games I played, I encountered Ronins as good as myself 10 times at the most. Most Ronins I see are pathetically helpless being kited by Ions, Northstars and Tones.

bigJP

ronins are running rampant? havent noticed. find them pretty easy to take care of most of the time. ive been noticing alot more northstars lately

Izuna

Banned
I think across about the 800-1000 games I played, I encountered Ronins as good as myself 10 times at the most. Most Ronins I see are pathetically helpless being kited by Ions, Northstars and Tones.

That goes for everything, tbh.

Ronin being the meta is w/e, I'm just saying that you're going to get a lot of Nuke in return. Nuke hardly ever gets me anyway (especially since Ronin is super good at avoiding), but there you go.

VeeP

I just purchased this game in the sale and it won't stop freezing in the main menu.

Has anyone worked out a way to fix this yet. I would prefer it if I didn't have to sit idle on the menu screen for 5 mins every time to get it to work.

Very weird. Never happened to me. What system are you playing on? Try to contact Respawn on twitter or Reddit.

deicide2673

Neo Member
Just got an execution unlock after a game called "Curb Check" but it isn't there to equip, weird? I have a picture of it on my iPad but don't know how to post it on here&#128530;

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I assumed it would work normally after the first time, but I haven't been back into the game since I played yesterday.

Alx

Live fire is fun, but I'm too bad in pilot vs pilot fighting to play a no respawn mode. It makes me long for "Marked for Death" though, that feeling when you're carrying the flag and all the opponents are after you is really thrilling. I always played the same map though, I thought there were several of them ? Are they to be downloaded separately ?

I tried playing coliseum again too, but I'm even more terrible at that. I could hold my own with the EPG at launch, but with the grenade launcher I lost all my games 0-3.

Drifters

I really hate how they've taken some of the AI out of Attrition and my god the lack of engine sounds make the game feel like a ghost town. :(

Donos

Uh, how can i get to the angel city only playlist in the new menue?

Oh boy that hemlock nerf is no joke. Well, good reason to try other weapons :)

Devotion on the other hand seems unimpressed by the nerf.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
New Matchmaking system is ass. "I want to find: CTF, Bounty Hunt, Attrition, Live Fire."

"LOL KAY! STARTING SEARCH!"

(Selects CTF)
"0 PLAYERS FOUND!"

"Okay, so fin--"

(Matchmaker sits there for 5+ minutes trying to find players instead of rotating modes)
---

And Live Fire isn't growing on me and the two new maps being exclusive to it, while understandable is dumb. We're about 3-5 months into the game and only have 1 new map that can be played on various modes, and that's a remake. Dumb.

I've got a bunch of exclusive Target skin codes from Mountain Dew that I'd like to give away, but I can't find an active site to redeem them on. Am I shit out of luck?

The Ummah

Banned
I just had a freeze in the menu today, except it errored and froze my Pro and corrupted my save file. Sony cloud storage to the rescue though :)

Arrrammis

It froze when I first started the game after the update on PS4(stuck in the main menu, wasn't able to do anything), but it fixed itself when I let it sit for ~3 minutes. Haven't had a problem since.

EL CUCO

It froze when I first started the game after the update on PS4(stuck in the main menu, wasn't able to do anything), but it fixed itself when I let it sit for ~3 minutes. Haven't had a problem since.
Waiting in the menu helped. Thanks
_________

Live Fire does not work for this type of game lol to win u gotta play super conservative, which sucks the fun out of Titanfall imo.

Drifters

So I think they literally are fucking with the speed or pace of the game every patch because it's off again and it's not just me. Scores are nowhere near as high for either team in Attrition.

R97 if used like a Pulse Rifle from Aliens (short controlled bursts) to me, is the new Hemlock.
201 TTK is slower than the R97.
Alternator is also a new Hemlock (aka "Easy Mode")

As mentioned above, seems to be lack of AI or perhaps AI drop ship patterns have changed drastically but I am running into few and few AI packs.

Holo pilot is still a novelty.

Ronin's damage seems nerfed as gun shots take an extra on the bullet sponge reapers.

Tone is nerfed which is good.

Legion guns seems to have gone up in damage quite a bit, although most players are still easy to take down... pilot or titan alike.

Northstar.... No clue since it is the most worthless titan.

Ion, seems damage output from gun up a slight tick to help build core faster. Laser beam blast radius seems the same.

Scorch seems to have benefited from slightly faster movement (which is odd since it's not in the patch notes) and thermite seems to be up slightly in damage with quite a few one shot kills now to pilots.

Overall.... I give the update a B+. Live fire is a joke IMO and they need to focus on new maps for Attrition since that's where 90% of the population plays. The tit-for-tat of Live fire is just not that engaging to me.

What

Most of the changes are minimal

R97 can kill a stationary target while burst firing at mid to some what longer ranges

Alternator has always been a viable option

R201 has always been good at mid to longer engagements. It gets pooped on by most SMGs at close range

Tone is virtually the same

Ion, Scorch, and Legion werent touched in ways youre saying. If youre suggesting they're keeping some tweaks a secret...

Arrrammis

There's really only two changes that I'd suggest to make Northstar better:
1. Make the missiles fired in the Flight Core fly directly in a straight line instead of flying way off course and back.
2. Make traps last forever - the entire match even- until they are shot. ATM, they last for ~5 seconds, or until they are shot. They don't take much damage (they can even be destroyed by electric smoke ffs), so it wouldn't be unreasonable, and I think it would make it into a much more useful ability. Way too many people just dash uselessly against it rather than shoot it because it's gone in a few seconds anyways.

Waiting in the menu helped. Thanks
_________

Live Fire does not work for this type of game lol to win u gotta play super conservative, which sucks the fun out of Titanfall imo.

No way im flying around the map getting tons of kills and wining most games. Might be my new favorite mode. Camping makes youn an easy target. You'll get eaten alive by good players.

Discobird

So I think they literally are fucking with the speed or pace of the game every patch because it's off again and it's not just me. Scores are nowhere near as high for either team in Attrition.

Attrition's score limit got reduced from 475 to 450. There's speculation on Reddit that this is because they also fixed a bug that was awarding 20 points for a Titan execution instead of the expected 15 (10 for the Titan + 5 for the pilot).

Top Bottom