• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

SwolBro

Banned
In the quote that McQ posted, that you are responding to, there's this from December:

Agreed. The problem is that all of the options are laughably meh (unless you're running an ogre and are forced to use dash) so people have no reason to use anything else. It's just a free, random kill as opposed to useless dreck.

They've been pretty clear - they don't see the versions as sufficiently different to require separate balancing. You can disagree, but it's disingenuous to pretend they haven't addressed it. Answers you dislike are not analogous to not answering.

I guess i didn't see that. Maybe my mind shut it out considering how awfully wrong it is. If the main goal is to try to mimic the same tired COD formula of casual 10min fun gameplay then sure the differences aren't significant and keep on trucking forward to that goal.

If the goal was to create the best balance between competitive and fun gameplay then yes it should be balanced differently, even if it's a small change but I guess that's not the goal is it? Que the "resources and time" argument-

But If it's a small change here or there that requires little resources then i don't see the big deal in going that route. So, again, i'm left confused. It's not massive changes, you don't have to weigh in the time and resources required for the balances, so where's the issue here?

The solution here could be the aim-assist and everything that goes along with that, which would have no effect on PC but it seems like that's something they don't want to fuck with it, so we're left with what we got then? yeh?

Alx

I'm just glad that a single Nuke Eject kill on an enemy Titan won't give you a free Titan anymore.

Bothered me something like Ronin can take advantage by bumrushing someone, then get a free titan for spamming dash. Rinse and repeat.

Yeah with Ronin it was a bit too easy to get your titan back. Basically once you got your Ronin, you'd never be on foot again until the end of the match.

Drifters

I'm just glad that a single Nuke Eject kill on an enemy Titan won't give you a free Titan anymore.

Bothered me something like Ronin can take advantage by bumrushing someone, then get a free titan for spamming dash. Rinse and repeat.

Still confuses me when Scorch and Legion use Nuke Eject.

If you play your cards right with El Scorcho or even Legion, you can doom a Ronin or Northstar fairly easily with nuke eject on a dash blocking their escape. Granted, if the Ronin has a phase teleport you're SOL but from how I've played, it can be effective.

E92 M3

Still confuses me when Scorch and Legion use Nuke Eject.

Just makes it less fun. It was so easy to see a kamikaze Ronin coming.

bigJP

i just cant use ion...
all other titans i am fairly decent with or can use them in the right context.
ion i am just not sure. cant kill a pilot to save my life either.

Greddleok

Ion? The hit scan laser makes pilots a doddle.

Northstar on the other hand FUCK. I can't do anything in that titan. No pilots, not titans, and maybe a couple of grunts before I'm smoked.

bigJP

Northstar on the other hand FUCK. I can't do anything in that titan. No pilots, not titans, and maybe a couple of grunts before I'm smoked.

cant connect with that supid laser. have better luck with northstar

biteren

best way to play Northstar imo is to be the biggest coward you can, take pop shots and run away when they come after you, use the teather to stall those chasing and give em a cluster missle. also dont under estimate the charge time of cluster, shoot it at pilots and itll charge back before you know it.

Greddleok

That's crazy, I pop pilots left and right with the laser. Don't get many titan kills though.

With northstar I can't really play like a coward. I'm just not good at that kind of footsie gaming. I like either fast hit and run style like Ronin, or big heavy tanks.

biteren

cant connect with that supid laser. have better luck with northstar

i goose pilots all the time with the laser, its hard for me to imagine not being good with it since it clicked with me instantly. in fact i have harder trouble killing pilot with other titans cauce they dont got the laser. all you can do is practice with it i guess.

biteren

That's crazy, I pop pilots left and right with the laser. Don't get many titan kills though.

With northstar I can't really play like a coward. I'm just not good at that kind of footsie gaming. I like either fast hit and run style like Ronin, or big heavy tanks.

then yeah that might leave northstar out of the bunch for you, i like the coward style with northstar since is a bit similar to how i play my ion

SwolBro

Banned
i just cant use ion...
all other titans i am fairly decent with or can use them in the right context.
ion i am just not sure. cant kill a pilot to save my life either.

I've made Ion my main titan right now. It's the most versatile Titan and the only other Titan outside Ronin that can soloq in any mode and not be screwed.

bigJP

guess i need to put in work with ion. what abilities would you guys suggest?
currently i run with energy recharges on crit hits and overcore or extra dash

Arrrammis

Usually I use extra dash and zero energy tripwire, always being able to throw down a tripwire somewhere without losing a ton of energy is really useful.

SwolBro

Banned

Usually I use extra dash and zero energy tripwire, always being able to throw down a tripwire somewhere without losing a ton of energy is really useful.

Extra dash on modes like CTF or attrition, always overcore on LTS.

I like the zero energy tripwire the best to combat those obnoxious Ronins but i will use the vortex shield amp if i know they have a really good legion but that's rare.

Overcore and Zero Energy tripwire

The automatic 30% to your core charge is nice to have since you'd get Counter Smokes immediately, and more frequent availability of Laser Core is always good

Zero Energy Tripwire because you can throw one down with no risk, and get a free Pilot kill every now and then

biteren

generally i go with the extra dash for everything except nuclear eject for the strider frames.

if you get good with your lasershot for ion, then overcore

and pick Zero Point Tripwire, i used to never use it except for killing pilots who take my battery, but now that it uses no energy i use if for everything.

Arrrammis

Still kinda wish that we could get a patch to put the correct model for Gates in multiplayer (to match her model in SP, currently in MP she just uses Jack's model) so it would look like this:
z9yua88hz8ky.jpg

Also, I think this could be more work than I thought, but it would be awesome to have different pilot models for each faction. They would all have the same outline, but different features, like the Apex Predators being grimy and lightly armored like Victor or the boss, and Vensim Dyanamics all having that smooth silver robot look, etc.. Just a bit of moment to moment difference that could be cool.

I drop the enemy flag in an open spot so I can guard it.

Teammate grabs the flag and quite literally starts running towards the enemy team's flag spot.

:|

And of course nobody can be arsed to protect our flag. Much better to scatter around and do fuck all apparently.

VeeP

Still kinda wish that we could get a patch to put the correct model for Gates in multiplayer (to match her model in SP, currently in MP she just uses Jack's model) so it would look like this:

Also, I think this could be more work than I thought, but it would be awesome to have different pilot models for each faction. They would all have the same outline, but different features, like the Apex Predators being grimy and lightly armored like Victor or the boss, and Vensim Dyanamics all having that smooth silver robot look, etc.. Just a bit of moment to moment difference that could be cool.

Personally, I would love some more customization for multiplayer. As in choosing Helmet, Body, Legs, etc. Helmets being collectable in the campaign and being used for multiplayer would've been great.

Gator86

Personally, I would love some more customization for multiplayer. As in choosing Helmet, Body, Legs, etc. Helmets being collectable in the campaign and being used for multiplayer would've been great.

I would love pilot customization. Titans need a specific look so you can play tactically against them. Every pilot is dead on sight so it doesn't even matter there. I've literally never looked at a pilot outfit and thought "hah, this is probably a Holo pilot disguise!"

biteren

I would love pilot customization. Titans need a specific look so you can play tactically against them. Every pilot is dead on sight so it doesn't even matter there. I've literally never looked at a pilot outfit and thought "hah, this is probably a Holo pilot disguise!"

i also would love this, not a huge fan of the Chunky Cloak Pilot with the weird arm

Gator86

i dunno, i think that one looks ok, but hey putting a pilot customizer would fix our issues

Yup, it would be a great addition.

I think I'm getting tired of the game. Don't know what happened, but all the cool shit is now just feeling like normal.

Yup, that's how it goes. A while ago I moved to only playing when friends were on and now that the release calendar is so crazy, I've mostly dropped it for fresher experiences. Horizon is ridiculously impressive. Free DLC is great and all, but I would gladly have paid if it could have meant the last 6 months wouldn't have been such a ghost town, in terms of new content.

JaMarco

i also would love this, not a huge fan of the Chunky Cloak Pilot with the weird arm
I'd 100% take Russian bear pelt pilot over the garbo phase shift bot. I'm hoping they decide to move on that eventually.
i dunno, i think that one looks ok, but hey putting a pilot customizer would fix our issues
The biggest issue this game has by far is the lack of pilot customization. No one cares about recognizing pilot types visually because the ttk is so low, so just allow us to make and play with really cool looking pilots.

Arrrammis

The biggest issue this game has by far is the lack of pilot customization. No one cares about recognizing pilot types visually because the ttk is so low, so just allow us to make and play with really cool looking pilots.

I don't know about "by far", but yeah it would be nice to have some more in-depth customization. There are tons of camos, but being able to change helmets or armor style would be great.

But personally, I'd still take a handful of new maps over this bit of customization.

Gator86

Yeah, it's totally tied to TTK. The higher the TTK, generally, the more important it is to be able to identify your opponent and what skills/gear they have. Here, where everyone is instantly gunned down across the map, or meleed in this game's case, it's just not important to have pilots look a certain way. Most of the abilities don't even work during combat. The only one that's really in danger of popping during a fight is phase shift and it does no immediate damage and produces a large graphical effect. It's not like you'd ever approach that fight differently anyway. "Oooooooooh, he has phase shift, I guess I won't take my time shooting one bullet at a time here."

bigJP

when this game clicks, it so awesome.

goosing pilots with scorch is so awesome.

taking on a tone and ion and beating them with scorch felt amazing.

bigJP

i know im looking too far ahead, but cant wait for titanfall 3. just wish they take the best of 1 and 2. their is bits and pieces i love of both games. keep switching back and forth

Gator86

Well new maps is a given for an MP fps and are already confirmed to be coming.

I'm still surprised at how slowly the maps are rolling out. I would love a more detailed breakdown from Respawn about their process and the steps involved. They're just pulling maps out of TF1. They're not designing maps or testing them then. It's clearly not just copy/paste but how are other studios putting together multiple new maps in the time it takes Respawn to port 1?

SwolBro

Banned
It's clearly not just copy/paste but how are other studios putting together multiple new maps in the time it takes Respawn to port 1?

I'm assuming since the game didn't sell like it should have EA pulled funding? Bonuses weren't given? We're probably going to get way less maps than originally planned. i'm sure a bunch of people were switched over to the Star Wars game, it would explain the delay in getting out 1 measly port.

At this point in Titanfall 1 we had 18 total maps i believe. We're still stuck with 10 here.. Crash site shouldn't even count, so we really have 9.

Gator86

I'm assuming since the game didn't sell like it should have EA pulled funding? Bonuses weren't given? We're probably going to get way less maps than originally planned. i'm sure a bunch of people were switched over to the Star Wars game, it would explain the delay in getting out 1 measly port.

At this point in Titanfall 1 we had 18 total maps i believe. We're still stuck with 10 here.. Crash site shouldn't even count, so we really have 9.

Unless I'm wrong, Respawn has stated that all the TF2 staff are still on the game and haven't been redirected to Star Wars. So they should still have the full team. Obviously, it's a smaller crew than the BF1 or COD teams, but the map rollout seems crazy considering they're just re-releasing old content. Hopefully, they'll have some surprises and maybe that long awaited roadmap with the FNN tomorrow.

SwolBro

Banned
Pilot glow outline should have been a damn kit up there next to power cell and health regen. No one uses the damn explosive nade kit anyways. This drives me nuts.

Doing it like this would still provide the lower skilled players a kit that benefits them and that stationary defensive playstyle while allowing higher skilled players not to deal with pilot glow in comp and tourny matches.

sigh...

LNBL

Just hd my best match yet on Skirmish. 25 kills and 4 deaths, Ronin likes choppin' pilots yess.

Matchmaking is hilariously fast btw, i love it

Hopefully, they'll have some surprises and maybe that long awaited roadmap with the FNN tomorrow.
Yeah... it could be a roadmap.

Or they could be like "FNN is gonna be totally kickass but it's not quite ready again whoooops"

Or they could be like "Wow guys isn't Live Fire so much fun? Thanks for playing! Here's a link to Gamesager's Twitch again"

Life is like a box of chocolates.

Gator86

Or they could be like "FNN is gonna be totally kickass but it's not quite ready again whoooops"

Or they could be like "Wow guys isn't Live Fire so much fun? Thanks for playing! Here's a link to Gamesager's Twitch again"

Haha all of those are pretty reasonable guesses for what we might get. I fucking hate Live Fire so, personally, I hope they don't invest another minute of dev time or resources on it.

SwolBro

Banned

Well at least there's this! https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5yhjv3/featured_playlist_schedule_for_this_week/

Hey!
Today we are removing Skirmish from Featured Playlist and next on deck is...Capture the Flag! It'll run from 3/9 through 3/13 with Double XP. Skirmish will still be available in Private Match.
On Monday the next featured mode will be Last Titan Standing and we'll run that through Thursday with Double XP as well.
Have fun!

Get ready to sweat fellas!

Cels

CTF is a lot slower for leveling than skirmish but definitely a welcome featured mode

looking forward to LTS next week

SwolBro

Banned
I miss the skirmish playlist already :(
Skirmish was utter trash.
The funny thing about skirmish is that more than half of my games ended up being one team getting all of their titans, stomping the other team, and ending up with hilarious moments like this:

Give us your lunch money Ion!
Exactly, it was a pointless mode.

Oh how right you were.

No FNN this week. They said "shooting for early next week" lol.
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5yhjv3/featured_playlist_schedule_for_this_week/deq46kz/

Top Bottom