• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

SwolBro

Banned
WQdDZqc.png

i had this banner, it's the best banner in the game but is completely ruined by all the stupid patches. Why can't we have a default no patch option? Another prime example of Respawn doing something fucking cool and then somehow finding a way to ruin it. lol

Now i rock the 101 banner which is awesome. Hopefully no one levels up the 101.

Dylan

Bleh same here. I appreciate some variety, but I got sooo many LTS games and then a good number of PvP (too many for my taste). I do wonder if LTS is actually weighted more heavily, it seemed like I got it by far the most.

Had the same experience, with LTS being being selected almost every time.

Mechazawa

Stepping away from this game for a couple of months might as well be the equivalent of playing with inverted controls.

Plz deteriorate my MMR harder, Respawn. I need time to punch japanese men with pompadours.

Izuna

Banned
Nah, it's still the best CTF map. It just sucks for PVP and it's overwhelmingly packed in Attrition.

It's really bad for Attrition

It's funny because Colony was a minion farming stage in the original but now it's die in half a second rooftop fighting...

Nudull

Banned
Who's playing on PS4? Be happy to join up and get a better feel of the game.

Played a few matches so far, and I like it a lot. I wasn't even that big a fan of Call of Duty-style gunplay. XD

Arrrammis

Who's playing on PS4? Be happy to join up and get a better feel of the game.

Played a few matches so far, and I like it a lot. I wasn't even that big a fan of Call of Duty-style gunplay. XD

Me and a friend or two should be on in 2-3 hours if you're still around, feel free to add me (PSN ID is the game as Gaf name)

Nudull

Banned
Got to say, playing with a sniper rifle/revolver setup isn't that bad. Granted, I'm early into the multiplayer, but headshotting fools is pretty easy for me.

Dylan

Anyone else notice the pics of (what I assume to be) the developers and their families inside the buildings in this map?

Greddleok

Welp, this patch has fucked Titanfall 2 for me.

Menu freezes. Crashes. Freezing when I load into a map.

It's unplayable now. I can't really download it again thanks to my data cap.

Alx

From my first impressions, I feel Colony is fine for Tf2 gameplay (at least Attrition... some day I'll try another mode :D). It's less grappling-hook friendly, and the maze of tiny houses makes it more interesting for close range combat. That also means it's easier to get shot in the back (or shoot other people in the back :p).

I started playing this a bit on XboxOne.
But i have a weird issue.

The Audio is crackling through a entire mp match. Is that normal or a bug?

Dont have that issue with other games.

Im using the uncompressed 5.1 settings on the Xbox.

Izuna

Banned
This MP has been a mess since the Tech Test...
I wonder if Private Match will ever get a full release...

Colony has managed to make the game even less fun

SwolBro

Banned
Only, what, the tenth time you've said that?

Yes, because i try really hard to make the game work. There's so much fucking sloppy mistakes that it's unplayable once you reach a certain point.

Competitively, the game is a disaster. Maps are horribly unbalanced, game mechanics hinder you, gunplay took a back seat to quick milisecond COD type kills, the Titan play within pilot modes (especially CTF) is a complete failure on a magnitude i haven't seen in a sequel since Gears of War 2.

And all of this may not be so glaringly bad if the first game didn't have near perfect fluidity with maps that fit both titan and pilot play wonderfully. If i could have a word with the people responsible for

• three lane maps
  • changing the titan health/load outs
  • reducing ttk and gunplay

they failed this game with these decisions.

_______

Side note: Another utterly MIND BOGGLING design choice not to give you a pilot kit for stealth or silent footsteps is yet again a prime example of this game ruining mobility. Against sound whoring try hard competitive players this Rips. You. To. Shreds. WHYYYYYY? RESPAWN????

Not even COD does this, dont' they always give you a "ninja" option?

I am baffled, and confused about so many of these poor decisions i don't have words anymore but hyperbolic language. Sorry.

I'm still having a great time tho

Sorry

Seeing almost literally everyone roll R-101s was pretty hilarious tho.... for sure the thirst is real for content

SwolBro

Banned
I'm still having a great time tho

Sorry

And that's fine and dandy dude but for players that actually want to take full advantage of the mobility system, and have engaging gun fights where gun skill over who saw who first is the deciding factor in killin/dying it's not fun.

It's like Respawn is holding up this juicy apple saying "look at how awesome this mobility is, look at how fast you can go" and then introduces a fucking ton of shit that goes against you using it

It makes zero fucking sense to me. ZERO. And when logic breaks down in my mind like that i tend to lose it.

Sorry.

Izuna

Banned
It's a clear step back from the original in a competitive sense

Edit: I am still excited for the co-op modes, hut I have since given up that Attrition will ever be as good as it was in the original.

grendelrt

And that's fine and dandy dude but for players that actually want to take full advantage of the mobility system, and have engaging gun fights where gun skill over who saw who first is the deciding factor in killin/dying it's not fun.

It's like Respawn is holding up this juicy apple saying "look at how awesome this mobility is, look at how fast you can go" and then introduces a fucking ton of shit that goes against you using it

It makes zero fucking sense to me. ZERO. And when logic breaks down in my mind like that i tend to lose it.

Sorry.
I think their point is, you don't like the game and that's fine, stop playing it and stop trying convince people in here that do enjoy it they are somehow wrong. You have "quit" multiple times, cool, move on.

Yes, because i try really hard to make the game work. There's so much fucking sloppy mistakes that it's unplayable once you reach a certain point.

Competitively, the game is a disaster. Maps are horribly unbalanced, game mechanics hinder you, gunplay took a back seat to quick milisecond COD type kills, the Titan play within pilot modes (especially CTF) is a complete failure on a magnitude i haven't seen in a sequel since Gears of War 2.

And all of this may not be so glaringly bad if the first game didn't have near perfect fluidity with maps that fit both titan and pilot play wonderfully. If i could have a word with the people responsible for

• three lane maps

_______

Side note: Another utterly MIND BOGGLING design choice not to give you a pilot kit for stealth or silent footsteps is yet again a prime example of this game ruining mobility. Against sound whoring try hard competitive players this Rips. You. To. Shreds. WHYYYYYY? RESPAWN????

I am baffled, and confused about so many of these poor decisions i don't have words anymore but hyperbolic language. Sorry.

hey wait I thought you used to be cool with TF2 during the beta test lol

Alx

Seeing almost literally everyone roll R-101s was pretty hilarious tho.... for sure the thirst is real for content

I'm also using it a lot even if R101/201 aren't my favourite weapons, but I've been trying to raise the level of all weapons simultaneously and it's frustrating to have all of them at generation 3 or higher, and only one is stuck at low levels. :p
It feels good unlock stuff while leveling, too. It's a bit silly, but there's always that feeling of achievement (even if I have enough money to unlock the options I need).

Colony is great too. I had some very intense games on it yesterday. There are so many routes and obstacles that it's a constant game of hide & seek at high speed. :)

Tokubetsu

• three lane maps

_______

wait isn't there a silent footsteps/jet kit in this game? Pretty sure i have it on one of my smg kits instead of wall hang or kill report.

Alx

wait isn't there a silent footsteps/jet kit in this game? Pretty sure i have it on one of my smg kits instead of wall hang or kill report.

Yes there is the "Low Profile" option for Kit2, the description is "No jump jet trails and silent rodeo climbing". I don't think it muffles footsteps in general though.
It's my default option for all loadouts ; other options are "hovering" (great for getting killed while sitting motionless in mid-air :D), wall hang and kill report.

Tokubetsu

They learned their lesson then lol. The only counter for sound whoring try hards is to become a sound whoring try hard yourself. CoD used to have a great ninja kit but they nerfed it to hell/got rid of it for a reason. For that slot it became pretty much the only kit you could run if you wanted be decent. IIRC Blops 1 is where this kinda peaked and the whole series pivoted in other directions to get rid of it.

Bleepey

I have T2 on my pc from the last time it was on here. How do i use the old download because it still insists on downloading all 50 gb of the previous download again?

VeeP

Just curious does anyone get lag spikes? When I first started playing this game in december. It was smooth then. With each patch I noticed more lag spikes.

SwolBro

Banned
hey wait I thought you used to be cool with TF2 during the beta test lol
I was defending certain decisions, yes. I was enjoying the movement system, and the no wall hang, i said wait to give the Titans a shot, and to hold out for better maps since i thought they were putting the more casual friendly maps forward. No idea we were going to get things like hemlok, g2, devotion, a-wall, shittier maps, etc, etc, etc.

I still made some things like pilot glow, fast ttk, lack of real stim health boost, and slow health regen potentially big issue.

No there is no silent footstep kit.

They learned their lesson then lol. The only counter for sound whoring try hards is to become a sound whoring try hard yourself. CoD used to have a great ninja kit but they nerfed it to hell/got rid of it for a reason. For that slot it became pretty much the only kit you could run if you wanted be decent. IIRC Blops 1 is where this kinda peaked and the whole series pivoted in other directions to get rid of it.

Why do i see these statements lately? "The only counter to OP weapons is to make everything OP" that's so dumb. No, that's not a counter. That just creates a cacophony of noise, and the only people that can actually hear the footsteps are those with the better headsets, and the ones that can tweak their EQs.

And don't reply with "but you use an elite controller, you get an advantage over others" because using an elite does allow you to play better but it still requires player input, still requires skill. Sound whoring is not a skill.

There could be an argument made for killing off silent footstep kits in COD . COD has really small corridor 3 lane maps, with an absurd ttk time. It's about who can see who first and react, it's not about movement. That's not why people play COD. Not having it does not make sense for a game like Titanfall where movement is supposed to be priority number 1 in the gameplay mechanic. It's another in a list of things that Respawn did to destroy mobility in this game.

Here is a list of things Respawn introduced to prevent you from using the mobility mechanic:

1. Pilot Glow
  2. OP boots on the ground weapons
  3. Tons of aim-assist while boots on ground
  4. Sentry-turrets
  5. Stationary tacts like A-Wall
  6. 3 lane maps with predictability
  7. No silent footstep kit
  8. No more NPC in certain modes

This list can actually be longer. Look at the hover mechanic. It allows you to stop mid air, with precise ADS accuracy and shoot at someone. lol meanwhile flying across the map in air will require tons more skill to pull off the kill since your accuracy diminishes. Once again screwing people that use the mechanics to the fullest while allowing someone else to equip a crutch. Makes no damn sense at all.

I really like new Coliseum overall, mainly just because the Mastiff is such a fun gun. But the gun itself is just way too inconsistent for a competitive 1v1 gametype like this.

I think they should try this idea again after a Mastiff buff (whether it be a flat damage increase, or just something that makes the gun way more consistent than it is now)

breadtruck

Today was the first time Ive played since the update hit, and I noticed that also. So I added it to one of my loadouts because I started thinking I was missing out on something.

I wasnt, haha.

This game has some major interest of making Exoplanet appear in over half of the Bounty Hunt matches.

Edit: And always matching me up against stacked parties in said mode, stop it

Edit2: Pilot vs Pilot might as well be renamed to Phase Shift vs Phase Shift, since that's the only thing everyone's practically using now

Afa

I like the Colony map, the variety, close and angled buildings allow me to wall run around the map alot (without grapple hook). Also alot of opportunities to evade shots running into buildings.

If anything a nice change of pace to the other maps.

And don't reply with "but you use an elite controller, you get an advantage over others" because using an elite does allow you to play better but it still requires player input, still requires skill. Sound whoring is not a skill.
Just like the XIM still requires your input and skill! Glad to have you on board with mouse adapters! :)

I think it's a weird argument that 'good sound' is some kind of unfair advantage given to headset users. Most players who are vaguely competitive use a headset in FPS games, even if they don't have loud footsteps. Of course hearing and interpreting what's going on in the world is a skill.

But the level of loudness doesn't help matters in this particular game especially considering the litany of issues that already make mobile play-styles suicide against competent ground potatoes.

Sound is just another area where I have to give credit to best-design-ever R6 Siege, with its sound propagation system and destructible maps which don't give you a ridiculous 360 degree pinpoint footstep detection sound system and instead requires you to think about how sound propagates through the map and deduce what you're hearing.

I will say that I thought sound worked well enough in the original Titanfall, with grunts and the like giving you decent audio cover. I think the only mode that shouldn't have grunts is probably LTS just because giving pilots any extra cover is a bad idea for a mode about Titans, and they were just obnoxious poke damage in the original. Who the hell likes missing a shot because some Archer grunt shook your view right as you tried to fire?

Top Bottom