• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

amdb00mer

I thnk its all latency, same reason people warp to you on ocassion on melee hits. Server is tracking slightly off on each person. My ping has only increased since launch, I normally sit anywhere from 60-80 ping right now even though two servers are in my state and I have 15ms ping to them. For months my ping was 30-40ms, now its 60-80ms, I dont know if its due to the matchmaking moving servers to find games or what.

I average around 31ms on ping.

Afa

Yeah I miss Dry Dock.

I'll have to check out the trailer when I'm off work but more wall running ops sounds good.
Also loving the constant updating, keep'em coming Respawn, take my Prime money!

Arrrammis

I've gotten Dry Dock plenty on LTS, but not much on other modes.

Anyways, If anyone wants to group up on PS4 I'm on.

That feel when you get hate mail for dominating with the EPG from a guy who spent the entire match at the back of the map using Hemlock+ A-wall... Feelsgoodman

grendelrt

Got toxic tonight, couldnt help it. Lost a bounty hunt match by 100 pts and one member on my team had 50 dollars after a whole match. Running around playing deathmatch instead playing bounty hunt.

VeeP

I thnk its all latency, same reason people warp to you on ocassion on melee hits. Server is tracking slightly off on each person. My ping has only increased since launch, I normally sit anywhere from 60-80 ping right now even though two servers are in my state and I have 15ms ping to them. For months my ping was 30-40ms, now its 60-80ms, I dont know if its due to the matchmaking moving servers to find games or what.

I'm in the (kinda) same boat as you man. When I first got the game, joining servers my ping was around 30, and once I was in the game it hovered between 30-40. Since then, it has progressively increased, and now it's around 60-80 sometimes.

I've definitely had noticed more latency with each month.

I wish they would just make a infantry focused game again, i honestly believe the titans are what the general public dont like about this game. there is 4k people playing, it's dying fast.

I love the infantry gameplay and just adore how it controls and plays on the sticks. There is nothing better on console by a mile, but i just get so bored with attrition or bounty when the titans drop because i don't want to get in one or engage them so i just quit a lot of the times when everyone is in one.

Well why dont you play pilot vs pilot then? Simple, the maps are garbage for it and hardly anyone plays it so there is tons of people lagging /skipping all over

grendelrt

I wish they would just make a infantry focused game again, i honestly believe the titans are what the general public dont like about this game. there is 4k people playing, it's dying fast.

I love the infantry gameplay and just adore how it controls plays on the sticks. There is nothing better on console by a mile, but i just get so bored with attrition or bounty when the titans drop because i don't want to get in one or engage them so i just quit a lot of the times when everyone is in one.

Well why dont you play pilot vs pilot then? Simple, the maps are garbage for them and hardly anyone plays it so there is tons of people lagging /skipping all over
Ehhhh I get the exact opposite vibe in this thread that most people want more Titan stuff than pilot stuff. I like a balance of both, I keep pilot vs pilot in my Playlist for change of pace but still love me some Lts and Attrition.

Alx

I don't see how you can claim people dislike titans and admit later that nobody plays the titan-less modes.

I don't see how you can claim people dislike titans and admit later that nobody plays the titan-less modes.

read again

Ehhhh I get the exact opposite vibe in this thread that most people want more Titan stuff than pilot stuff. I like a balance of both, I keep pilot vs pilot in my Playlist for change of pace but still love me some Lts and Attrition.

Well yeah, the people who still play it obvious like it, but there aren't many. It think it's a very niche game

I know you mention "bad maps", but in that case it seems like people dislike bad maps much more than titans.

player vs player plays horrible on these maps, it's tdm so there is no incentive to move and its all sitting on rooftops with a shield and g2/devotion.

Compare that to cod4 or mw2 where it's nothing but tdm and maps designed for infantry , in those maps you could move around way more. Was fun to rush

SwolBro

Banned
player vs player plays horrible on these maps, it's tdm so there is no incentive to move and its all sitting on rooftops with a shield and g2/devotion.

Compare that to cod4 or mw2 where it's nothing but tdm and maps designed for infantry , in those maps you could move around way more. Was fun to rush

Have you tried CTF?

Despite not being anywhere near as good as it was in Titanfall 1 it's still the best game type in this game. It promotes more pilot movement than any other mode and Titans aren't as prominent (unless you're playing a sweaty)

amdb00mer

What area are you in? I have a friend in the same town that has also doubled in ping, I am thinking that it is moving us to a more populated server to find games. We are in VA.

Southeast USA. I however get as low as 27ms sometimes, but normally it hovers around 31ms when in game. I have checked in games when I see somebody "skipping" and in theos einstances it may jump to 60ms or so a couple of times. I normally end up using the Virginia servers as they are consistently low for me.

Arrrammis

Despite the problems that people voice, I can still say that this is definitely my go-to game to play to unwind, group up with friends for, and generally enjoy. I love the free content so far, and really appreciate the folks from Respawn who put up with our constant arbitrary complaints.

As far as the pilots v. pilots modes that everyone is arguing about now, I like the Live Fire, especially CTF Nitro, but on the normal maps I feel like the map is too open to have just pilots running around. Plus, in normal modes I know that even when someone is sitting atop a tower with a G2+A-wall, I can call down my Northstar in a few minutes and cluster missile them. With PvP, it's just that much more annoying to flank around without being seen to kill them IMO.

grendelrt

Southeast USA. I however get as low as 27ms sometimes, but normally it hovers around 31ms when in game. I have checked in games when I see somebody "skipping" and in theos einstances it may jump to 60ms or so a couple of times. I normally end up using the Virginia servers as they are consistently low for me.
Interesting , I dont know why we are having issues then. I am in VA and my ping to the server in the main menu is 15ms.

Despite the problems that people voice, I can still say that this is definitely my go-to game to play to unwind, group up with friends for, and generally enjoy. I love the free content so far, and really appreciate the folks from Respawn who put up with our constant arbitrary complaints.

As far as the pilots v. pilots modes that everyone is arguing about now, I like the Live Fire, especially CTF Nitro, but on the normal maps I feel like the map is too open to have just pilots running around. Plus, in normal modes I know that even when someone is sitting atop a tower with a G2+A-wall, I can call down my Northstar in a few minutes and cluster missile them. With PvP, it's just that much more annoying to flank around without being seen to kill them IMO.

Yup, I feel like with the last 3 months having content updates that the game is getting better and better. If they keep this up, I will be playing for quite a while.

Izuna

Banned
I'm happy af that the original is still alive on Xbox, but I am waiting for the sequel to inevitably be more like it over time.

I feel like Pilot vs Titan balance needs to be revisited. Archer being the only useful anti-titan weapon is silliness.

I'm happy af that the original is still alive on Xbox, but I am waiting for the sequel to inevitably be more like it over time.

I feel like Pilot vs Titan balance needs to be revisited. Archer being the only useful anti-titan weapon is silliness.

Rodeo all day

Izuna

Banned
Rodeo all day

Even with this update, Rodeo is useless.

Since the Tech Test, the purpose of fighting Titans is mere to get your own titan (which you can get quickly) ~~ but this is also why Brain >>>>>> Battery.

Perhaps, if you jump on a Titan with a battery the 'nade should do more damage or something. Maybe Respawn thought Titans were lost too quickly with lesser players.

1QfjQNH.gif

I can't wait for Titanfall Online

Izuna

Banned
No Sonar Pulse, for one

No Glowy stuff

Big Punch <3

Auto-Eject+Nuclear sucks tho, but I like how Big Punch pushes them away and this makes their nuclear useless.

The radar as well. It's probably the biggest reason why I feel uncomfortable with 2. They really need to fix it in an update.

Even with this update, Rodeo is useless.

Since the Tech Test, the purpose of fighting Titans is mere to get your own titan (which you can get quickly) ~~ but this is also why Brain >>>>>> Battery.

Perhaps, if you jump on a Titan with a battery the 'nade should do more damage or something. Maybe Respawn thought Titans were lost too quickly with lesser players.

1QfjQNH.gif

I can't wait for Titanfall Online

I wish they would make a special rodeo explosive you could equip that is useless unless you are rodeo-ing, but if you are it is powerful.

Lost a bunch of matches last night due to some shitty teams but still had a lot of fun. TF2 probably the competitive game I've spent the most time with this year.

Izuna

Banned
This post makes a lot of sense.

It really freaking doesn't

Neither community is very large and Respawn are constantly updating the sequel with Titanfall 1 stuff.

We're getting a War Games like map
They made CTF more like the original
and we're getting Marked for Death (a game mode that was a hit in the original)

comparisons will always be drawn

Arrrammis

It really freaking doesn't

Neither community is very large and Respawn are constantly updating the sequel with Titanfall 1 stuff.

We're getting a War Games like map
They made CTF more like the original
and we're getting Marked for Death (a game mode that was a hit in the original)

comparisons will always be drawn

Comparisons will always be drawn, but that's not what's happening here. We have discussion about the TF|2, coming updates, general balance, and the occasional angry outburst in this thread. Then, you or Swol posts a gif or something about how Titanfall 1 was so much better because it literally gave you oral sex while you played, and just fill up the rest of the page with that circle jerk while everyone else collectively rolls their eyes and kindly asks that if you're going to gush over another game, you can go to that game's OT. Why not try posting in the Titanfall 1 OT? If someone responds and keeps a conversation going about it, then neat! If not, then you'd get the same response as here because nobody here cares about titanfall 1 except you and Swol.

BTW, I still don't know why you posted that gif as if it were relevant. In the middle of a conversation about rodeoing titans, you randomly post a gif of someone escaping a nuke eject and then killing a cloaked pilot. If you had posted a gif of someone rodeoing a titan? Sure, that would make sense. But with this gif, it's almost as if you wanted to change the discussion from TF|2 gameplay to another rant about how great Titanfall 1 was...

Izuna

Banned
No honestly? It's not Swol or myself that are hostile. Go back pages and pages and it's the same people that want to remove people from a discussion...

Case in point, if this were a Halo thread and Swol and I posted the same frequency about how Halo CE was better than 2, it would get drowned out regardless because there would be more posters.

Maybe it's time to realise that pointing fingers at posts, saying you don't like them for arbitrary reasons, wanting everything to be wholly positive, is what's constantly making this thread off-topic.

That topic about Rodeo? I pretty much started that discussion. I thought I had a .gif that were relevant, but I didn't, I had something else instead ~~ it's the only OC .gif in what.. 11 pages?

No one is ranting, but it sounds like the remaining Titanfall 2 community literally hates hearing anything critical and yet never shares anything other than how they love the game anyway.

Shall we keep having this discussion about what posts we want in here or are we going to talk Titanfall?

I think putting the blame on Antitype, myself and Swol for why this thread isn't active is, to be frank, petty and juvenile. If you don't want to engage in a certain topic, then don't.

Arrrammis

I agree that sometimes I have a habit of calling people out for overall trends, and I do apologize for that.

I don't mean that we shouldn't have complaints, but when it feels like every discussion on that front devolves to "here's how Titanfall 1 did it and it was perfect!", it kills the discussion and it gets really tiring.

Izuna

Banned
I think if people didn't pile on Swol or myself if we posted about Titanfall 1, then it wouldn't take half the page to move on. Perhaps even, discussions about differences, or what we'd like to see, or how Titanfall 1 cloak patch in Titanfall 2 made it useless etc. would happen.

I can count three posters including myself who outright prefer the original and make it known... one of which rarely ever posts despite being a huge fan of the franchise.

To bring this back on-topic... I wonder how Marked for Death will work in Titanfall 2.

With guns like the G2, open maps and Titans not being as fast, survivability is going to go down. I have a feeling it's either going to turn into the Marked player being far too powerful with his team of G2 and Amped Wall users, or they can't stay alive for very long at all.

Few maps in the original worked for that mode regardless. I think Swampland was one of the best for it.

Arrrammis

Marked for Death might be where some of the TF|2 maps work better than the original, especially ones like Complex or (plz don't crucify me)crash site. Those maps have tons of passages and outside-the-map flank routes that you can use to great effect, and there's not many places where a team can turtle up without giving up height advantage.

VeeP

I noticed Swol mentioned the Hemlok was OP a few pages back, and decided to give it a go because I needed a gun to level up. And idk if I'd say it's OP, but it's definitely a useful/powerful gun. I'm surprised more people don't use it.

I've literally used it shoot across the map multiple times. On Crash Site, Angel City, Colony, etc.

Only reason I wouldn't say it's OP is because at mid range and especially closer ranges SMG's & other AR's have an advantage with the ROF.

Top Bottom