• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
Fundamental misunderstanding of the problem. The problem isn't dying, the problem is the frustration created by the game having a built in significant imbalance in a competitive setting.

The problem is that without space for competitive play, it'll never lift off.

-

And yeah, PC aim assist should go. There's a very good reason why Overwatch doesn't allow it.

~2.4 GB.

Monarch is live and unlocked at level 20 or 200 credits, but new prime titans still say coming soon. There doesn't seem to be a specific playlist for Relic. I'll play a couple of games to see if it pops up.

Are you guys sure it's live? I'm on Xbox and nothing is updating for me.

Edit: Nevermind, just had to clear some space and reset my Xbox.

Welp, it's not a surprise that everybody is running around in Monarchs.

Played two games as Scorch -- completely fucked by Monarchs. Is his heat shield not supposed to protect him from the energy siphon? Or was it because I was getting hit with arc rounds after the first upgrade?

EDIT: Just messed around with Monarch, and fuck, it was the arc rounds (drains energy from the vortex and thermal shields). Yeah, this Titan is ridiculous.

Dez_

Feeling the Ion nerf. Ouch.

Edit: Since I'm only level G8.08 and I don't have any currency to spend, I just have to wait it out to use Monarch. Playing Titan brawl against almost a full team of them, and yeah those titans seem to be really powerful, especially with how melee executions give them a free battery each time. Combined with Ion's nerfs and I felt like I really couldn't do much. Haven't tried out the volt to see how it feels after the patch. Relic didn't come up in rotation, but I only have a limited time to play right now, so I just loaded it up on a private match. It feels nice to run around the area. Looking forward to playing it for real.

I wonder how Respawn handles the map rotation and if there's a way to increase the chances of the new maps showing up. From personal experience, the newer maps rarely show up for me, with the exception of Angel city.

J.EM1

Came back to the game after a long break. Tried out the new Monarch titan. Kind of wished it had BT's voice. Still cool nonetheless.

Arrrammis

Monarch felt really OP at first, but after playing with him and against him, he's not too bad. Tone and Legion are really powerful against Monarch since Monarch has no shield ability and doesn't have the agility to get out of danger easily. But once Monarch hits level 3, he's insane. The missile lock-on doesn't seem that good to me, but the increased primary fire and increased health make a huge difference.

Monarch felt really OP at first, but after playing with him and against him, he's not too bad. Tone and Legion are really powerful against Monarch since Monarch has no shield ability and doesn't have the agility to get out of danger easily. But once Monarch hits level 3, he's insane. The missile lock-on doesn't seem that good to me, but the increased primary fire and increased health make a huge difference.

After playing with Monarch for a bit more too, I agree. The lack of the shield ability really balances her out, and you can't really play all that aggressively with her.

Also been playing a lot of attition the last 3 hours, haven't encountered Relic or the new Crash Site yet.

I think I love Monarch. Theres a sense of... challenge? Its not just delete, delete, delete. Surprisingly balanced, so far. Now if only they could that with Pilot balancing.

Things Ive noticed

- Connecting to higher ping servers. Are Central US servers down or? Im normally at 16-30ping but all matches Ive been in are in the 60-80 range. edit and the moment i post this im back to normal lol

- Getting matched up against premade groups while solo queuing again.

Uh the R2s definitely didn't need buffs, they're like death lazers now.

R2s?

biteren

not having a great time with monarch so far, even worse is that i gotta find a new primary titan now that they took away my baby (ion)

biteren

the constant shield Monarch gets is getting really annoying, every finishing chance is getting constantly denied. every match of titan brawl has been awful.

EDIT: ok i think im starting to get the hang of Monarch and how to deal with some of em so far

Spasm

not having a great time with monarch so far, even worse is that i gotta find a new primary titan now that they took away my baby (ion)
I thought the laser nerf would ruin Ion for me, but it's actually not that bad. Double tap is gone, but the single shots refresh pretty quick.

VeeP

Finally got crash site. Let's see if it's improved...

Edit: Wow, huge improvement. Wall running felt a lot more smooth, and zip lines allow you to zoom around the map quickly and get the drop on opponents.

That R97 nerf lol

Rebalancing:
Universal

Damage done to Titan Shields now generate Earn/Core meter just like normal Titan damage.
Titan Earn/Core meter percentage earned from damage dealt to other Titans decreased from 0.0075% to 0.007% per point of damage.
Titan Executions can no longer be prevented by Titan Shields.

Tactikill

Kills with the Tactikill weapon mod will now reward 25% of a tactical's charge instead of 33%.

R201/R101 Carbines

Very far damage increased from 10 to 12.

Flatline

Damage decreased from 35-30-20 to 30-25-15.
Amped damage decreased from 50-35-25 to 45-35-20.

R-97

Very far damage decreased from 16 to 14. Yep. That's it.

Volt

Near damage increased from 23 to 25.
Amped near damage increased from 25 to 35.
Vertical recoil widened from -0.01°-0.1° per shot to -0.15°-0.35° per shot.
Horizontal recoil increased from 0.0°-0.3° per shot to 0.1°-0.4° per shot.

X55-Devotion

Damage decreased from 35-30-25 to 25-20-15.
Amped damage decreased from 45-40-30 to 35-20-25.

Longbow DMR

Amped damage decreased from 100 to 80.

RE-45 Autopistol

Suppressed damage increased from 17-12-9 to 20-14-12.

Hammond P2016

Near damage decreased from 45 to 40.
Very far damage added, taking effect at 125 feet, and scaling down to 20 damage.
Suppressed damage adjusted from 30-25 to 32-25-15.
Amped very far damage added, set to 25.

SA-3 Mozambique

Suppressed damage increased from 17-13 to 20-16.

Wingman

Suppressed damage increased from 40-20-10 to 40-35-25.
Amped near damage decreased from 100 to 90.

Ion

Laser Shot maximum damage to Titans reduced from 2800 to 2400.
Nitty gritty: Laser Shot used to do 1400 damage on impact and up to another 1400 damage from its explosion, though that maximum damage was rarely properly applied in full thanks to how inconsistent explosive damage tends to be with direct hits. Both values have now been lowered to 1200.
Laser Shot energy cost increased from 500 to 550 (out of 1000 total).
Laser Core damage reduced from 350 to 325 (DPS reduced from 3500 to 3250).

Fixes and Other Changes:

Crash Site has a bunch of ziplines now and some improved collision clipping for player movement.
Friendly turrets will now be visible on the minimap.
CTF Flag Return radius redefined to 6.25 feet (previous value unknown).
Network invites will now show the actual patches of everyone joining instead of just question marks.
The manifestation of spooky flying ghost Gunshields should be fixed now.
Scorch and Tone can no longer melee while their cores are active.
Melee fixes, allegedly, again.

Also, its amazing I've gotten Relic like 7 times but Glitch has yet to show up.

VeeP

That R97 nerf lol

Also, its amazing I've gotten Relic like 7 times but Glitch has yet to show up.

I've only played about 6 matches so far, but I've had Colony twice, and 4 other maps. No Relic yet :/.

Edit: Respawn, I think a DLC Playlist would be a cool idea. Marked for Death, Livefire, CTF Nitro, Attrition, etc. on DLC maps only.

That Relic remake made me crave some classic Titanfall, so I went back to Titanfall 1 today and holy shit did I forget how fun it was. Wall running feels so smooth and the slightly slower kill times feel much better. It was also nice not having to worry about Pilot-Sentries, Wall Hacks, and some of the other bullshit additions, and having an anti-Titan weapon by default incase the enemy team gets stacked with Titans, however the old rodeo system helps counter that as well; the old health and shield system made sure the odds weren't too in favor of pilots. But above all else the map design is so so good, a lot of the maps have many complex lanes and routes that allow for some fantastic gameplay that I feel Titanfall 2 is sorely missing. I did, however, really miss the sliding feature, the variety of weapons, and my sweet yet spicy pal Scorch.

I still love Titanfall 2, but Respawn can definitely draw upon their first game a bit more for Titanfall 3 or future Titanfall 2 content. Would love to see more complex map designs and a bit more balanced gunplay. Oh, and also it was really nice to be away from that broken melee.

Oh, I forgot to mention the art style. It's hard to put my finger on how to explain this, but something about Titanfall 1's art style is a lot cooler to me than 2's. Pilot and Titan designs are more appealing, and it's also nice not seeing big pink mechs flying around the map. Maybe it's because it looks more grounded and militaristic; some of Titanfall 2's designs strike me as goofy or just a bit off.

When did they add Titan Brawl? I fucking loved TF1, have been meh as fuck on TF2 MP. I think I checked in for a few matches with The Colony update then never came back. Fired it up tonight after updating earlier today... Titan Brawl is legit. Like, almost TF1 LTS levels good. And the 2nd map was Relic.. so awesome. Third map we got demolished by a group of people pubstomping but it happens I guess. Will definitely play more so long as they keep that mode in. I see it says limited time mode... they'd be fucking bonkers to remove it.

Not sure if this is a known bug, but Scorch's flame shield loses the shield animation after he gets hit with an energy siphon from Monarch. Shield is still up though, but you can see clearly in front of you. I'll try to get a video when I can.

Not sure if this is a known bug, but Scorch's flame shield loses the shield animation after he gets hit with an energy siphon from Monarch. Shield is still up though, but you can see clearly in front of you. I'll try to get a video when I can.

Not just with Monarch. It happens with Ronin's Arc Wave and I believe Arc grenades as well.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Tried Monarch last night, and man, she is a blast!

I haven't felt this "in touch" with a newly released character for a while.
Her kit brings some really interesting variety to the roster, and she feels beefy and fun to play as.

It only took a few games of Titan Brawl (which is a fantastic mode, btw) for me to feel like I understood her, at least on a fundamental level.
Here's a highlight of a match where I came top and managed to get her upgrade core to lvl 3 for the first time.

Sorry Northstar-chan, but we're on a break for now.

Tried Monarch last night, and man, she is a blast!

I haven't felt this "in touch" with a newly released character for a while.
Her kit brings some really interesting variety to the roster, and she feels beefy and fun to play as.

It only took a few games of Titan Brawl (which is a fantastic mode, btw) for me to feel like I understood her, at least on a fundamental level.
Here's a highlight of a match where I came top and managed to get her upgrade core to lvl 3 for the first time.

Sorry Northstar-chan, but we're on a break for now.

Nice

Here's a small clip with my lvl 3 Monarch vs an Ion :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A39OJBoqGsU

I have a longer video that I may upload tonight showing how difficult a Monarch can be once the snowball effect begins :D

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Monarch is a masterpiece from a pure game design perspective. Now Respawn apply this kind of design prowess to future content please!

They've set the bar pretty high! Can't wait to see what else is in store.

Nice

Here's a small clip with my lvl 3 Monarch vs an Ion :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A39OJBoqGsU

I have a longer video that I may upload tonight showing how difficult a Monarch can be once the snowball effect begins :D

That Ion wasn't having any of it, haha. Looking forward to your snowball clip.

Alx

I tried a few games with Monarch, I mostly liked what I saw. I haven't managed to go past the first upgrade, but I need to use the shield drain more.
The default machine gun lacks some punch though, and it's hard to pinpoint pilots and grunts with it, unlike the equivalent weapon in TF1 which was a great pilot killer. But I guess it's for balance, since it's very effective against titans and reapers.

I'm still trying to get a hang of Monarch too. Yeah, I have a hard time getting pilot kills with the XO so I've found that the salvo rockets are more effective against them, oddly enough. Have only been able to reach Upgrade 3 a handful of times. I keep forgetting to use the rearm ability.

What's everybody's loadout for her? Right now, I have arc rounds, rearm and reload, and superior chassis, with shield amplifier and overcore as the kits.

Arc rounds, rearm and reload, superior chassis, over core and rapid rearm. Suits my playstyle, but I'll experiment more later today.

Top Bottom