• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Anyone notice that if Monarch has max shield already, using Energy Siphon and or your core won't give you a small boost to your health like what batteries do?

It is probably the bread and butter loadout for Monarch. I personally would use energy thief for faster cores.

I use that, only with the XO-16 Accelerator upgrade, you shred through almost everything so quickly that you can get an extra core for shields with a single clip in most titan fights

Anyone notice that if Monarch has max shield already, using Energy Siphon and or your core won't give you a small boost to your health like what batteries do?

Superior Chassis gives a health boost but once you're topped out it's just shields.

Isn't it nice to have a Titan with customisation?

Still yet to play but I'll do it tonight.

More depth than customization. Would like to see the quad rocket and arc cannon return along with new ordnances

JaMarco

PvP
Alternator

Disgusting, JaMarco.
giphy.gif

2-3 days between this and last season IIRC. They may feel better about where they are now so less time between seasons making changes on modes/characters.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Welp
Monarch's one and only defense ability is getting nerfed. Figured this was intentional considering it has nothing else for defense.

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/6eo26z/using_overcore_gives_monarch_2_smokes_every_core/

Ah, interesting. I'm okay with that. Didn't really understand why I sometimes had 3 smokes.

With Monarch, I like to rock:
Energy Thief - dat execution
Turbo Engine - play keep away and chase down for the execution
Energy Transfer - although sad that doing this doesn't build core
Maelstrom - again, good for playing keep away when they get the doomed hunger
Superior Chassis - long live the queen

GGs Arramis and Shem

I was trying out a tanky healer those last couple of matches. Not having Arc rounds is tough when going up against Tone, Ion, Legion, or Scorch. Feel so helpless.

so babies,

got it <3

~~

I'm tied up in OW Placements. Another time... another time

Pretty sure I'll be on during the weekend. Just holler.

Arrrammis

GGs Arramis and Shem

I was trying out a tanky healer those last couple of matches. Not having Arc rounds is tough when going up against Tone, Ion, Legion, or Scorch. Feel so helpless.

Yeah, I really wish that there would have been some more support utility for Monarch. But it's hard to know how that could work and be balanced with other titans. Maybe let Monarch slowly regen health when he's connected to another titan, but take half of the damage that the connected titan takes (and then the connected titan only takes half damage)? A lot of the changes that I can think of would completely change Monarch and/or mechanics of the game.

JaMarco

I wish there was some kind of notification telling you can regen. I waste so much experience not realizing i can regen until I back out of search.

Anybody else take a long layoff from this game? I just played my first game in 3 months and felt completely lost. It didn't help that the map was Relic, which was my first time playing it. But that was probably the least of my problems. I found it incredibly hard to aim and move. I could still technically slide hop, but everything was moving too fast for me(my FOV is 100). The lay off has killed my ability to keep up with the fast pace of this game.

I've taken months off during my SF4 days plenty of times. Everytime I went back it felt kind of weird but I never felt as out of place as I did in the game I played last night. I felt a bit overwhelmed and decided to stop after just one game since I didn't want to commit a few hours to adjust to the pace of the game again. I'll try again another night.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anybody else take a long layoff from this game? I just played my first game in 3 months and felt completely lost. It didn't help that the map was Relic, which was my first time playing it. But that was probably the least of my problems. I found it incredibly hard to aim and move. I could still technically slide hop, but everything was moving too fast for me(my FOV is 100). The lay off has killed my ability to keep up with the fast pace of this game.

I've taken months off during my SF4 days plenty of times. Everytime I went back it felt kind of weird but I never felt as out of place as I did in the game I played last night. I felt a bit overwhelmed and decided to stop after just one game since I didn't want to commit a few hours to adjust to the pace of the game again. I'll try again another night.
I assume the people playing now are the hardcores, so the game is technically more difficult now than it was 3 months ago.
It's why I just want co-op to come soon. lol

Arrrammis

This is one of the games where I only play when friends are online, so I end up taking breaks for a while if no one is around. It's possible to play solo, but it feels like 80% of my matches come down to me (and sometimes one other player on the team) hard carrying the rest of the team to victory or being steamrolled by a 5 or 6 person group. It gets a little tiring, and even just having one friendly person to chat and coordinate silly strategies with makes it way more fun.

Plus, I can't remember the last time we joined a match in progress when I'm grouped up with other players, as opposed to 1/3 of all matches I play solo.

The details of the incoming "major balancing changes" that Respawn will experiment with a featured mode (Head's up: I was totally wrong with my first assessment of it). Also, general updates to the weapon stat table

First things first: after more digging, it seems that for some reason the low_ttk setting I found is actually going to be to raise the TTK. I feel silly for taking it at face value, given Respawn's constantly confusing and changing internal naming (What has Ion got to do with sticky bombs?), but now I know better and now we all know better.

Anyways,
Rebalanced stat overviews: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...0Dv5FJ1HSv7JsPEdcfQpoELRkg/edit#gid=508083558
Rebalanced HTK/TTK table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...0Dv5FJ1HSv7JsPEdcfQpoELRkg/edit#gid=774521252

Also, since I sorta needed the current weapon stats to compare to, I went through each weapon and completely updated each section of the table because I've been neglecting it for like 3 months or something; it's now completely up to date. I also made some minor formatting improvements for better clarity, separating the Devotions high and low RPM stats in the HTK/TTK charts, distinguishing Charge Hack as a separate stat list for the Charge Rifle, and giving suppressed pistols their own category. Any other suggestions, throw them my way, but know that I'm already putting together a table for tacticals, kits, and passives, as well was the "tactical_rebalance" setting that accompanied the low_ttk setting.

One final note, a developer comment mentions the potential need to rebalance suppressors (right now suppressers are just completely removed when the mode is active) "if low_ttk changes feel good", which suggests that this rebalance could potentially become set in stone if it's well received. So have your thinking caps on and make some opinions as you go over the numbers and when we try the mode out, because Respawn will be listening for thoughts.

Nothing on balancing aim assist or hip fire accuracy...

Izuna

Banned

Not even this update is making me excited enough to come back that I just don't play something else or watch Netflix.

---

But a major balance update? I'll be around to try that out. Because thaat's what this game needs.

Even if they are going to address aim assist, it is probably not something that can be reflected in pure game data. Also hip fire is definitely something that does not need changing.

Downing people with SMGs from mid to long-ish ranges while hip firing should not be a thing lol I dont mind them keeping their values close range but I have issue when they begin overlapping with ARs while, again, hip firing.

Downing people with SMGs from mid to long-ish ranges while hip firing should not be a thing lol I dont mind them keeping their values close range but I have issue when they begin overlapping with ARs while, again, hip firing.

Only if the target is basically stationary, and you get a drop on him first. In a 1v1 gunfight SMGs mostly lose to ARs unless there is a skill gap between the two. The only outlier is R97 but we all know it is broken even after the nerf, and it is mostly a damage drop off issue. It is very hard to out DPS ARs with Alternator (mid-long range tap fire is not that easy to do), CAR (worse ADS accuracy, first 3-4 shots kick a lot) and Volt (steep damage drop off). SMGs are designed to be accurately hip fired and encourage movement, if you nerf that, there is no point in using them ever. On consoles the meta is already dominated by ARs, there is no need to change SMGs other than reducing R97 long range damage.

SMZC

Has Glitch been taken out of the Attrition map rotation again? I haven't managed to play in it once since the patch.

Only if the target is basically stationary, and you get a drop on him first. In a 1v1 gunfight SMGs mostly lose to ARs unless there is a skill gap between the two. The only outlier is R97 but we all know it is broken even after the nerf, and it is mostly a damage drop off issue. It is very hard to out DPS ARs with Alternator (mid-long range tap fire is not that easy to do), CAR (worse ADS accuracy, first 3-4 shots kick a lot) and Volt (steep damage drop off). SMGs are designed to be accurately hip fired and encourage movement, if you nerf that, there is no point in using them ever. On consoles the meta is already dominated by ARs, there is no need to change SMGs other than reducing R97 long range damage.

We're playing two different games it seems

Has Glitch been taken out of the Attrition map rotation again? I haven't managed to play in it once since the patch.

Ah, yes! The mythical Glitch! I had a dream it was real at one point.

We're playing two different games it seems

There is no reason for a AR user to lose a mid-long range engagement against a equally skilled SMG player, period.

There is nothing wrong in SMGs excel in close-mid range high mobility hip fire. Even Alternator prodigies like Gamesager isn't going to tap fire and win against equally good R201s and G2s at long range. Granted I haven't followed him for months but I would be surprised to be proven wrong (but he dominates anyone with any weapon anyway).

Top Bottom