• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Arrrammis

Sounds like the High TTK mode is starting to roll out. Looks to include other balance changes notably one charge Phase Shift?

Yup, in addition to that and increased health there's also no boosts (no amped weapons, turrets, etc.)!

EPG is still a one-shot kill tho :p

Can confirm that it's up

Time to pick Titanfall 2 back up for this mode, though that won't stop me from being kicked in the face

Oh god
those awful, awful modes.

Yup, in addition to that and increased health there's also no boosts (no amped weapons, turrets, etc.)!

EPG is still a one-shot kill tho :p

Nice
Yeah, the projectile based weapons shouldn't really change. They at least require some effort unlike all the hitscan weapons.

Im jumping on to give the mode a spin.

Increased TTK is good.

Retard matchmaking remains.

Impossible to measure positive impact of ttk over small sample size of matches.

Is a game with short ttk and boosts where your teammates have the baseline intelligence greater than that of a farm animal truely better than the new ttk with no boost while paired with players that need help wiping their own ass? Who knows.

I maintain that skill-based matchmaking on par with what players could get as far back as 2004 helps this game far more than any balance change. Until then, the enjoyment of any match will always be determined by the luck of the draw as far as teammates.

I'm glad I'm not melting from CARs and Alternators from across the map anymore, though I'm not glad that the melee is still ridiculous

Yeah, melee is still broke as hell. Fix that, make the high TTK standard, and TF2 is where it should be (excusing bad maps). Also aim assist still needs addressing. Also auto mantle.

Got another cheater that needs to catch a ban:

https://gfycat.com/CarefulGenerousArcticduck

"developert2" Ironic name that.

It was on this day, that I disable text chat in HUD options:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
The reddit duo kept on spamming hard R's and Ree everytime they killed or got killed

Those point blank melee wiffs and "confirmed" commando lunges that give you the sound, only to not get the kill are so infuriating

Edit: Pilots Vs Pilots doesn't seem to be a great mode for High TTK since everything's a clusterfuck already

Just finished the campaign - it was great.
I also played a match in mp and it seems like a clusterfuck. I had fun, but it's chaotic as hell.

C'mon, man.

This could be Respawn testing the gameplay without boosts. I doubt this would be pushed outside of this mode.

Fair enough.

Honestly I have yet to experience any scenario where I feel 'you know what, thank god I dont have recharging shields', in any mode, let alone one wherevpilots are tougher to kill.

Why does Bounty Hunt need to be the objective mode with the lowest skill floor, yet contain the biggest amount of players that won't bother with said objective?

Respawn really needs to do something about high ping servers and players. There were a couple of matches where I just couldnt hit people who were skipping around due to lag. And other matches where I was dying well behind cover (no skipping but >100 ping)

Anyone have gameplay of high ttk

Its the same gameplay but you need to hit all your shots for the most part :p Theres this little dance that happens if neither can kill each other with one magazine lol

Yo ggs Arra, shem, and Ody. I can't use the kraber to save my life, but the high TTK mode is good. Not a fan of the lack of boosts though.

GG's guys, it was fun doing some meme games (everyone using kraber for those MLG montages)

GGs!

Yeah, agreed about the high ping. Not sure what data center Arrammis is on, but I'm usually 29 to 30 ms anywhere in the US.

Also, if I didn't know about the high TTK, I probably wouldn't have noticed. It was very subtle, but surviving gun fights was a pleasant change. It makes sense that they're lowering the number of phase shifts to 1 because it would be the best tactical when you have to reload in a pinch.

asariN7

Just finished the campaign and its my second favourite after cod 4.The level design and the relationship between you and BT is well done.
Dont know why but I could not get into mp even though I like code mp.

Arrrammis

Yeah, agreed about the high ping. Not sure what data center Arrammis is on, but I'm usually 29 to 30 ms anywhere in the US.

Also, if I didn't know about the high TTK, I probably wouldn't have noticed. It was very subtle, but surviving gun fights was a pleasant change. It makes sense that they're lowering the number of phase shifts to 1 because it would be the best tactical when you have to reload in a pinch.

Last night I was on the Dallas datacenter, it really seems like that's the only data center in the USA that's not on the extreme east or west coast. For future reference if anyone playing with me is having terrible lag, let me know and I'd be fine with trying a different data center.

I agree on the TTK, I didn't notice it directly that much, but everything felt crazier because I could actually survive past the initial two seconds of a firefight and keep flying around.

Last night I was on the Dallas datacenter, it really seems like that's the only data center in the USA that's not on the extreme east or west coast. For future reference if anyone playing with me is having terrible lag, let me know and I'd be fine with trying a different data center.

I agree on the TTK, I didn't notice it directly that much, but everything felt crazier because I could actually survive past the initial two seconds of a firefight and keep flying around.

I don't think it's just the datacenter you used though. I typically play on the St. Louis one (29ms on the main menu), but I would connect to games where the in-game ping would bounce up to 65 and sometimes all the way to 120.

hwiIOrY.jpg

Respawn,
I love the High TTK but hate the modes that are in the playlist. So I won't be playing it if Im not in a group. Just know there are people that are FOR it but would rather not suffer through terrible modes alone.

Izuna

Banned
If high ttk playlist has PvP and other shit, that's a great way for me to not bother turning on my Xbox

You used to make new maps etc. Attrition only. Why the fuck not anymore? I have still never played on Glitch besides on CTF on PC

I like the high TTK from a pilot-vs-pilot standpoint (not the mode, just the engagements).

However, it only makes it clearer that the melee needs a massive fix. Nothing ruins the fun for the 'dance' - where players are bouncing back and forth, evading each others shots while trying to land their own - worse than a homing melee lunge from 10 feet away.

I'd also add a shield to every newly spawned Titan. Even if they're not the recharging variety.

Boosts are neither here nor there for me. If they're gone, fine, if they're brought back, fine.

Izuna

Banned
Not a fan of this mode, I prefer my Titanfall to be crazy and fast.

I haven't played, but it depends on how it is done. R1 had similar TTK but it felt higher for a myriad of reasons. If they simply increase the health, it depends.

I want to play and post impressions but I not interested in a playlist with garbage modes.

I do wonder if High TTK will be a mode or be in all modes. I can't imagine it's particularly balanced for CTF.

Ugh, the ping is so annoying. Jumps between 65 and 83 on a regular basis, add in lagging players, and it's possible to land shots.

When the game first came out, I remember the performance being so good. What happened?

Top Bottom