• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
Estimated wait time for FD on Insane - 11 minutes

If anyone is Insane ready on PS4 please holler

Difficulty lock is why I stopped playing unfortunately

I am very happy with the game but ;( fuck it at this rate, you know?

It's a grind to play on lower difficulties and I can't solo anything.

Difficulty lock is why I stopped playing unfortunately

I am very happy with the game but ;( fuck it at this rate, you know?

It's a grind to play on lower difficulties and I can't solo anything.

I matched into a full group after waiting 15 minutes and one dumb fuck bails before the first wave. WTF?

forgot to mention I got like 10 advocate gifts after failing Insane

there people on Insane that have no business being there

rulerk1

just played my first round of FD. I was going in for the most part and only died to random stuff like Nuclear blasts and ticks. Pretty fun but not sure what my two teammates were doing. One tried to 1 v 13 and lost his titan instantly and another one was doing sniper stuff i guess cause he was in the back.....just incompetence all around. Still had fun!

Respawn, give me the power to ban people. I swear I wont go crazy with it. I keep running into the same idiots and I want them gone.

Izuna

Banned
So they don't have private games, or adjusting difficulty? I can't play this outside of a GAF session or something and even then, I am too low level ;(

I spent a couple of hours playing only FD. Weird.

Unlocked Monarch's last upgrade and now I just need a group for Insane difficulty. I really want the Insane arm plate.

Can't believe how shitty some people are in FD. Even on easy I had 2 incompetent pilots on Rise, completely ignoring the flying drones, putting turrets in the middle of lanes, and letting numerous nuke Titans by. Somehow made it with 20% harvester left.

My back ached....

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about an hour into the campaign thanks to Origin Access and damn, the game plays really well and it's running great, mostly around 90fps on high settings, going as high as 144fps in certain areas (and fuck me does it feel great when it does). Last week I played CoD: IW during the free weekend and it felt like shit compared to this, CoD really needs a new engine because this looks and feels so much better. I'm actually interested in testing the MP now, which I'll do once I finish the campaign.

EDIT: GPU overclock wasn't on, that gave me another 9fps, plus I turned off dynamic spot shadows which I don't even notice for another 10fps boost, now I'm getting 144fps in a lot of indoor areas which is amazing, the engine is optimised so well.

I'm about an hour into the campaign thanks to Origin Access and damn, the game plays really well and it's running great, mostly around 90fps on high settings, going as high as 144fps in certain areas (and fuck me does it feel great when it does). Last week I played CoD: IW during the free weekend and it felt like shit compared to this, CoD really needs a new engine because this looks and feels so much better. I'm actually interested in testing the MP now, which I'll do once I finish the campaign.

EDIT: GPU overclock wasn't on, that gave me another 9fps, plus I turned off dynamic spot shadows which I don't even notice for another 10fps boost, now I'm getting 144fps in a lot of indoor areas which is amazing, the engine is optimised so well.

The source sauce XD.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I don't care if people leave FD but would be nice to have the spots refilled. Also I decided to regenerate and I'm clueless on the level I am. I'm currently G2.9 what level would this make me for unlocking items again?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
3 hours in so about half way and I'm really enjoying it, if it weren't for my damn back pain I'd keep playing because it's so fucking fun. I can't remember the last time I played a game that made me say "holy shit that was cool" out loud as often as this has. I just did the bit where
you could alter time
and it was awesome, loved the mechanic. Plus I just did my first Titan melee execution which was great.

So far no issues at all apart from in the Assembly Line mission, I was getting audio stutter for some reason which was highly annoying. Everywhere else has been perfect thus far.

There should be a blacklist to place idiots in. The amount of people quitting is fucking absurd.

I was playing FD on Easy and people still quit, they don't bother retrying :(

Eh, Ive had to quit a few times but just because a complete match of FD takes a while and I have other responsibilities.

Nobody should be rage quitting FD on Easy, its really easy ranking and unlocks
Except for Wargames, fuck that map.

Alx

It's funny I haven't met many teabaggers on European servers. Unless you count "dancing titans" at the end of a match, but that's quite different.
I remember one guy some time ago who tried to do it, it was fun sniping him mid-squat when he was trying to humiliate a dead teammate of mine. :p I guess TF isn't the right game to do that, since as soon as you shoot at someone you have everybody converging towards the source of the noise. Better not stay there for too long.

E92 M3

It blows my mind how many people go out of their way to teabag.

Well, if it affects you enough to write about it then it's a valid psychological tool. It's a meaningless in-game action, but some people get so offended. I'll do it if I knew my opponent would start raging.

Personally, I think it's hilarious, but I've been playing Halo since day 1.

I don't care if people leave FD but would be nice to have the spots refilled. Also I decided to regenerate and I'm clueless on the level I am. I'm currently G2.9 what level would this make me for unlocking items again?
They do get refilled tho, and level 9.

Arrrammis

Using piercing shot on Northstar makes Rise FD feel like easy mode. As long as they don't have a tone/legion shield up, I'm critting 3+ titans with every shot! It feels so good.

I'll add to the teabagging confusion. I really didn't know people still did that. I played Destiny and Overwatch a ton and it rarely ever happened.
It's just weird because it's so...dated. Gaming/online stuff usually goes by really fast. Everything is a fad online. I'm surprised this lasted this long.

Ralemont

not me
I'll add to the teabagging confusion. I really didn't know people still did that. I played Destiny and Overwatch a ton and it rarely ever happened.
It's just weird because it's so...dated. Gaming/online stuff usually goes by really fast. Everything is a fad online. I'm surprised this lasted this long.

It's lasted because it still makes people angry and indignant. Count me in the "teabagging is funny" camp. I don't do it because I'm lazy, but I'll always find the situation funny.

Arrrammis

qCpTAHM.jpg

Gaf plz halp

Tawpgun

Just saw all the Aegis rank upgrades.

Dunno about the titan balance but I would love an LTS with fully upgraded titans.

Izuna

Banned
:( sorry about that guys, connection decided to poop out 2000 ping etc.

I'll spend the rest of the night trying to troubleshoot, otherwise I'll play another time :D

No problem

Arramis, my mic was on mute so you didn't hear me say "later" :p My bad lol

On the last try on War Games we just had too many people on one side and pushed too far up. Those Scorches dropped behind everyone and they walked right in. We need to split up next time.

Izuna

Banned
I think it's wifi channel congestion, the way it is set up, everything is on Channel 11 here ;(

I'll see if turning off the PS4 Wifi will help. Will you guys be on tonight still?

I think it's wifi channel congestion, the way it is set up, everything is on Channel 11 here ;(

I'll see if turning off the PS4 Wifi will help. Will you guys be on tonight still?

Have an android device? If so, look up Wifi Analyzer by farproc in the Google Play Store. It'll scan wireless signals and display them in a nifty graph with the channel they're on.

Im currently searching for Insane games :p

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I finished the campaign and loved it, a very enjoyable experience from start to finish and completely worth the £3.99 fee for Origin Access.

I'm now level 7 in MP and it's OK, TF2 is very similar to BF1 in the sense that I love the gunplay but I could live without the vehicles. I do very well on foot as it just feels like I'm playing CoD which I'm good at, but I never feel like I'm making a big impact as a Titan, I guess that'll just come with time. I'm currently just using the bog standard AR and levelling that up, you seem to be at quite a big disadvantage as a new player so I'm just focusing on one gun right now to unlock all the mod slots. I thought the community would be a problem but it's 1am and I'm finding games in under a minute which is nice.

A couple of questions, what happens if you die after calling in your Titan? Can people steal it? Can you get squished by your own Titan coming down? Is there anything I should spend my tokens on now that unlocks late that I'll be using? I'm mostly a run and gun rusher type with AR or SMG, so anything that keeps me off the radar, makes me quiet or lets me ADS fast is always good (I actually just got that one), I couldn't seem to find a way to use a silencer so I guess that's not a thing? And if you have any other Titanfall 2 specific tips that would be good. Oh and what is happy hour?

Izuna

Banned
Have an android device? If so, look up Wifi Analyzer by farproc in the Google Play Store. It'll scan wireless signals and display them in a nifty graph with the channel they're on.

Im currently searching for Insane games :p

Already used an analyzer with my CISCO Uni stupid af software

anyway, yeah, channel 11 is congested af.

Gunna message the landlord and be like "bruh"

He has multiple APs that extend from a typical BT Home Hub so it's not the best, but it could be better than it is.

I shouldn't be fighting to join the closest AP (which is what caused those freezes in my connection)

Top Bottom