• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Arrrammis

I finished the campaign and loved it, a very enjoyable experience from start to finish and completely worth the £3.99 fee for Origin Access.

I'm now level 7 in MP and it's OK, TF2 is very similar to BF1 in the sense that I love the gunplay but I could live without the vehicles. I do very well on foot as it just feels like I'm playing CoD which I'm good at, but I never feel like I'm making a big impact as a Titan, I guess that'll just come with time. I'm currently just using the bog standard AR and levelling that up, you seem to be at quite a big disadvantage as a new player so I'm just focusing on one gun right now to unlock all the mod slots. I thought the community would be a problem but it's 1am and I'm finding games in under a minute which is nice.

A couple of questions, what happens if you die after calling in your Titan? Can people steal it? Can you get squished by your own Titan coming down? Is there anything I should spend my tokens on now that unlocks late that I'll be using? I'm mostly a run and gun rusher type with AR or SMG, so anything that keeps me off the radar, makes me quiet or lets me ADS fast is always good (I actually just got that one), I couldn't seem to find a way to use a silencer so I guess that's not a thing? And if you have any other Titanfall 2 specific tips that would be good. Oh and what is happy hour?

- If you die after calling in your titan, your titan will basically sit there on auto pilot until you respawn, and then it will try to come to you.
- The only person who can pilot your titan is you, no allies or enemies can take it
- Nope, dropping your titan on yourself or your teammates does no damage to you/them. It does instantly kill most enemies that it lands on though!
- Not really, there's a few pilot kits that are really good (silent rodeo seem like it would fit you, it makes you silent while you're rodeoing an enemy titan, and it also removes your jump jet trails), you could probably just try out different things as you level up. There's also a silencer attachment for all pistols, but I don't thing you can buy that with credits.
- Generally running boots on the ground isn't how a lot of the maps are designed, wall running and sliding gets you moving really fast once you get the hang of it. Also, SMG's have the same spread while ADSing as hip firing, so if you're using one of those there's not much reason to ADS at all.
- If you finish a match during Happy Hour, you get an extra 5 credits once per day

ugh pilots v pilots has been a laggy mess tonight

also i've gotten complex at least once a session since re-installing it last week and have yet to play on several maps since the re-install

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Having a blast on FD right now with my group of 3 friends. We've got Regular on lock at this point, so we've pretty much moved on to Hard.

The one thing that's been pissing me off is that for some reason, our group gets Wargames like, 98% of the time. It's starting to really get annoying. In fact, I'm pretty sure we've only gotten Blackwater Canal once in the last 4 days.

Double XP this past weekend was a real boon. I'm already almost G3, and I hit G2 over the weekend!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well I really love PVP without the Titans and NPCs, I feel completely at home as a long time CoD player. Only complaints would be the TTK feels a hair too short, and 1HK melee is as awful as ever. I just hit level 11 and my rifle has 2/3 mods but it seems I need to "regenerate" for the 3rd one, which I assume means prestige, at what level can I do so? If this had been CoD: IW I would have been much happier because that shit is well, shit. I will be playing this a lot until my month runs out I feel, it's a shame it didn't do better because it's really quite good.

Well I really love PVP without the Titans and NPCs, I feel completely at home as a long time CoD player. Only complaints would be the TTK feels a hair too short, and 1HK melee is as awful as ever. I just hit level 11 and my rifle has 2/3 mods but it seems I need to "regenerate" for the 3rd one, which I assume means prestige, at what level can I do so? If this had been CoD: IW I would have been much happier because that shit is well, shit. I will be playing this a lot until my month runs out I feel, it's a shame it didn't do better because it's really quite good.
Yep, been playing since the beta and agree with the ttk and melee lol.

And the third attachment slot is just aesthetic, it's just a small screen that shows your kill count with the weapon.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, been playing since the beta and agree with the ttk and melee lol.

And the third attachment slot is just aesthetic, it's just a small screen that shows your kill count with the weapon.

Oh, I thought it was another mod. I couldn't care less about that then, I won't prestige and instead opt to just level up all the guns I like.

Oh, I thought it was another mod. I couldn't care less about that then, I won't prestige and instead opt to just level up all the guns I like.

Keep in mind Regen'ing is a bit different from going prestige (I haven't played the last few cods, so perhaps the context may now be different). You keep anything you have previously bought with credits, while progress made on weapons and titans locked in level progression are kept, not reset.

Also guns and titans automatically Regenerate after surpassing max level. Once again, you will not loss attachments/kits on said item when it Regen's.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I still haven't used any of my credits, think I have around 100. I'm going to wait until I've tried everything before unlocking anything using them. I've only really had a chance to try a few of the guns. But if I have enough credits to unlock a full loadout by max level then I will prestige.

I still haven't used any of my credits, think I have around 100. I'm going to wait until I've tried everything before unlocking anything using them. I've only really had a chance to try a few of the guns. But if I have enough credits to unlock a full loadout by max level then I will prestige.

I don't remember the exact number but you'll probably end up with about 500 credits give or take by the time you can Regen (since it's 10 merits per level after the first few level and 1 merit = 1 credit if I recall).

That'll be good for a couple weapons, 1-2 kits/tactical, or a smattering of other things. Thus, really try out all the different Titans, kits, grenades, and weapons to get a feel for what you might need to be the most competitive after a Regen.

My first thing was unlocking the Low Profile pilot kit, since its a later level unlock and I rodeo a bunch.

Yeah I bought low profile, battery boost and then just my favorite weapons (with a preference for ones unlocked at later levels). Almost at Gen 3 now.

Really my only problem with the regeneration system is you don't get bonus credits when you hit a level you've already unlocked something.

Cooper is made out of goddamn wet paper on Master, it's weird because the Titan segments (so far) are really easy but you can get one shotted as a pilot so easily. At least the enemies don't seem spongey so far.

Bring it on

unknown.png

Edit: And you seem a bit cocky, pilot yiwll?

Tone feels painfully ineffective at FD. Does he get better with Aegis Rank?

This is coming from a Legion main where taking on multiple Titans is hilariously easy.

Having fun playing as scortch, never thought I'd be saying that. It's really useful on some maps with cramped areas but useless out in the open. Crash is perfect for it. I am getting destroyed by ronin though they are just too quick

Having fun playing as scortch, never thought I'd be saying that. It's really useful on some maps with cramped areas but useless out in the open. Crash is perfect for it. I am getting destroyed by ronin though they are just too quick

Scorch on Crash is brutal because of the choke points. During a LTS match I've literally got stuck in the cave on the back end of the map with a Scorch on one end and a Ronin on the other. Fun times....

Seriously, respawn, fix the lag. It's been weeks now.

I just want to play one smooth fucking match where the game isn't skipping and the movement is actually smooth.

This is fucking annoying,

Also, why is every FD match on Rise now! I've played 5 matches, all rise!

slyfox

Higher TTK would be welcomed. I might be in the minority but I enjoyed Titanfall 1 a lot more. The movement, simplicity and maps made it easy to pick up and play. I had the best gun from the start in the R201 and never had to change my loadout everytime an update rolled out. If you can't bunny hop in TF2 traversing in the game is clunky compared to TF1.

So does anyone else think Frontier Defense on War Games is harder than the other maps no matter the difficulty? Even on regular it feels like sometimes my team just gets stomped, can't imagine it on hard and above.

Arrrammis

what exactly will i get if i regenerate my soldier?

All of your equipment unlocks (except what you bought with credits) will be reset, except for weapon mods (scopes, camos, etc.), camos, patches, and banners. After you regenerate you can keep leveling to unlock more skins, patches, banners, etc.

So how are the combat and support scores calculated in FD? I'm currently grinding Monarch, and I'm finding that I'm always in 3rd or last place even when I feel like I'm doing well, including games where I have the most titan kills.

I've been looking at some of the concept art of TF2 and man, I really hope the universe gets expanded more in the next game. Some of this art gave me some Bungie Halo vibes (with a hint of Star Wars) and I absolutely love it.

Top Bottom