• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
That's generous, but I don't own a Xbox, sorry :(
There's gift cards for PSN tho ;p
jk

I will try it later, I could use my Xbox one Controller for a session or two... :]

and when you do, you'll play me

always offer something you know they will refuse, it makes you seem kind without actually having to give anything away

I hate that the charge rifle reticule charges red as it preps to fire.

After years and years of Halo, Im conditioned to see red reticules as 'on target'. The number of shots Ive whiffed on because I unconsciously interpreted a charged shot as also on target is ridiculous.

I should just start using the damn MGL

Overwatch doesn't have too many hitscan weapons either, nor does Battlefield (outside of snipers). I know people move faster in this game, but most pilots are stationary when they fire anyways.

Battlefield and Overwatch are far, far slower games. Overwatch also has an incredible amount of characters that don't even need to aim in order to be played effectively. (Winston, Symettra, Reinheart, Mercy, Lucio etc.). Almost all of the accuracy dependent characters use hitscans (Tracer, Soldier, McCree, Widow) and there's a significant portion of the meta surrounding having a hitscan character on your team, it's considered an essential counter for high mobility characters like Pharah and Tracer.

As far as netcode goes I doubt it's why we don't have hitscans. Everyone in a lobby can use the L-Star and yet it doesn't break the game. Respawn could have clearly made every weapon a hitscan if they wanted to.

KiDdYoNe

I've finally managed to get the game since that free weekend. It was 13 bucks for the new copy actually, local promotion in Russia.

I'd love a constant party or something like that. I'm on PSN and can play plus-minus 3-4 hours from this post.

I am already installing/patching the game so if anyone would like to play now or just some day, send me an invite.

PSN: KiD_rus

Danny Gardner's colony redesign looked interesting.

q446kKz.jpg

There's a bunch of other great work out there. Still looking for more level design stuff.

More stuff from Gardner:

yyVZpwJ.jpg

8gH48hm.jpg

cZWJsrk.jpg

Same could be done by raising TTK and tickrate.

Yes, I do hope Respawns nerfs the hell out of alternator, volt, r97, car. The SMGs are way too good, esp at range. Actually all the autos should be nerfed a bit. And lets not even talk about the Devotion.

deoee

deoee and his friend putting me to shame

Will add to my list of clips in case I make a start on that new montage :)

But you were out of your comfort zone (on PC :( )

Still waiting for that Tf2 PS4 gift from you :(

You can make a montage out of this stream alone!

Vipu

Banned
Phase shift is so bad compared to what it could be if we had proper tickrate.
Now you have to use it instantly when you see someone to not die, if we had like 60tick at least you could shoot few shots and then phase before you get shot and die.
If you try to do that, you shoot few shots, you get 1-2 hits while you used phase, you enter phase and die anyway.

Top Bottom