• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

traveler

Not Wario
Finished the campaign for this yesterday and got in a few mp games. As someone not particularly fond of the direction MW took console shooters in and not super impressed by TF1, I was super surprised by the campaign. The Galaxy/Platinum games comparisons are actually legit. I loved Doom earlier this year, but this is easily the best fps campaign I've played since HL2:Ep. 2 ages ago. Enjoying the mp too, fast ttk and ads aside. The insane mobility just brings so much to the table that I'm willing to overlook that direction.

Any tips for newbies? Heard good things about the Hemlock, so working my way up to that. Trying out each of the titans. Enjoyed scorch a lot, but the lack of a dash really hurts as a new player. Will probably go back to ion till I unlock tone.

Population numbers have been dwindling pretty drama tically since the Christmas surge.

This is a predictable and understandable result of shit balance and embarrassingly poor matchmaking.

Arrrammis

Finished the campaign for this yesterday and got in a few mp games. As someone not particularly fond of the direction MW took console shooters in and not super impressed by TF1, I was super surprised by the campaign. The Galaxy/Platinum games comparisons are actually legit. I loved Doom earlier this year, but this is easily the best fps campaign I've played since HL2:Ep. 2 ages ago. Enjoying the mp too, fast ttk and ads aside. The insane mobility just brings so much to the table that I'm willing to overlook that direction.

Any tips for newbies? Heard good things about the Hemlock, so working my way up to that. Trying out each of the titans. Enjoyed scorch a lot, but the lack of a dash really hurts as a new player. Will probably go back to ion till I unlock tone.

For Scorch and legion, try using the dash kit (it gives you a dash and costs 24 credits to unlock). Otherwise, try just exploring the maps, there's a lot of neat flank routes that are hidden, and a lot of players funnel into the same areas for different modes, so knowing where they are gives you a huge advantage. If you're firing a CAR, volt, etc, try hip firing. That way you can keep up your speed, and those weapons have the same spread regardless of hip firing or ADS. If you come across an enemy pilot turret, you can kill it in a single melee hit (but it takes two Titan melees because logic I guess).

SwolBro

Banned
Yes, I do hope Respawns nerfs the hell out of alternator, volt, r97, car. The SMGs are way too good, esp at range. Actually all the autos should be nerfed a bit. And lets not even talk about the Devotion.

calm your tits man. The SMG's are no where near the level of crap that the AR's are. So make sure you preface your posts with "On PC" because if we get another balance patch made for PC on console i'll lose my fucking shit.

Vipu

Banned
calm your tits man. The SMG's are no where near the level of crap that the AR's are. So make sure you preface your posts with "On PC" because if we get another balance patch made for PC on console i'll lose my fucking shit.

Its stupid to balance stuff in both platforms at same time, stuff will be badly unbalanced if stuff is balanced for pc or console.
They should balance for both seperately like OW or I dunno even what else.

Stuff will be always unbalanced unless they balance them seperately.

Arrrammis

Yeah, they really need to implement group v group matchmaking ASAP. Trying to carry a group of randoms against a full team of 6 (all using Tone BTW) in attrition is extremely frustrating. I got my titan 3 times before my first teammate got theirs. ugh.

SwolBro

Banned
PC players are so bad at defending against nuke

i'm scrubbing it up

prime example of separate balance. nuking was such a big thing in Titanfall 1 on pc for some reason. maybe because of how easy it was to nuke slide? it was never an issue on console.

3DShovel

Only issue I really see is that A-Wall needs the base to be shootable from the front of the shield, and turret range needs to be nerfed.

Everything else is just fine.

<3 this game.

Vipu

Banned
Only issue I really see is that A-Wall needs the base to be shootable from the front of the shield, and turret range needs to be nerfed.

Everything else is just fine.

<3 this game.

There is at least 50 things that needs balancing/fixing

Im slowly losing interest because of 20tick.
They better up it or I might find better game.

Right, its just the first week.

We should be receiving another FNN next week, but Im doubtful that will have any meaningful info. A public road map would be nice. If they're worried about promising things then they should make it clear plans can change in case they need the wiggle room.

Greddleok

Phase shift is so bad compared to what it could be if we had proper tickrate.
Now you have to use it instantly when you see someone to not die, if we had like 60tick at least you could shoot few shots and then phase before you get shot and die.
If you try to do that, you shoot few shots, you get 1-2 hits while you used phase, you enter phase and die anyway.

This is why I don't understand when people say it's the best. I escape more often using stim than phase shift.

SwolBro

Banned
Yap, Legion and Tone are so good for killing Pilots :DD

played a group of 5 in ctf and they didn't even get in their titans, left these scorches sitting outside the flag cap spot.

i got killed by a titan 5 fucking times. 5 times. shooting me with laser like precision. i got killed stimming across the map and this thing just picked me off out of thin air.

deoee

played a group of 5 in ctf and they didn't even get in their titans, left these scorches sitting outside the flag cap spot.

i got killed by a titan 5 fucking times. 5 times. shooting me with laser like precision. i got killed stimming across the map and this thing just picked me off out of thin air.

I haven't tried scorch, may be worth it...

glad i waited until i got a ps4 pro before getting this. it looks so clean at 1080p and i don't have the framerate problems i had with the beta on xb1.

Nameless

Titanfall 2 has pretty much ruined other shooters for me with its fluidity and staggering level of control. Games that felt fine a month ago feel...off and/or lacking now. Hopefully this is temporary.

No word from Respawn on some sort of DLC roadmap yet? I'm not really following the news or this thread but I think it's getting a bit poor that they haven't said anything. I get that game development is hard work and there's plenty of things behind the scenes that we can't anticipate obtructing game development however there is little excuse for the lack of transparency. If DLC is coming but they're not sure how long it will take or what content will feature, then tell people that.

This was a year that was utterly abundant of multiplayer shooters however it's also significant that next year is almost absent of them. Look at the release lineup for 2017, there are no big competitive multiplayer shooters launching ahead that are on anyone's radar, therefore it's the perfect opportunity to turn your brand around. The most successful shooter will be the one whose developers can support it as a service. That's what Rainbow Six proved and that's what Titanfall 2 could achieve if the developers clearly express their intentions to support this game.

You forgot Hanzo

I get the joke but it isn't true, Hanzo is one of the most accuracy dependent characters, people were just salty that can hit them in pretty janky ways, but at the end of the day he's using a slow moving projectile and needs a headshot to kill you. If he gets it he deserves it, he's a bad enough character as it is without making it harder to hit people.

But there are other characters I forgot, that's why I said etc. Mei and Torb aren't especially accuracy dependent, and other characters like Reaper and DVA have crosshairs the size of a house. It's harder to miss than it is to land a shot in Overwatch, there are less accuracy dependent characters than there are those that need to aim.

deoee

I can see why you "hate" the game when you only play PvP focused modes.

People are just cheap fuckers

^Hanzo was getting some nerfs yeah, but the hitboxes still are a joke.
Some arrows are just like the 40mm from Tone, aim in the general direction and let it go.

Drewfonse

There is at least 50 things that needs balancing/fixing

Im slowly losing interest because of 20tick.
They better up it or I might find better game.

MP game? Good luck with that.

Titanfall 2 has pretty much ruined other shooters for me with its fluidity and staggering level of control. Games that felt fine a month ago feel...off and/or lacking now. Hopefully this is temporary.

Try playing BF1 after this. All my Nopes.

Menitta

The only shooter I played after Titanfall was Modern Warfare Remastered and I only did the campaign.

I just realized I didn't have the gauntlet achievement on any of the platforms lol. Going to see how my movement fares now.

EDIT: done on all 3, 33 sec feels so easy now lol.

SwolBro

Banned
If by nuke sliding you mean nuke strafe ejecting, then yeah it was pretty broken in TF1
No, that's not what I was talking about at all. I was talking about the ability to move while initiating a nuke. You could dash while still nuking . Essentially you could engage nuke and in the last min dash closer to your opponent . It was crazy stupid with a strider
lmao, that's so cool
you've obviously seen that before right? You knew how to strafe eject in titanfall 1 ?

Izuna

Banned
No need to. One of the boys last night wanted to get this overkill nuke with Northstar but she got destroyed before she got close enough. I just Phase Dashed in. The poor dude's probably kept bumping into each other trying to escape. Satisfying though.

Ronin is the best for Nuke.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
My best game ever
Kj2Njk5.jpg

Top Bottom