• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOKYO GHOUL |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista

Banned
Last episode didnt make sense!

Suddenly
Kaneki changed his mask and became super fast Naruto
WTF :/

Tokyo Ghoul Root A 5

MYMUX6P.jpg
ALL HAIL KANEKIPEDE!!!😮😮😮

The animation, fights, and music were top notch for this episode. Seeing Kaneki's transformaion was so fuckin enjoyable. Though they didn't add much dialogue to show his insanity, but I guess they'll show us later on. Man are Centipedes really vicious.

Seeing Kourna/Nashiro's flashback was nice as it help deepen their characters as they were former CCG students. But damn is Suzuya a complete pyscho, he started cutting them up like they were nothing. The Ayato and Shinohara fight was really tragic as you basically see Ayato fighting his Dad. This actually helped provide depth to Ayato's character. The Amon and Kaneki confrontation was pretty great as you see Amon repaying Kaneki back for not killing him. It also seems Tarata and Hoji have known each other further back. I wonder what their conflict is.

Hot damn is Owl huge, looks like he's out for blood. I wonder if that's Old man Yoshimura. Anyways the music was done really well in this episode. And like always the Ending song with the art was amazing.

Frog-fu

Banned
The One-Eyed Owl King looked so fucking badass. I'm thoroughly impressed by its depiction.

I still recommend everyone to read the manga though.

This season makes no damn sense, they don't explain anything it's just random stuff that just happen. The more episode there is the crazier it gets,.

I think I'm going to drop it. I found the first season way better, it just look like they have no idea what they're doing now.

Also the censorship in this episode was just lazy, it's the first time I can easily noticed it.

Tokyo Ghoul Root A 6

Drunk Akira is best Akira.

This episode was pretty enjoyable especially on development side of things. We got Amon, Akira, and Seido interaction which was pretty funny, especially when Seido called Houji a bastard. Also Amon is such a gentleman by not taking advantage of Akira and instead did 7000 push-ups.

God did I love this development between Suzuya and Shinohara, it was so good. Plus a flashback of Suzuya's past was given. Yeah he suffered a lot and also got
his balls smashed.
Fuck that's unforgivable.

But man that Kaneki scream, he's going totally insane. I hope they give Kaneki more screentime so we can see his side of things. Also loved Anteiku scenes with Touka, Hinami, Roma, Nishiki, Koma, and Irimi. But man was the Ending Art this episode phenomenal, especially seeing that shoutout to Kaneki's original team from the manga. His team seeing him through the TV was awesome.

So that's where all the budget went, makes sense. I mean that's one high quality looking keyboard I've seen in any anime. 😌

daveo42

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul Root A E6

They did an okay job in getting some of the needed back story out of the way for our main characters, which is something that was needed. For the most part, the anime adaptation here worked since they didn't really fuck with all that much.

Too bad everyone, and I do mean everyone looked off model. It's like they decided to hire artists that knew how to do backgrounds and animals, but had zero clue how to draw a human.

2XlR8t5l.png

Exactly what CCG needs...Vash the Stampede!

Tokyo Ghoul Root A 6

Drunk Akira is best Akira.

This episode was pretty enjoyable especially on development side of things. We got Amon, Akira, and Seido interaction which was pretty funny, especially when Seido called Houji a bastard. Also Amon is such a gentleman by not taking advantage of Akira and instead did 7000 push-ups.

God did I love this development between Suzuya and Shinohara, it was so good. Plus a flashback of Suzuya's past was given. Yeah he suffered a lot and also got
his balls smashed.
Fuck that's unforgivable.

But man that Kaneki scream, he's going totally insane. I hope they give Kaneki more screentime so we can see his side of things. Also loved Anteiku scenes with Touka, Hinami, Roma, Nishiki, Koma, and Irimi. But man was the Ending Art this episode phenomenal, especially seeing that shoutout to Kaneki's original team from the manga. His team seeing him through the TV was awesome.

So that's where all the budget went, makes sense. I mean that's one high quality looking keyboard I've seen in any anime. ��

Thats not a irl photo of a real keyboard?

Mista

Banned
Anyone else thinks this season is just Meh :/?

I cant understand Kaneki. One time he's the most brutal thing ever and other time he's just so weak and doesnt want to eat anymore. I dont if its because the half-half thing or no

phaze

This has been added to Netflix UK. I'm 6 episodes in. Pretty entertaining.

Second half is better.

Anyone else thinks this season is just Meh :/?

I cant understand Kaneki. One time he's the most brutal thing ever and other time he's just so weak and doesnt want to eat anymore. I dont if its because the half-half thing or no

It's not Meh.

It's atrocious.

The only good thing about it is that they've pretty much written out Tsukiyama, Banjo and his three stooges out of the story.

Second half is better.

It's not Meh.

It's atrocious.

The only good thing about it is that they've pretty much written out Tsukiyama, Banjo and his three stooges out of the story.

What? Banjo was a great bro, I don't know how writing him out was a good thing.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Tsukiyama mon amour. I'm basically watching this show just to see more of his antics. He's the first anime character in a long while to make me smile, chuckle or laugh everytime he's on screen.

It helps that he's voiced by Light Yagami's VA.

EUPHORIA

Frog-fu

Banned
Tsukiyama is glorious.

Not a fan of how the show pretty much just glossed over the fact Kaneki was bailed out by the One-Eyed Owl. Kaneki doesn't seem to give a shit.

phaze

What? Banjo was a great bro, I don't know how writing him out was a good thing.

Pointless comic relief character with stupid crush and consequently, no real motivation to follow Kaneki around.

Tokyo Ghoul Root A 07

Someone finally reacts appropriately to the "I want to protect my friends" bullshit.

It's pretty funny that Tsukiyama was in that toilet long enough to miss the whole Takatsuki-HInami conversation.

Underwhelming episode but I really liked the Hinami-centric ED. After a weak previous showing, Ishida really put a shift in here.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Someone finally reacts appropriately to the "I want to protect my friends" bullshit.

I cringed when I heard the "I want to get stronger" line. I was like, "no Tokyo Ghoul, not you too, you're better than this!"

But then...

It's pretty funny that Tsukiyama was in that toilet long enough to miss the whole Takatsuki-HInami conversation.

ESSENTIAL! EL DORADO!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The pacing in this show is so fucking weird. Sometimes it feels like I skipped, like, 5 episodes or something.

[edit]

And new characters just kinda show up without ever really being introduced. No one's motivation ever seems to be explained.

I dunno, it's not a terrible show but if I wasn't watching it with a friend, I would've probably stopped in season 1.

Tokyo Ghoul Root A 7

El DoFUCKINrado! Like holy shit I wouldn't have believed this to be hilarious. My God is Miyano Mamoru an amazing voice actor, the way he conveys Tsukiyama's character is just brilliant.

Anyways everything else was good. Touka's and Kaneki's interaction was nicely done, mind you it wasn't as great as the manga but still good. But yeah Kaneki really needed that beating. I really love the way they gave development for Hinami's character. The rest of the scenes with Eto, Shinohara, and Suzuya were also good. Anyways things seem to be heating up.

The ending song and art was brilliant this episode.

Jaeger

After several slow eps, they hit me with this awesome awesomness. Being a fan of this show is like being a crackhead. Chasing a high that only comes every 3 episodes. But when it hits, you get fuuuuuuucked.

Animation was superb.
Pacing was great.

They hit me with character development that felt well placed, and straight action that I've been craving. Also, these two;
<3

Nibel

Okay, this was a damn good episode compared to earlier ones. Some of the animation was truly amazing, and the episode had a very nice flow.

You have your moments, Tokyo Ghoul.

Tokyo Ghoul Root A 8

Yoshimura is one based character. His backstory in the manga made me feel real fuckin bad for him and the anime made it sad as well. I find it interesting how they fully revealed Ukina's face considering it wasn't shown in the manga. It was nice seeing more of the Anteiku folks seeing as it's not gonna end well. It was also nice seeing that Touka's dream is to have her own coffee shop which you could say is foreshadowing something.

Man do I love seeing more of Irimi and Koma, such great characters. Great episode.

God do I love Ishida's ending art and this set was really good. The way each picture expresses some sort of emotion is so good, it feels as if it's telling a story.

Holy fuck I just realized the ending art contained a reference of Helter Skelter by the Beatles that says I've got blisters on my fingers. And Helter Skelter is the name of Itori's bar, man that detail.

Just watched that last episode... Dem feels..

Anyone know when the next one is coming out? I just discovered there was a new season and binge watched the last 9 episodes in one sitting.

I was watching Bleach before and this and the difference, the difference is so stark. Enjoying this a lot more.

phaze

Just watched that last episode... Dem feels..

Anyone know when the next one is coming out? I just discovered there was a new season and binge watched the last 9 episodes in one sitting.

I was watching Bleach before and this and the difference, the difference is so stark. Enjoying this a lot more.

New episodes come out every Thursday.

Tokyo Ghoul Root A 09

Surprisingly okay episode. Some decent action cuts in the beginning even if it regressed to the standard fare later on.

I didn't like the out of the blue inclusion of Ape and Dog gangs in the manga and I don't like it here even if it was foreshadowed a bit in the anime. All these people are awfully fast to risk their lives for no good reason, Anteiku staff included.

They may have again diverged from the manga and I'm really dreading the direction this change will take them.
0k4tkrdnkj5e.png

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Tsukiyama has been done so, so wrong in comparison to the manga.

In this episode you mean, or in general? Cause up until now I was loving his crazy antics, but in episode 9 he seemed off. I've never read the the manga though.

Frog-fu

Banned
In this episode you mean, or in general? Cause up until now I was loving his crazy antics, but in episode 9 he seemed off. I've never read the the manga though.

In general. This isn't a hugely significant spoiler but:
Tsukiyame is only a minor supporter in the anime, but in the manga he is a lieutenant in Kaneki's crew.

Also, the writing leading up to the Anteiku raid in the manga is so much more satisfying. The raid felt like a real payoff when it happened. Not so much with the anime.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
In general. This isn't a hugely significant spoiler but:
Tsukiyame is only a minor supporter in the anime, but in the manga he is a lieutenant in Kaneki's crew.

Oh, I thought you were saying he was off character-wise.

RangerBAD

Tokyo Ghoul Root A 8

Yoshimura is one based character. His backstory in the manga made me feel real fuckin bad for him and the anime made it sad as well. I find it interesting how they fully revealed Ukina's face considering it wasn't shown in the manga.

Well, they showed her "eating" in the manga and just implied it in the anime. I guess that was the trade off.

Also, I didn't know that was Donna Burke. No wonder it's such a good song.

Tokyo Ghoul Root A 9

DWMuYj1.jpg

Yeah Woof Woof and Devil Ape!

I been waiting for Woof Dog and Devil Ape to appear and they showed up like extreme badasses. The action was actually good, like real good holy shit. It was awesome seeing Woof Woof and Devil Ape destroying all these CCG investigators. When Woof Woof said die for me, that made me hyped as fuck. The music and the atmosphere in this episode was really on point, it actually made me feel sad especially on what's gonna occur. Also Yoshimura's speech was bone chilling and his Voice Actor was amazing. Ever since I heard that speech in the manga, it's been one of my favorite quotes in manga.

Like always these Ending cards are phenomenal, the art is exquisite. Props to the Author.

Last episode had me weeping and consumed by feels.

That ending made me jump out of my seat. I can't wait to see what goes down these next 2 episodes. I adore this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom