• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
I feel bad I've been skipping out on group watching and just DVRing One Piece, SAO, and Soul Eater.

Saturdays are just somewhat weird for me...

I dunno, stuff like X-Men Evolution and Spectacular Spider-Man were great. They have the blueprint for making it work in the DCAU, Marvel's live action stuff and Marvel's own comics. Spider-man show, Avengers show, X-Men show, maybe a FF show. From there have them all do the big crossovers Marvel likes to do every year. AvX, Spider-island, Infinity, House of M, that kind of thing. It should be a no brainer.

You are right about DC though.

X-Men Evolution was AMAZING, I used to watch that show religiously. It had the perfect amount of action and teenage angst to satisfy me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqW-rbhYpy0

It's just frustrating how inconsistent her character is in combat

It's true. The story would be over very quickly if Kagome was actually competent. Kagura comes blowing into town? Deadsies. Sesshy wants to steal the Tetsusaiga? Deaders. Naraku messing you and your friends? Buh-bye.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Before all of Bleach became crap the random one off filler used to be hilarious real world interludes and are some of the most enjoyable episodes because of that.

Seda

I suppose filler-arc Bleach is more bearable than filler one-offs, and One Piece is soon into canon. Naruto is getting to some of the better moments of the tournament stuff as well, although
Naruto vs.Kiba is mostly dumb, although not as dumb as Sakura/Ino

Only like 50 episodes until Bleach is no longer premiering!

I suppose filler-arc Bleach is more bearable than filler one-offs, and One Piece is soon into canon. Naruto is getting to some of the better moments of the tournament stuff as well, although

Almost a full year. ;_;

Wolverine and the x-men is the secret best marvel show

Also wonder what they get to replace bleach or they just start from the beginning

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I would say Soul Eater since Maka looks 12, Marie is insane, and Medusa has now been reincarnated as a creepy child. Naruto comes in a close second though, thank god for fishnet lady.

Anko_profil.png

It's crazy, they mostly always hide those puppies under her trenchcoat because realistically, freshnet...err suits would be completely seethrough and not how naruto depicts them, which is censored, hinata also has those fishnets under her hoodie/jacket and when they do show it they usually "censor" it like that.

It's crazy, they mostly always hide those puppies under her trenchcoat because realistically, freshnet...err suits would be completely seethrough and not how naruto depicts them, which is censored, hinata also has those fishnets under her hoodie/jacket and when they do show it they usually "censor" it like that.

Kishi loves his big breasted women in fishnets

I will curl up in a ball and cry when that day comes. Meanwhile, in toonami-gaf...

tumblr_m8g1f6fWII1r5dvi2.gif

Wolverine and the x-men is the secret best marvel show

Also wonder what they get to replace bleach or they just start from the beginning

I think Bleach is pretty expensive to air, I don't know the details of the deal toonami has but it'll either get dropped (most likely) or pushed back to 5AM and air back to back episodes.

Maybe by then blood war anime will be announced

This would be ideal

Seda

Part of my hopes they just move up One Piece and add some small show in its place in the later time slot.

Fairy Tail is probably coming, you know this to be true. But putting One Piece first eventually does make sense of course, if it can gather ratings worthy of a lead show.

I still find it odd that Naruto finds itself in the first hour. It's not a premiere (they cheat this by calling it 'uncut') but hey it seems to do alright.

Fairy Tail is probably coming, you know this to be true. But putting One Piece first eventually does make sense of course, if it can gather ratings worthy of a lead show.

I still find it odd that Naruto finds itself in the first hour. It's not a premiere (they cheat this by calling it 'uncut') but hey it seems to do alright.

It's all prep for when Toonami gets Shippuden Uncut. That'll be the day, bitches.

Seda

We haven't heard what tonight's 'goodie' (to use Jason's diction) is.

He also retweeted this a while back, seen on the SAO package.

BVr-ZTVIcAEa5O7.jpg

We haven't heard what tonight's 'goodie' (to use Jason's diction) is.

He also retweeted this a while back, seen on the box or SAO package.

BVr-ZTVIcAEa5O7.jpg

Wow. How long has it been since new anime merchandise has had that sticker? Almost brings a tear to my eye.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm eager to see how Toonami-GAF likes the Fullbring arc of Bleach. At least with a villain that trolls ALMOST as good as Aizen.

I'm eager to see how Toonami-GAF likes the Fullbring arc of Bleach. At least with a villain that trolls ALMOST as good as Aizen.

I already read it in the manga and
I thought it was pretty stupid. All that build-up and then it just ended like it did. Feels kinda like it was the Foxy arc of Bleach. It was canon, but really only there to buy the author time.

I don't get this "not interested in airing old shows" crap, what the hell is InuYasha then?

Also if you guys want to check out an anime that's like SAO if SAO didn't suck hardcore check out Log Horizon.

I already read it in the manga and
I thought it was pretty stupid. All that build-up and then it just ended like it did. Feels kinda like it was the Foxy arc of Bleach. It was canon, but really only there to buy the author time.

THANK YOU! I absolutely despise the fullbring arc. Even though the current Blood War arc is godly, Bleach should have ended after the Aizen fight in all honesty.

I don't get this "not interested in airing old shows" crap, what the hell is InuYasha then?

Also if you guys want to check out an anime that's like SAO if SAO didn't suck hardcore check out Log Horizon.

He doesn't want to air old shows that used to be on toonami. Inuyasha was on Adult Swim.

I dunno. Do they have beaters and waifus? I won't watch any show without beaters and waifus.

Well nobody can be a Beater in Log Horizon because unlike SAO Elder Tales (Log Horizon's trapped in the game world) is a game that millions of players in the real world played every day including the main characters. When they all wake up in Elder Tales they already know the main mechanics of the game, they just have to learn to adapt to being the physical characters themselves.

Yes. Yes you are.

After the garbage that was the Arracar war it was nice to get back to a story that was short and contained and only gave fights to the better characters for the most part.

mhs004

Naruto fans are crazy about the show and will watch it whenever it comes on or buy it when new stuff is released. The first half is not that terrible either and I enjoy re watching it every Saturday on Toonami. God help us when it gets to the second half though.

Well nobody can be a Beater in Log Horizon because unlike SAO Elder Tales (Log Horizon's trapped in the game world) is a game that millions of players in the real world played every day including the main characters. When they all wake up in Elder Tales they already know the main mechanics of the game, they just have to learn to adapt to being the physical characters themselves.

Sounds interesting. I'll look into it once I'm done catching up with the Toonami pre-watch stuff.

One Piece should become the headliner. If I remember correctly that should be near the end of Water 7 and onto a super awesome arc.

One Piece has to pick up the ratings slack quite a bit more than it currently does for that to happen, and though i HOPE that's how it goes i do have quite a lot of doubts. i think Toonami really needs to push Water 7 as something different from what's been shown so far. of course, a bunch of One Piece fans could also just show up who didn't really care for the Davy Back Fight, but i don't have a ton of faith in that happening

As much as I'd love for One Piece to become the headliner I can easily see Naruto sliding into that slot due to it's popularity... or Fairy Tail.

As much as I'd love for One Piece to become the headliner I can easily see Naruto sliding into that slot due to it's popularity... or Fairy Tail.

i don't think they'd use an unproven show to headline the block. Naruto probably will if One Piece's ratings don't change and Bleach doesn't just repeat in that same slot, but they might also be willing to take a gamble on One Piece since SD Naruto reruns, as good as their ratings are, might not be what you want to use as the very first show. same could apply to Bleach, though that's also proven to draw a crowd.

DBZ is still the most requested show (closely followed by AoT and FT) and would do crazy numbers. If DeMarco had a chance to air the show he'd do it in a heartbeat and I would love him for it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A show that they already had before Toonami returned?

I think it's more among the lines of "we're not going to air really old shows unless we already have the rights to them". Hence why we still have shows like Big O, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, and Inuyasha airing, because those were airing well before Toonami came back (i.e on Adult Swim within the last year or so), so they just became part of the block. They probably feel it might not be worth the trouble getting back the rights for some of the older shows or something.

I think it's more among the lines of "we're not going to air really old shows unless we already have the rights to them". Hence why we still have shows like Big O, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, and Inuyasha airing, because those were airing well before Toonami came back (i.e on Adult Swim within the last year or so), so they just became part of the block. They probably feel it might not be worth the trouble getting back the rights for some of the older shows or something.

though the fact that they've stated they'll probably go out and get the rights to Bebop again makes them giant hypocrites -_-

Seda

You have to wonder if they had to reacquire Inuyasha because it seems like the 'tapes' are different now, with the openings this time and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom