• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
buu-bious sensuality

...or just use the b-dubs one, I just figured we already had a Jojo reference so I'd aim for a different show.

Raxus

buu-bious sensuality

...or just use the b-dubs one, I just figured we already had a Jojo reference so I'd aim for a different show.

JoJo and Super are too darn quotable sadly compared to the rest of the shows on the block.

Maybe we can have a Tokyo Ghoul reference!

Guys?

....guys?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I see that Captain America is a Nazi storyline ended about as well I expected.

By basically not ending.

Yea, I saw what they pulled and it's bullshit. Someone compared it to Superior Spider-man, which was actually really good, ended on the perfect note, and that hurts me.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Jojo, DB Super and One Piece seem like the most quotable shows Toonami has had. Fucking Toei...

I see that Captain America is a Nazi storyline ended about as well I expected.

By basically not ending.

So basically pretend it didn't happen? I don't blame them, that shit was tone deaf.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*plays Knack 2 demo, feels absolutely bored*

Man, the annoying knack memes were bad enough, but now that I've tried it, I just feel more annoyed when I can't tell people are just joking or trying to be legit since it was never funny in the first place.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
*plays Knack 2 demo, feels absolutely bored*

Man, the annoying knack memes were bad enough, but now that I've tried it, I just feel more annoyed when I can't tell people are just joking or trying to be legit since it was never funny in the first place.

I'll most likely get it as I enjoyed the first as an ok brawler platformer. This one seems to have improved on a lot of the flaws from the first one in terms of gameplay and the co op looks like a blast.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"nah man, you need to play on hard, then it's actually fun"

Same reaction. Cheese the jump kick & then the heavy punch when you have it, you'll win, it's so dull.

& that's what I got from the demo: an ok brawler. I can see this being a good "play with your kid" game the same way the Lego *insert franchise here* games are, but I don't feel anything playing my way through by myself. It's not even technically bad, it's just the very definition of a shrug & "eeehhh..."

Is this why everyone whines about wanting the first Knack on PS+, so they don't have to spend money on a "meh, it's alright" game?

Now that I think about it, the Knack gag is the Gaming equivalent of that weird Thor 2 gag in Off-Topic. I just don't get why it's funny, let alone why it's even a running gag in the first place.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I don't get the Knack meme either. I played through the entire first game to see if there's something... there's nothing. It's a mediocre action game with some dumb design decisions.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't get the Knack meme either. I played through the entire first game to see if there's something... there's nothing. It's a mediocre action game with some dumb design decisions.
& that's why I don't get it. It's too mediocre to stand out aside from the fact it was a PS4 launch title. It's not bad by any means, but why should I play it when something like Bayonetta is MILES better with more variety. "because it's a good game for kids" isn't really that good of an argument when Nintendo has plenty & as mentioned before, the Lego games seem to do this rather well but with franchises both children & adults would be interested in, unless you only have a PS4 but I'm sure there's other games that're much better that you could let your kid play. Not to mention a game should be good regardless of who the target demographic is.

Hell, someone in the demo even jokes "hard to believe someone who saved the world once only knows 3 punches & a kick", like they acknowledge Knack's moveset is just so barebones.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Look at post history. Is the person a die-hard Sony Zealot? Then they might actually think Knack is any good. Everyone else is part of the joke.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I actually enjoyed the first Knack but I was nearly as put off by the art style as some and enjoyed the God of War light combat. It was also surprisingly challenging which I wasn't expecting so I actually got a pretty good amount of time into it. The sequel seems to have beefed up the platforming by a large margin and the controlling of your size looks like a needed upgrade to the actual gameplay. So I'll probably pick the sequel.

The quotable stuff in this arc isn't for another few weeks.

If MadHouse didn't leave out one of my favorite G.I. arc lines from
Killua (they easily could have inserted it, but may need alterations to work as a thread title)
, then it would've only been a couple

Man, I got through the first world of Mario + Rabbids and I'm hooked. I would have played more, but my Switch's battery was running low, it's late and it was a good stopping point.

I also got Yakuza Kiwami today and I got to Chapter 3, I believe. That's been really good so far as well.

Too many good games this year, everyone...

Someone actually post them for the love of Man God.

EDIT: Ask and you shall receive.

8:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) - 557
8:30 Dragon Ball Super - 679
11:00 Dragon Ball Super - 825
11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 779
12:00 Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 595
12:30 Tokyo Ghoul - 548
1:00 Hunter X Hunter - 524
1:30 Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 - 448
2:00 Naruto: Shippuden - 510
2:30 Outlaw Star - 463
3:00 Attack on Titan - 451