• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh shit

can you pls make some more posts, zonic
you dare usurp my position, then demand i take it back, as if you've discovered the responsibilities of what it means to have the top rank

wtf am i even talking about

Seda

New thread will go up this next week.

As for Samurai Jack season 5, there will be an OT as well, so feel free to post in both threads. Whatever you're more comfortable with / however you want to do it.

Moaradin

I'll probably just use this thread for the live discussions we're used to, and then go to the Samurai Jack thread for more comprehensive thoughts afterwards.

Raxus

New thread will go up this next week.

As for Samurai Jack season 5, there will be an OT as well, so feel free to post in both threads. Whatever you're more comfortable with / however you want to do it.

To add to things I think it is safe to say that you can post your live reactions here, while keeping things tagged for West Coast viewers in the Jack OT if the author wants it that way. I will stay in this thread when Jack airs but I may peek into the Jack OT after I wake up the next day to post my impressions.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay for One Piece filler only being 2 episodes, thank goodness.

*sees title mentioning Foxy*

UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Seda

kinda silly request,

If you have a suggestion for a good One Piece banner image to use in the OP for the next arc, feel free to post here or PM me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69kG6Mvo1_k4-1d
WVW69kG6QsQBiCYTLQ

WVW69kG6S1gfSMaF8j
WVW69kG6ZIUNqs6Dr_

WVW69kG6eEECydtnuk
WVW69kG6jek2r_BGm0

WVW69kG6og0_ZnenTf
WVW69kG6umkmpn4kp1

WVW69kG6zwIznhPucS
WVW69kG62ukbmzKJ-_

RETRO GITS:
zlCfzRMVWkceCHtahE

LATER

Ok, so IBO Season 2 is really some good stuff. I actually haven't been this on edge for how a series will actually end since back when Code Geass Season 2 was reaching the end.

cntr

Banned
whatever IBO S2 turns out like, I will be so glad to get back to Mikazuki and co. after so many weeks of Unicorn's cast

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Glad ya'll like the (not really drawn in 10 min) dump. I never got to properly reply to the comments of last week, but took some of them to heart! :) It was fun to draw a full block dump again, and what better time than in a quick-and-loose drawing style, ha.

I loved the GITs episode last night, I was quoting parts of it by near instinct, and the "It goes all the way, possibly to the top!" line is just perfect corporate crazy camp to me. And Togusa's friends car blew up INSTANTLY. And so much Crispin... is never a bad thing.

---

It's good to hear IBO 2 is doing well. I don't really miss Mika, since he just remind me of a character like Spawn in the 90s (takes a harder parth than the contemporaries, gets praised because audience is fed up with the lukewarm morals of the classics), but I do look forward to seeing where the series is going. S1 seemed like so much setup... and the show is probably a better fit for modern Toonami viewers.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*gets schedule for next week*
Sweet, I should be able to watch all of Toonami next week.

Moaradin

TFS is something I never got into so I can't say it's funnier than the version we got, but it's a neat callback. Cool that it got uploaded to youtube at least.

bigkrev

TFS is something I never got into so I can't say it's funnier than the version we got, but it's a neat callback. Cool that it got uploaded to youtube at least.

Yeah, I put it and YGO Abridged in the same category- it's something I thought was fucking hilarious when I was 21 or so, but at age 28, I'm kind of just numb to it at this point.

YGO Abridged and TFS were funny during the period when there were no quality abridged series at all on YouTube.
But now there are too many other channels copying the same style of comedy. Oversaturation hit too hard.

In OT apparently the Cell Games Re-enactment was redubbed in Kai with TFS.

This is pretty clever as an homage I'd love to see this included on the blu ray as an extra. Glad it was redubbed though as its too over the top.

Yeah, I put it and YGO Abridged in the same category- it's something I thought was fucking hilarious when I was 21 or so, but at age 28, I'm kind of just numb to it at this point.

YGO Abridged and TFS were funny during the period when there were no quality abridged series at all on YouTube.
But now there are too many other channels copying the same style of comedy. Oversaturation hit too hard.

YGO abridged suffered from the same thing that killed rvb, adding stuff not present in the original unedited footage. TFS still does quality work but I just think they rely on too many of the same jokes which have gotten tired.

Seda

I thought DBZ:A was funny but then again I never bothered to watch past the early Android saga so I guess that says something.

I think TFS suffers due to the fact most of their jokes have been in-jokes used in the fandom for years.

I just don't find much of their material funny enough on it's own to keep me invested in following them.

Jesus the TFS bias in this thread, wasn't expecting that.

This is pretty clever as an homage I'd love to see this included on the blu ray as an extra. Glad it was redubbed though as its too over the top.

I hope so, Toei shouldn't be allowed to get away with their petty bullshit. I need to find a HQ version of this episode just in case though.

Chase17

Spending four hours watching the Oscars has never felt so worth it. Anime level plot twist.

Even topped the greatness of the Crunchyroll awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom