• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just remembered again that FLCL 2 is going to be a thing

I really hope it is worth revisiting. I'm guessing since [adult swim] was fond of the show right from the start that they give the folks making Season 2 as much creative freedom as they can want.

cntr

Banned
seems a bit overkill to clone someone when you can construct an artificial body instead

what's the difference between cyborg food and normal food??

cntr

Banned
reminds me of old snake, though i guess this came first

i liked it, but yeah i can see why this was a forgettable episode

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 17 - Pan Is Born! And Goku Goes on a Training Journey?!
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 60 - XCIX
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 17 - Pan Is Born! And Goku Goes on a Training Journey?!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 116 - Don't Sell Super Saiyans Short! Vegeta and Goku's Full-Bore Power!
12:30 - Attack on Titan - 28 - Southwestward
1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul - 6 - Cloudburst
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 50 - Ally × And × Sword
2:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 18 - Fateful Battle
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 157 - Assault on the Leaf Village!
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 14 - ¥€$

Later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't help but question how the daughter would look EXACTLY the same as her mother when she was younger. At first, I thought she was a clone, but I don't think the show said that.

Plus, how did she age so quickly in 10 years? She's only 26, yet looks 86.

Korigama

Is Lo Fidelity Allstars "Battleflag" playing right now? I haven't heard that song in ages.
No, it was a track called Run Rabbit Junk.
I can't help but question how the daughter would look EXACTLY the same as her mother when she was younger. At first, I thought she was a clone, but I don't think the show said that.

Plus, how did she age so quickly in 10 years? She's only 26, yet looks 86.
Went missing for 16 years (still an old woman at only 26, though).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So is there any explanation given for the rapid aging or is it just "man she been through some shit."
She went through such horrible events that linking to her ended up turning the team into gibbering mad men. Last episode was ironically about people linking to a brain showing a movie so beautiful that no one wanted to return to the real world.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
She went through such horrible events that linking to her ended up turning the team into gibbering mad men. Last episode was ironically about people linking to a brain showing a movie so beautiful that no one wanted to return to the real world.
So perhaps one of the horrible things that happened to her resulted in her rapid aging? I guess I could accept that, as I don't need to know the actual specifics, as it's better to leave it to the imagination of just what kind of shit happened to her that'd drive others crazy.

Seda

reminds me of old snake, though i guess this came first

i liked it, but yeah i can see why this was a forgettable episode

Even these less memorable episodes are still pretty solid, they just don't stand out against the highlights.

There are a couple particularly neat Stand Alone episodes I'm looking forward to rewatching, but I don't remember if they are in Season 1 or 2, heh.

cntr

Banned
So perhaps one of the horrible things that happened to her resulted in her rapid aging? I guess I could accept that, as I don't need to know the actual specifics, as it's better to leave it to the imagination of just what kind of shit happened to her that'd drive others crazy.
well, consider that she got kidnapped at 10 sixteen years ago, and
her daughter seems to be about 12 to 14 years old...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Stress related aging is entirely real. It shortens the telemeres of your DNA. It's noted often in the poorest, most war torn sections of this planet. It's also common among people with severe PTSD.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
well, consider that she got kidnapped at 10 sixteen years ago, and
her daughter seems to be about 12 to 14 years old...
I thought she was 16 years old when she was kidnapped 10 years ago, not the other way around. Or did I just mishear it?

Edit: My bad, you're correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom