• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
sfx6QKI.gif

|OT| The Thief and the Gobbler
|OT| The Edgiest Anime Block on Television
|OT| We Miss One Piece
|OT| Saiyans and Samurai Break Down Wall Cena before Edge and Double H Match

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TRIGUN - EPISODE SIX - Lost July

Yoink.

It's good to be a hero.

A wanted poster for the Nebraska family goes up, $$700,000. Then immediately goes down as the entire town of Inepril put in for the bounty. Apparently this is enough to get an engineer out there on the next steamship, which means that 700k is probably a very decent chunk of change in this world...and Vash is the SIXTY BILLION DOUBLE DOLLAR MAN. The town elders meet Vash as he is having lunch, with Milly and Meryl in the background. The men want to know why Vash passed up the reward. All the salmon sandwiches he can eat. Meryl says he could have bought all of the salmon sandwich factories with money like that.

XSngJC4.gif

Meryl has turned into Vash's hype man, or maybe anti Hype man. The townsfolk see him as a hero though and invite him to all the parties. Vash wants to know how long they will be following him around. Until he dies, more or less, to curb all the potential damage.

Human Shields. Truly a monster.
Meryl loses it on average twice an episode.

Incoming fire! Wait what is that? A humpback class sand steamer! Vash ducked out in the commotion. Trades starts before the train is even unloaded. A kid with some band-aids on his face is looking for work and is told to buzz off
He's the main focus of the next two episodes
So it appears that the elders called the engineers before they caught Vash and the chief's idea worked out in the end.

I had one of these moments today.

Quite the eye turner. Even Super Sodom the Great tries to pick her up but he runs into an Outlaw Star villain instead. The fetching young lady is the chief engineer it turns out.

Trademarked.
Ready to serve.

Vash is pouring one out for his dead homies who ain't with us no mo. You were just tired. The chief engineer is interested in Vash and lists his particulars and confirms that his bounty is dead or alive. Vash...proposes to her. She shuts him down and introduces herself as Elizabeth. She gives us the basic rundown of Plants after asking Vash what he knows about them.
He knows everything.
Plants are lost technology that outputs energy beyond human understanding. Part of Pandora's box. She's here to fix the plant and needs a bodyguard. She's here to fix the plant and needs a bodyguard and offers him "what he wants" in return. Meanwhile we cut to a shadowy figure with a glowing red eye watching this conversation. It's the Outlaw Star Villain in a trench coat!

Another classic.

Night falls. Meryl is hit on by a geek who wants to be her sub and hightails it when Vash is name dropped. Vash is there...with another woman! He's her bodyguard. Elizabeth is also into domination as she calls Vash "Spot" and he responds with master. She asks for a 6am wake up call and Vash gets some new monikers for himself. Rooster Boy, Early Bird, Mr. Upandatem as she slams the door on his face leaving him to wait in the inner room. Vash figured they were staying in the same room and she promises to let him in after her work is done.

He senses a lesser space western villain approaching.

Looks like Vash is the one working tonight. Vash aims a boot knife at his attacker...only for it to shatter on their blades. Vash then pulls out his revolver and shoots the blade, breaking one of them and holding the man up. He doesn't like sleeping with ugly men and asks him kindly to leave...which he does by backflipping out of the window. Diplomacy has...succeeded? Vash hears a beep at his feet...it's a grenade.

Great scene.

Elizabeth pops out her window, glad she switched their room numbers in the registry. Vash wants answers...and to stay in her room tonight. She's got answers for him tomorrow...and he has a perfectly good bed out there. Morning comes and the townsfolk are curious about the incident...and the innkeeper sure is glad the Insurance folks are here, talk about service. They of course ask who was staying in the room and of course you know the answer. Elizabeth and Vash are having a pleasant conversation while she works on the Plant. She knows a lot about them, but not everything as they are mainly lost technology. Insurance girls hit the scene trying to get them to kick Vash out as everywhere he goes destruction follows. Seems to be right on the money as an aid announces trouble in Section 3. Section 4 started up without being ordered and now Elizabeth needs to go down there in person with Spot and they run down to the reactor. Outlaw Star villain jumps them in there.

VGqhhy9.gif

L2PtyMh.gif

Fight is over after that. He knocks off the mask...he's kinda cute! Elizabeth will have to get someone better to kill Vash...someone like herself.

Betrayal Five.
Haunting scene.
Elizabeth. Age 3. Citizen of Hell on earth Gunsmoke.

She wants him to die. Not for the money, but what he did to the city of July. His first criminal act, turning that city into Hell itself. Vash is LEGIT SHOOK and we get flashes of a blood red hellscape of rubble. She doesn't know what witchcraft he used to completely demolish a city without killing a single person. 1,400,000 homeless people, parched to the bone. They abused each other. Stole from each other and despised one another. Her parents didn't make it. She remembers it like yesterday even though she was only three years old. She even remembers running into a tall man in rags who gave her his bandaged hand. Repent and die. She's going to blow up the plant to kill Vash the Stampede. The other engineers say they only have a few hours before total meltdown and that fires are already starting. Elizabeth returns and tells everyone to evacuate. Milly wants to know where Vash is...he decided to stay behind. Meryl runs after him.

Pretty.

The Plant has gone all technicolor. The Outlaw Star villain is shook, this wasn't the deal! (I'm pretty sure he's Steve Blum) Vash can speak to Plants! It goes from all lightningy and scary noisy to calm. The door opens, Vash has saved the town again! Everyone cheers. Meryl tries to go up to give him a piece of her mind but Elizabeth beats her to it and she walks off with Milly. The townsfolk continue to congratulate him while she pulls a double trigger snub nose pistol on him and sticks him in the gut. She wants him dead so bad, she was willing to become just like him by blowing the city up. He tells her the truth, he remembers nothing about what happened in July, he woke up in the rubble. Why did someone like this have to be Vash as he hugs her and begins to cry.

Spooky.

He was the man who saved her back then, crying and hugging her just the same way he does right now.

Xe4

Banned
It's weird that Toonami has never aired Trigun. I know they go for newer stuff, but there's a few older slots, and I think Trigun would go well in one of them. Maybe when Kai ends something like Trigun can move to the end of Toonami (though Kai has the advantage of being a "reordering", making it a bit newer).

Confession time: I never saw the end of Trigun. I kind of checked out after (actual end of Trigun spoilers)
Wolfwood's death.

caliph95

Trigun is the perfect Toonami show (at least in old days) it will fit right in with the network that aired the Watanabe shows and Wolf's rain

BBboy20

Confession time: I never saw the end of Trigun. I kind of checked out after (actual end of Trigun spoilers)
Wolfwood's death.
For the record, that is the only episode I have never seen of Trigun.
Despite him being my fav. ;-;

Morlas

i think the main problem with airing trigun to me is cowboy bebop has a very timeless look and trigun looks like an old space western....
it still looks very good mind you.

caliph95

I hate this moment with every fiber of my being.

I mean all that Laxus did was hold an entire town hostage and threatened to bomb, forced friends and allies to fight each other and tried to kill them but he was Nakama and actually cared deep down. *Points to the sky*

Ray Down

Banned
I mean all that Laxus did was hold an entire town hostage and threatened to bomb, forced friends and allies to fight each other and tried to kill them but he was Nakama and actually cared deep down. *Points to the sky*

And the whole finger point was only set up in 1 chapter in the manga and yet for the emotional climax of the arc, I'm suppose to feel for something with so little build up for a guy that nearly murdered an entire town with electric bombs or some shit.

caliph95

And the whole finger point was only set up in 1 chapter in the manga and yet for the emotional climax of the arc, I'm suppose to feel for something with so little build up for a guy that nearly murdered an entire town with electric bombs or some shit.
But you see Ray when he was about to slaughter the whole town with the Fairy Law and didn't work clearly his heart wasn't in it so what if the spell was done with the intention to kill everybody he didn't really mean it

I guess Hiro liked One Piece and Vivi's farewell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom