• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People were initially up in arms over the SNES mini price until they realized that it is 21 games, normally at least eight bucks each on the VC (Earthbound is ten and three others are UNRELEASED in that form, one of which is UNRELEASED ever, the Starfox 2 prototype on the internet is not the same as the one Argonaut and Nintendo has) and two controllers.

I love almost every single game on the NES mini but this blows it out of the water. I only saw one hot take article saying it was garbage because it didn't include Chrono Trigger.

Hilariously enough Sunday afternoon I was debating to myself which version of FF VI I'd play the month after the FF V Job Fiesta ends...which is September. I guess I have that answer now.

cntr

Banned
I remember during the DST switch, Naruto and GitS's ratings jumped up because they got past Nielsen's 3 AM cut off, and got Sunday's DVR views included.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not gonna bother with the marathon this week, I'll either focus on my 3rd Persona 5 playthrough to get the platinum or play Crash N-Sane.

People were initially up in arms over the SNES mini price until they realized that it is 21 games, normally at least eight bucks each on the VC (Earthbound is ten and three others are UNRELEASED in that form, one of which is UNRELEASED ever, the Starfox 2 prototype on the internet is not the same as the one Argonaut and Nintendo has) and two controllers.

I love almost every single game on the NES mini but this blows it out of the water. I only saw one hot take article saying it was garbage because it didn't include Chrono Trigger
Yeah, if you think about it, it's basically $4 per game plus a bonus, UNRELEASED game & an additional controller that can also work by plugging it into your Wiimote to play on Wii or Wii U. & this roster of games is just so much better compared to the NES one. Yeah, there's a few games I'm kind of surprised didn't make it (no Super Mario All-Stars to cheat & say there's technically 25 games? No DKC2?) but it's still a fantastic list, especially when we have three Square RPGs on it.

I just really hope this is a sign that Nintendo finally was able to figure out the Super FX chip emulation & can release these games as separate titles on the Switch's VC/eShop.

Waiting four years wasn't a smart move. Apparently, the part of the manga where this season ends happened over three years ago.

If I had to guess, the production committee probably wanted the entire crew from the first season to return but they had other obligations they had to fulfill before working on more AoT.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Vrceeqi.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It suddenly dawns on me that I have never actually played Journey.
At this point, you'll just find it alright, yet question "so why was everyone saying this was one of the greatest Playstation games ever?" after all the years of critical acclaim.

I was just left with "...oh, that's it..." when I finished.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was shit when I first played it. I felt alone on a mountain until more people played it as it went on sale over the years.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I loved it myself but I played it at launch and had a great time playing with random people. Its always incredible beautiful on all fronts.

She came damn close to ruining that show for me. Almost as bad in characterization as Melfina, but wasn't as quiet as her.

The best character on the show died in the fourth episode anyhow, soooo...

You telling me you didn't like hearing about the Ctarl-Ctarl ad nauseam? Because let me tell you something about the Ctarl-Ctarl, the Ctarl-Ctarl love to remind you about the Ctarl-Ctarl, because the Ctarl-Ctarl are a mighty, proud race

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One of these days, I'll get the Blu-Ray LE for One Punch Man, but I'm waiting for Amazon to drop it under $40 again (it's about $44, but saw it at $37 at one point).

Kind of amazed I'm actually buying anime nowadays. Though I just wish I knew more people or had a gf to which I could let them borrow my BDs or have them watch it at my place since I feel like that's the main reason I'm buying them, even if some series are available on Netflix or Crunchyroll. I got Nichijou because I waited soooo long for that to get licensed here in the US, but at the same time, I wanna show it to others so they can discover it as well.

I just know when I get Jojo on BD, I'm gonna have my friend watch it because I know he'll love it. He already got a kick out of some of the scenes I've shown him from all 4 parts.

Crocodile

Union Square > Times Square

She came damn close to ruining that show for me. Almost as bad in characterization as Melfina, but wasn't as quiet as her.

The best character in the show died in the fourth episode anyhow, soooo...

Lies & Slander! Aisha da best <3

The best character in the show died in the fourth episode anyhow, soooo...
Half that cast would be dead if Aisha wasn't so OP. I guess you don't have an appreciation for catgirls NYAAA?

Line_HTX

AoT S1 v. 1 seems to be selling decently, just not at insane levels like before.

Still though, it's a shame that for something that looks better and had better planning and organization into production unlike the disasterous S1 that people don't recognize the huge difference.

Grexeno

AoT S1 v. 1 seems to be selling decently, just not at insane levels like before.

Still though, it's a shame that for something that looks better and had better planning and organization into production unlike the disasterous S1 that people don't recognize the huge difference.
It's been 4 years and one One Punch Man since season 1 and no once cur anymore

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Haven't read the manga, but I can agree that the anime was rather good, especially since they knew it works better in shorter bursts instead of trying to fit multiple gags into a 24-minute episode.

.........TOO BAD SENTAI DUBBED IT.

SON OF A BITCH!

The manga is fantastically funny by the way and has been released in English in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom