• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 1 - A Peacetime Reward: Who Gets The 100,000,000 Zeni?
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 1 - A Peacetime Reward: Who Gets The 100,000,000 Zeni?
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 99 - Seven Years Later! Starting Today, Gohan Is a High School Student
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 11 - The Game Master
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 1 - Departure 0096
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 33 - An × Empty × Threat
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 140 - Fate
2:30 - One Piece - 374 - Our Bodies Vanish! The Morning Sun Shines on the Nightmarish Island!
3:00 - One-Punch Man - 9 - Unyielding Justice

Later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DBZ marathon seemed to have about 5 1/2 pages worth of posts.

Jojo, on the other hand, had a little over 8 pages worth.

Also huzzah for being able to take a day off work for a 3-day weekend, in time for regular Toonami.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
i should probably make the new thread huh
Welcome back, it's been a while.

I wonder if DeMarco will re-air Shelter uncut in a few weeks as an "apology" for what happened. Next week won't work on account of 4 shows (hopefully) getting their full OPs shown.

Seda

testing new font

EevW4dr.png

edit

I originally made the image-text blue to have it show up in both light and dark themes, but perhaps I should go with green-ish this year.

f3MYHDB.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What happened with Shelter?
Basically, what was aired was a very edited version that removed the beginning dialogue & some of the ending (i.e. the setup & epilogue of the entire video), but Demarco said that they didn't know they were sent a cut version, they thought they received the full version for airing.

....it just didn't look good for Demarco who was all "hey, guess what, subtitled anime finally airing on Toonami!" when all of said subtitled parts of the music video were removed.

testing new font

EevW4dr.png

edit

I originally made the image-text blue to have it show up in both light and dark themes, but perhaps I should go with green-ish this year.

f3MYHDB.png
As a dark theme user, the green looks much better.

Seda

Green is definitely much more readable.

As a dark theme user, the green looks much better.

Yeah. The new font is 'thinner' than the old font (which is actually from 2015, not 2016 IIRC), and the blue doesn't show up as well. The green looks better to me too and it fits the packaging more anyway. BTW, I am bolding the font and I did not make the font.

New thread should be up in maybe an hour.

edit

actually probably sooner than that

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My only guess is the company or whoever was sending it to Demarco thought it would've had to be shortened to the length of similar music videos (though considering I miss most of them, I don't know how long they are), so they made a trimmed down version that would "fit" inbetween shows, since the video is about 5:40 minutes long (not including the end credits).

I just know they removed the first 48 seconds of the video, which kind of was explaining the context of the video. They cut the last 40ish seconds of the video as well, part of which included a letter that, despite being in Japanese, added to the emotional impact of what was going on & a mini-epilogue of the girl talking once more & expressing her emotions on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom