• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I was a young fox I didnt even know inuyasha had filler, it might aswell have all been cannon to me, I think it all fits into the inuyasha world well anyways

yeah, the thought never occurred to me that the anime would add stuff when i was a kid. of course, i didn't always know if it was an adaptation, either.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
yeah, the thought never occurred to me that the anime would add stuff when i was a kid. of course, i didn't always know if it was an adaptation, either.

It's even funnier when die hard anime/manga fans think that all anime/the certain anime their watching is adapted from a manga when sometimes it's from a light novel or gasp, an entirely new production.

Then it gets even funnier when the work is then spun off into a manga.

It's even funnier when die hard anime/manga fans think that all anime/the certain anime their watching is adapted from a manga when sometimes it's from a light novel or gasp, an entirely new production.

Then it gets even funnier when the work is then spun off into a manga.

Well it can get wonky with some series, especially when years later there is a manga, anime, and light novel version/s

Have they said what is replacing Naruto until Shippuden arrives?

At least 3 of the weeks are movie nights where Naruto would have been skipped anyways, the last week either they have a 4th movie night unannounced or they'll just double up Bleach or One Piece.

I hope they chose one piece. Or kick heart twice in a row.

And then BassForever had a heart attack while driving home from the grocery store.

pXs0LGW.gif

there are also people attempting to inform me that yes, this was clearly portrayed within the show.

TadkV.gif

You need to stop associating with these people GMN, being too close to people who think SAO is generally good is probably worse for you then second hand smoke

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Alright guys. So as of right now Gurren Lagann is in the lead for what show we should watch. I went back and checked the first survey and it seemed a great number of people did not see it. Of course this is not reflective of anything since some people didn't even bother to fill out both surveys and those who don't watch the block filled it out. lol.

As of right now I'm going to declare Gurren Lagann as the official show for the block unless something changes or people start thinking we should have a third survey or something lol.

Alright guys. So as of right now Gurren Lagann is in the lead for what show we should watch. I went back and checked the first survey and it seemed a great number of people did not see it. Of course this is not reflective of anything since some people didn't even bother to fill out both surveys and those who don't watch the block filled it out. lol.

As of right now I'm going to declare Gurren Lagann as the official show for the block unless something changes or people start thinking we should have a third survey or something lol.

More reason for me to get off the 2-10 dead shift on Saturday night, thankfully I've seen the first few episodes so it won't be a huge deal if I miss those. When my new GM sits down to do the December manager schedule I'll push hardcore to get Saturday morning

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This tiered voting is why I only filled out a choice for GTO. Hell if I could cast negative ballots on the rest I'd be ok with that.

kayos90

what DID happen, then?

He died and he used his haxor existence and somehow overcame the system and killed Heathcliff. Sort of like how Asuna broke through paralysis to protect Kirito. rofl.

Alright. The anime didn't make it clear but the reason why that penultimate sequence, with Asuna and Kirito was done the way it was is because they both thought they were going to die. In reality, they did die in the game and as a result they would die. The only reason they didn't die right away was because they thought Akihiko let them live a little longer so they could talk, being the winners and all, and such. Kirito was surprised that he woke up in the real world because he was under the assumption he was going to die. Like I said, the penultimate scene makes more sense if you're under the assumption that both the characters knew they were going to die.

Seda

I sort of assumed Heathcliff purposefully took paralysis off of Asuna (yes, while he was fighting) with his admin powers, knowing Asuna would jump in to sacrifice herself, because he is a dick.

That's the only way I can rationalize it anyway.

kayos90

I'm reading the SAO Progressive manga and I really wish they went more into Asuna's background story prior to entering the game cuz it's actually pretty interesting. Her character is more rounded and fleshed out.

I sort of assumed Heathcliff purposefully took paralysis off of Asuna (yes, while he was fighting) with his admin powers, knowing Asuna would jump in to sacrifice herself, because he is a dick.

Asuna's love enabled her to break the paralysis to save her true love and father of her child, search your feelings Seda you know it be true

He died and he used his haxor existence and somehow overcame the system and killed Heathcliff. Sort of like how Asuna broke through paralysis to protect Kirito. rofl.

Alright. The anime didn't make it clear but the reason why that penultimate sequence, with Asuna and Kirito was done the way it was is because they both thought they were going to die. In reality, they did die in the game and as a result they would die. The only reason they didn't die right away was because they thought Akihiko let them live a little longer so they could talk, being the winners and all, and such. Kirito was surprised that he woke up in the real world because he was under the assumption he was going to die. Like I said, the penultimate scene makes more sense if you're under the assumption that both the characters knew they were going to die.

no, i mean like the whole "fall down and shatter and die" thing was only in Kirito's head. is that true?

kayos90 said:
It was last cuz there were people who couldn't follow directions and I DQed some entries.

so what you're telling me is that we need a third survey

kayos90

no, i mean like the whole "fall down and shatter and die" thing was only in Kirito's head. is that true?

Oh. That? Yes.

There are additions that exist that I don't remember ever existing in the LN and it's because the anime's an adaptation. Such as Sachi showing up when Kirito wakes up from the Gleam Eyes fight.

Oh. That? Yes.

There are additions that exist that I don't remember ever existing in the LN and it's because the anime's an adaptation. Such as Sachi showing up when Kirito wakes up from the Gleam Eyes fight.

yeah, so basically the show did a laughably poor job of portraying that. i still assume some bullshit was at work for Kirito to live long enough to hack away Kayaba's health meter, but the prime offender is the show making it seem like Kirito died and then brought himself back to life.

bigkrev

Sthap trying to rationalize the workings of a madman

Also, Gurren Lagen was in my Netflix queue forever, till it went off the service. I voted for it, hope to watch it with you guys.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom