• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
I expect Ship to be a small bump from Part 1 but nothing great. It's a nice, mostly relevant fit for the block for years though, which is nice.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Depending on how movie nights in December affect the schedule:

• Sword Art Online will be ending in early February (confirmed to have a new show replacement)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood will be ending in late February
  • Soul Eater will be ending in early March (confirmed to have a new show replacement)
SAO is ending only in feb?, thought it would be on much longer than that, we're only on episode 14 or so afterall.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I legitimately think people will think SAO is worse than King Star King once the second arc starts lol.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I legitimately think people will think SAO is worse than King Star King once the second arc starts lol.
Will they hate it because its really that stupid, or will they hate it because of moe~ and difference in culture? Or both?

mhs004

Will they hate it because its really that stupid, or will they hate it because of moe~ and difference in culture? Or both?

Think of everything wrong with with world condensed into an anime that you watch for around thirty minutes a week. That is the pile of shit that is the second half of SAO.

One day our ancestors will watch the second half of SAO. They will see us as idiot monsters and will look down upon us for the rest of history to the point were they erase our existence just because of an 26 episode anime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
they're saving GL for when they get KLK. Believe it
Oh god, the Gainax/Trigger hour. That would be amazing. Imagine if both their final episodes aired on the same night.

This is going to be an exciting few months with movies next month, premieres in Jan. & Feb.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The poll is done oddly. It should be one question, what show do you want to see next on the block and the choices should be GTO, TTGL, and whatever other crap you got on there. A simple majority takes it.

Those other questions are just there to harm the simple folk who only want a good show like GTO on the block and don't care about what gets removed when or what second choice show makes it. The people want one choice and by the responses in the thread that choice is GTO.

Despite how good it is I'd never vote for TTGL because it is a very likely Toonami candidate.

Cwarrior

kick heart

That was okay, I don't know why bass hates it, i hope it's not cause of it's lack of moe litte waifu or fan service.

When I saw mamoru oshii name on it I was expecting heavy handed pretentious diarrhea dialogue good thing that wasn't the case and he was only working as a consultant.

kayos90

The poll is done oddly. It should be one question, what show do you want to see next on the block and the choices should be GTO, TTGL, and whatever other crap you got on there. A simple majority takes it.

Those other questions are just there to harm the simple folk who only want a good show like GTO on the block and don't care about what gets removed when or what second choice show makes it. The people want one choice and by the responses in the thread that choice is GTO.

Despite how good it is I'd never vote for TTGL because it is a very likely Toonami candidate.

By having multiple choices it gives me a better idea of what shows they want to see. Not sure why you would think it harms anything at all. If anything, people who only voted for one thing harmed it since their entry got removed. If people wanted Onizuka, it would be evident even if it was under the 3-choice system.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
err no, allowing second and third choice shows when people clearly only want GTO is the problem here. Why would you ever put votes toward other shows when that only hurts the chances of seeing GTO on the block.

We the people demand and simple up or down. You can even put TTGL against it in a run off election since that is "the chosen show" by "the powers that be" and their disqualification of good honest voters who simply want the best for the block.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Yeah Funi confirmed they had the rights to AoT pretty much within the first month of the anime simulcasting in Japan, said the dub was coming in 2014. Space Dandy is also being dubbed by Funimation so it's not impossible for AoT dub to premier on Toonami.

It's possible but I rather doubt it. Currently the only dub premiers on Toonami is Bleach (and soon to be Space Dandy). Marketing wise it makes the most sense to do a dub premiere shortly before it's DVD/Blu-ray release. And since Funimation doesn't seem to be releasing the AoT dub anytime soon, I doubt it'll appear on Toonami soon.

Of course by the time Soul Eater ends in March-ish the AoT DVD could be close to release so...

kayos90

err no, allowing second and third choice shows when people clearly only want GTO is the problem here. Why would you ever put votes toward other shows when that only hurts the chances of seeing GTO on the block.

We the people demand and simple up or down. You can even put TTGL against it in a run off election since that is "the chosen show" by "the powers that be" and their disqualification of good honest voters who simply want the best for the block.

If people wanted GTO then they could've entered and put GTO as one and two other shows they're interested in #2 and #3. If enough people want to see GTO then they would put it in #1. Even if other people didn't have GTO as #1, they might put it in #2 and #3 and GTO would still win if there are enough votes for it. Not sure why you're so against it. What I'm seeing from your posts is that, you don't like the system and so you're biased, you're not really understanding why the votes are the way it is, and you're upset that GTO didn't win/isn't winning.

EDIT: Even if I accepted the DQed entries, GTO still wouldn't win. It would only beat out the 3 shows that are ahead. That's all.

I say we have a face-off between Gurren Lagann and GTO as Man God suggested. Yes, this is because I am horribly biased, but dammit I want some Onizuka and GL I think has a pretty decent shot at making it on Toonami :p

Tenumi

Banned

I'm anxious to see one of my friends reactions to SAO. He has thought that it's been fine, but he knew (through me) that it's supposedly going downhill around this point, so....

Sidenote: Can someone tell me where you're at with the pre-Toonami block?

Haruto unleashing his inner sexual beast. Now that I've seem episodes 11 and 12, kinda wish Haruto did that shit to Akira. Oh man, that would have been awkward as fuck

Was it as disturbing as Kirito's 2 years of built up passion?

Levyne

Banned
clearly I hadn't had enough to drink

(Watching a show in a browser I always get distracted :( , so easy just to new tab to something else)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom