• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Pour one out for OT7 boys and girls. It is gone tomorrow.

Goodbye OT7, we barely knew ye.

You were a victim of DST and some of the bad SAO episodes. You will be missed.

Fuck fuck fuck

My store is scheduling me 5pm - 1am only on Saturday nights for the rest of the month!!!!

:(

As if today wasn't enough of a reason for me to get a different job. Fuck this I ain't gonna drive an hour to be treated like crap and not be given the hours off I want

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Fuck fuck fuck

My store is scheduling me 5pm - 1am only on Saturday nights for the rest of the month!!!!

As if today wasn't enough of a reason for me to get a different job. Fuck this I ain't gonna drive an hour to be treated like crap and not be given the hours off I want

nooo D:

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fuck fuck fuck

I'm gonna miss you man....

Tenumi

Banned
Pour one out for OT7 boys and girls. It is gone tomorrow.

Goodbye OT7, we barely knew ye.

You were a victim of DST and some of the bad SAO episodes. You will be missed.

I was only here two nights this time and still amassed 146 posts. Goodbye OT7, by the time we reach this point in OT8, we'll be neck-deep in the SAO turdfest....

bigkrev

Qdoba sucks.

1337390011838.jpg

Stopped reading after the first 8 words

I can't even

How wrong can people actually be?

Amikami

Banned
Fuck fuck fuck

Fuck that! :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eh you'll be back in time for superior Toonami.

Sucks to be in management but not high enough to have influence over the scheduling. I got to such a position just outside of high school and it was the worst with no flexibility. For the end of my college years I eventually took a similar job with no managerial responsibility and less pay so I could get the hours I needed.

bigkrev

Fuck fuck fuck

Driving an hour each way? Fuck that

Levyne

Banned
Wow, that's exceedingly lame :(

My current "job" as a research assistant is pretty directionless and terrible, but I can kind of work when I want. Gonna suck to get a real job in a couple years.

It's not like I'm getting paid so much that it compensates the drive, in my crown victoria I takes me over an hour of work to cover the gas in miles it takes to drive one way. Means that of the 8 hours I work only 6 of them I get to keep the rest goes to gas, and of course I'm investing 2 hours in drive time as well.

I'm actually higher up the manager ladder at this new store, but this store doesn't care what hours you want or request if you're a manager you work those hours they give you and you can't switch em. My old store not only did they try to work around what the managers wanted but you could switch between mangers if you wanted.

Even if there wasn't the Toonami conflict, the fact is all these 2pm-10pm and 5pm-1am shifts mean I never get to see my family at all. I leave for work before they come home and they go to bed before I get home. Also the one friend who hasn't moved away in the 6 years since I last lived year works 3rd shift meaning he's sleeping while I'm awake and I'm working when he's awake.

After a really awful day of work combo'd with getting an even worse schedule, ugh the only reason I didn't quit tonight is I refuse to quit until I have another job lined up, which I will do everything in my power to find, I don't even care if it's part time/temp work just something to get me out of this crap hole.

bigkrev

It's not like I'm getting paid so much that it compensates the drive, in my crown victoria I takes me over an hour of work to cover the gas in miles it takes to drive one way. Means that of the 8 hours I work only 6 of them I get to keep the rest goes to gas, and of course I'm investing 2 hours in drive time as well.

I'm actually higher up the manager ladder at this new store, but this store doesn't care what hours you want or request if you're a manager you work those hours they give you and you can't switch em. My old store not only did they try to work around what the managers wanted but you could switch between mangers if you wanted.

Even if there wasn't the Toonami conflict, the fact is all these 2pm-10pm and 5pm-1am shifts mean I never get to see my family at all. I leave for work before they come home and they go to bed before I get home. Also the one friend who hasn't moved away in the 6 years since I last lived year works 3rd shift meaning he's sleeping while I'm awake and I'm working when he's awake.

After a really awful day of work combo'd with getting an even worse schedule, ugh the only reason I didn't quit tonight is I refuse to quit until I have another job lined up, which I will do everything in my power to find, I don't even care if it's part time/temp work just something to get me out of this crap hole.

Let this be a lesson folks- take out a TON of student lones (or have rich parents), and go to school for as long as humanly possible. Fuck masters degrees, get 3 PhD's. Basically, delay life as long as humanly possible!
and it probably makes getting an entry level job that makes you not want to kill yourself easier...

Let this be a lesson folks- take out a TON of student lones (or have rich parents), and go to school for as long as humanly possible. Fuck masters degrees, get 3 PhD's. Basically, delay life as long as humanly possible!
and it probably makes getting an entry level job that makes you not want to kill yourself easier...

I was supposed to be going to school... and then I had to move because my former boss/roommate fucked me over and left me without a place to live and less then a week to find a place.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I was supposed to be going to school... and then I had to move because my former boss/roommate fucked me over and left me without a place to live and less then a week to find a place.

Look on the bright side, this will make it that much easier to get an entry level position someplace you actually want to work when you do graduate.

Levyne

Banned
We're here for ya, Bass. Don't get too down. I know it might sound easy to simply just say that, but the sun always comes up tomorrow, right?

Feel free to vent here. Whatever helps, even in the smallest ways.

bigkrev

If worse comes to worse, just sell a Kidney on the black market. You only need 1 of those as long as you are careful, right?

Thanks everyone, I just filled out like 10 different applications online to various entry level jobs in my area full/part/temp. Will spend tomorrow morning driving around and looking for any local businesses with help wanted signs in the window. I also saw a sign as I was driving though the center of town with a "help wanted call _____" so I'll give that a shot tomorrow morning.

I knew this McDonald's job was only a temporary solution, but after the double whammy of getting screwed hard core and becoming the dinner/night manager I just can't do it. The worst thing is both people who didn't show up/quit were both primarily night managers, meaning I'm MORE likely to get night shifts if I stay at this store.

Tamanon

Banned
Guys, I think Cartoon Network has an identity problem. On a commercial break between Aqua Teens.....I just saw a commercial for a website for tweens to dress up fake dolls, followed immediately by a CougarLife.com commercial.....

:/

789shadow

Banned
Guys, I think Cartoon Network has an identity problem. On a commercial break between Aqua Teens.....I just saw a commercial for a website for tweens to dress up fake dolls, followed immediately by a CougarLife.com commercial.....

I guess they assume a lot of parents will be watching with their kids...........yeah that's it.

bigkrev

I'm supposed to masturbate to the doll one, right? That's how it works?

Cwarrior

I hate it because its an unfinished, unfunny, poorly animated, poorly acted, stupid, boring, and all around terrible anime that I can't believe I watched twice

I just watched twice myself once subbed and second time dubbed, I don't see anything to hate or love about it, it's just a shorts that's decent nothing much to latch on too.

the art style is quite remain cent of an old wrestling anime tiger mask, the animation isn't poor, now your beloved kill la kill anime now that's an example of mostly poor animation(dragging stills across the screen and looping still shots)

Levyne

Banned
For me, Moe's, Panchero's, Chipotle...I dunno..I can't really tell the difference. Surprises me when someone strongly prefers one over another because they seem 99% the same to me.

bigkrev

For me, Moe's, Panchero's, Chipotle...I dunno..I can't really tell the difference. Surprises me when someone strongly prefers one over another because they seem 99% the same to me.

Pancheros has the fresh tortilla advantage- it normally stays together and stays closed without any effort. Chipotle lacks queso sauce, the 1080p of burrito ingredients. Why would you eat a last gen burrito?

Why does this first thing that comes to my mind is Rocko's Modern Life?

"Gaze into my nipples of the future!"

Thank you, Really Really Big Man!

I still need to watch Kill la Kill 6...

NUDIST BEEEEEACH! Hardest I've laughed at an episode so far.

Pancheros has the fresh tortilla advantage- it normally stays together and stays closed without any effort. Chipotle lacks queso sauce, the 1080p of burrito ingredients. Why would you eat a last gen burrito?

And this is why it ranks at the bottom of my list, no queso no bueno

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just so you guys know, I have no idea what any of these restaurants are, Kinda heard the name chipotle or whatever, and I didnt even know moes was a real place but thats all.

It's a shame that I missed the reactions from folks watching "Firestarter" last week but that's okay. It's probably my least favorite episode of the series (it's still a good one though). Such a shame I won't be around for episode #3 "Marquis De Carabas". =[

I do love me a Ninamori episode.

EDIT: In case anyone is curious why I won't be around, I'm working early Sunday. For those seeing it for the first time, you're in for a real treat.

Just finished 230-236 of One Piece......this fucking show is tugging at my heartstrings really hard ;____;

and holy crap, didn't expect to be introduced to Franky so soon. What a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom