• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump addresses Charlottesville [Up: Trump's people force him to croak out "racism"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotHamBoy

Monday morning. He doesn't give a fuck.
54pP5LD.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

He's a sociopath.

And here we are #notalltrumpsupporters

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/13/54325...ed-for-unity-i-never-saw-obama-call-for-unity

A choice excerpt...

Close your eyes and imagine what a white Trump supporter from backwoods New York would say.

Word for word. Contrary to what you may think, the guy they interviewed wasn't David Wong

Jesse Watters and Sean Hannity have been putting in WORK to make marchers for equality on the same footing as marchers for white supremacy.

Sadly, this isn't new or different. Civil rights marchers have always been vilified in this country, they're only elevated to sainthood 20-30 years in retrospect.

HotHamBoy

From last night's show:

“Nazis are a lot like cats,” John Oliver said. “If they like you, it’s probably because you’re feeding them.”

Lime

Civil rights marchers have always been vilified in this country, they're only elevated to sainthood 20-30 years in retrospect.

Or they're appropriated and used as bludgeons against any protests. See MLK as the best example of this strategy of silencing protest that liberals and moderates are guilty of, or how Republicans admire MLK despite the fact that they're still all a bunch of racists.

Or they're appropriated and used as bludgeons against any protests. See MLK as the best example of this strategy of silencing protest that liberals and moderates are guilty of, or how Republicans admire MLK despite the fact that they're still all a bunch of racists.

Exactly. If MLK was still alive he would be hated.

Kusagari

I actually looked at some Gallup polls from the Civil Rights era a couple weeks ago.

A majority of whites didn't even approve of the peaceful protests until after MLK died. The vast majority thought sit-ins and the like were hurting their cause.

I actually looked at some Gallup polls from the Civil Rights era a couple weeks ago.

A majority of whites didn't even approve of the peaceful protests until after MLK died. The vast majority thought sit-ins and the like were hurting their cause.

They like order, even if it means the people protesting for a good cause need to keep quiet and not do anything. They want order over all else. The folks who say not to do something is only saying it because it might interrupt their little lives.

"Nana Ruth can't even get a sandwich because the Blacks are having a sit-in at Woolworth's!"

Pastry

Banned
The fascinating thing about the Trump tweets today is that it fits exactly into everyone's point that he has no problem attacking specifics unless it's white supremacists or Nazis.

openrob

You know, Trump, from my perspective, is a complete fool. I mean it's so obvious - but I have never really sat down to hear what he says directly, unfiltered by news/GAF/etc.

I watched his response regarding this incident and I learnt something about Trump. This guy is a bigger idiot than I ever thought possible. Forgetting the 'both sides' political stuff stuff. That was scripted. But you can see him go off piste half way through to randomly bring up himself and Obama, for no reason whatsoever. Then going on to say some poorly worded, elementary statement about little kids playing outside. Wat. IS. THIS GUY ON.

This guy is special.

What the president did not say in the last 48 hours is vastly more telling than what he did say.

Not alienating his voters. He knows that these people make up a significant portion of his supporters. Those that were out there to attend the event in earnest were the ones that weren't afraid to make their views known, but there are lots, lots more that stay at home, do their jobs, raise their kids, and silently vote Trump. He knows they're out there, and he won't speak ill of them.

As to him being a racist, neo-nazi wannabe demagogue...probably, but I think it's more accurate to say that he's an actual sociopath. Couldn't care less about anyone but himself, and is all for standing on a heap of wreckage to elevate himself.

Effect

The fascinating thing about the Trump tweets today is that it fits exactly into everyone's point that he has no problem attacking specifics unless it's white supremacists or Nazis.

Or Russia. He can attack anyone and everyone, even republicans. He has no problem mouthing off to a North Korea with Seoul, South Korea being within the kill range and first to go if something horrible happens. Yet he will not say a bad word directly about Russia, Putin, and white supremacist/Nazis. That's the group he walks around and is vague about. Everyone is seeing it.

Kusagari

Or Russia. He can attack anyone and everyone, even republicans. He has no problem mouthing off to a North Korea with Seoul, South Korea being within the kill range and first to go if something horrible happens. Yet he will not say a bad word directly about Russia, Putin, and white supremacist/Nazis. That's the group he walks around and is vague about. Everyone is seeing it.

Yeah, I was thinking this as it was happening. His reaction to Nazis/White Supremacists/Duke is so similar to Putin and Russia it's almost comical.

Even down to the way he'll "disavow" Duke or Putin when pushed.

And here we are #notalltrumpsupporters

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/13/54325...ed-for-unity-i-never-saw-obama-call-for-unity

A choice excerpt...

Close your eyes and imagine what a white Trump supporter from backwoods New York would say.

Word for word. Contrary to what you may think, the guy they interviewed wasn't David Wong

I'm White. White people aren't equal now? LMAO. These people aren't even on Earth anymore they are so far gone. Also well deserved jab.
The guy has a point white people arent treated equal, they've got privilege and it must suck so bad to be treated better than everyone else:/

Monday morning. He doesn't give a fuck.
54pP5LD.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
So he's skipping the trip to NYC? If so what a coward lol

berzeli

Banned
"I feel a responsibility to take a stand against intolerance."
Read the statement from Merck's CEO (for which Trump is now attacking him).
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) Aug 14, 2017
DA74TCe.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/897079051277537280

Fucking hell. It took trump less than an hour to denounce, call out, and name a CEO and his company doing something he perceives as mean to him. And he still hasn't called out the fucking nazis.

I know I shouldn't even be remotely surprised, but how the fuck can he continue to sink lower?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
not sure why anyone is surprised. I would have been more surprised if he had actually came out and condemned white supremacist nazis and their violence.

Could he be any more transparent? Calls out black CEO immediately for taking a principled stand, refuses to call out white supremacists at all. I mean...

megalowho

You know, Trump, from my perspective, is a complete fool. I mean it's so obvious - but I have never really sat down to hear what he says directly, unfiltered by news/GAF/etc.

I watched his response regarding this incident and I learnt something about Trump. This guy is a bigger idiot than I ever thought possible. Forgetting the 'both sides' political stuff stuff. That was scripted. But you can see him go off piste half way through to randomly bring up himself and Obama, for no reason whatsoever. Then going on to say some poorly worded, elementary statement about little kids playing outside. Wat. IS. THIS GUY ON.

This guy is special.
He proves how unfit he is for the office and how scattered and simple his mental capacity is whenever he speaks unprepared statements. It's the main reason I can't deal with Fake News/I don't trust the media responses to negative stories, you don't need a thinkpiece or a talking head to form an opinion on the guy when he's that painful to listen to unfiltered.

5taquitos

not sure why anyone is surprised. I would have been more surprised if he had actually came out and condemned white supremacist nazis and their violence.
I don't think anyone here is surprised.

Disheartened, disappointed, disgusted, and scared? Yeah.

But this shit is not surprising.

It took him hours to say anything about Charlottesville, and when he did, it was to basically victim blame after one of the Trump Youth committed a terrorist attack.

A black man calls him out? "Oh shit, I've gotta get to Twitter right now!".

This man is not only the worst President this country has had, he's the worst to hold any sort of public office period.

rjinaz

It took him hours to say anything about Charlottesville, and when he did, it was to basically victim blame after one of the Trump Youth committed a terrorist attack.

A black man calls him out? "Oh shit, I've gotta get to Twitter right now!".

This man is not only the worst President this country has had, he's the worst to hold any sort of public office period.

He really hates it when Black folks talk back to him doesn't he? Totally not racist though. Prove it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom