• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump addresses Charlottesville [Up: Trump's people force him to croak out "racism"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelus

Trump tells reporters he has a “very important meeting” scheduled along with a “pretty big” press conference.

Jesus fuck, my 8 year old brother's vocabulary and morality are orders of magnitude superior to the "President".

But I guess that stopped being a surprise, I guess like, a year ago.

brutal-germans-ww2-nazi-killing-squads-eisantzgruppen-004.jpg

White moderates in America be like "Both sides".
No, white racists be like "both sides." Whoever is out there saying both sides under the label of being a moderate is really just a racist moderate. Or just a racist. Every moderate I know is out against this - vehemently.

As one moderate friend of mine put it: "You (white supremacists) are not wanted. I'm usually all about exchanging ideas and respecting different opinions because most of them have at least *something* worth listening to, but in this case, no. Your bigotry and chest-beating bring nothing positive, constructive, or worthwhile to the table; as far as I'm concerned, the more you feel alienated or isolated for it, the better."

gcubed

And here we are #notalltrumpsupporters

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/13/54325...ed-for-unity-i-never-saw-obama-call-for-unity

A choice excerpt...

Close your eyes and imagine what a white Trump supporter from backwoods New York would say.

He says he hates the idea of neo-Nazis and recalls when growing up, he had friends who were black. But now he thinks the white guys he saw on his TV marching in Charlottesville have some reasonable arguments.

"This is a different white supremacy movement than before, because I don't think whites are saying, 'well we're better.' They're saying why can't we be treated all as equal?"

LaMothe thinks affirmative action programs should be scrapped. He also thinks neo-Nazis who sparked mayhem in Charlottesville are no worse than a lot of activist groups on the left. "I didn't hear anything from Barack Obama about Black Lives Matter and that was another hate group," he says.

Word for word. Contrary to what you may think, the guy they interviewed wasn't David Wong

rjinaz

"He's in a no win situation," LaMothe says. What he did do — and no one's giving him credit for that — he called for unity. I never saw Obama call for unity."

In fact, Barack Obama did call for national unity numerous times during his presidency, especially during times of racial conflict and violence. That message was often downplayed or ignored in much of the conservative media that shapes opinion in rural America.

UKqN4Ky.gif

gcubed

I mean, who would listen to what a black man had to say anyway.

But I don't like racists, just that they have valid viewpoints, but I had a black friend.

The guy is a walking caricature that I'm inclined to believe that the entire interview is fake because he flawlessly combines every piece of bullshit you could imagine.

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/13/54325...ed-for-unity-i-never-saw-obama-call-for-unity

A choice excerpt...

Close your eyes and imagine what a white Trump supporter from backwoods New York would say.

Word for word. Contrary to what you may think, the guy they interviewed wasn't David Wong

NPR Journalist: A bunch of white nazi are murdering people and threaten entire existence.... whose hot take should we get. I know, more white people! /s

Look I get from NPR's perspective there are still alot of liberals living in bubbles but maybe we should just stop giving people who put us in this mess a platform. Even if you find the non-racist trump supporter..... the fucking nazi are out there. Maybe someone whose lives are actually threatened by Nazi should be a more important interview? God knows that's not hard to find.

Wow of everything that has happened since the election, this "both sides" thing seems to the thing getting people(I personally know at least) to reexamine their side.

rjinaz

Wow of everything that has happened since the election, this "both sides" thing seems to the thing getting people(I personally know at least) to reexamine their side.

Yeah it really seems like there is at least a small crack. Many of the GOP and even right wing media are condemning Trump for not calling out the Nazis. I just worry it will just stay a crack instead of the whole shell crumbling once people move on from this in while. On the other hand, we still got 3 more years left with no doubt far more opportunities for cracking.

It's kind of pointless to expect Trump to address this shit for what it is; this is what he wants and it's how he got elected. He and his supporters are delighted.

A choice excerpt...

lol damn

when you're right, you're right

A choice excerpt...

I wonder if these NPR reporters have to just go into their cars and scream in frustration when they're done interviewing these gullible/ignorant/stupid/racist people. My brain feels like it split in two just reading what they said; I can't imagine hearing it directly from the idiots' mouths and seeing firsthand that people this stupid actually exist.

Yeah it really seems like there is at least a small crack. Many of the GOP and even right wing media are condemning Trump for not calling out the Nazis. I just worry it will just stay a crack instead of the whole shell crumbling once people move on from this in while. On the other hand, we still got 3 more years left with no doubt far more opportunities for cracking.

Hopefully.

Raxus

And this guy, Marvel and Stan Lee fought for decades to minimize his contributions and his role in the creation of Marvel heroes.

Jack Kirby was the fucking shit.

"Heard you talking shit" - Jack Mother Fucking Kirby

I think the events of the past few days showed us Nazis are the bottom feeding scum we thing they are. They find an enabler and come out of the woodwork but someone takes a stand against them and they scatter like the cockroaches they are.

Dipper145

Driving my brother home tonight he brought up this situation and mentioned how someone at his work said it's all really just about the removal of a historical statue and that history is important, and tried to argue that this was the actual reason. I was so shocked that I almost had to stop the car. Made me feel sick that someone in my family would believe those kinds of statements. (I also know the guy who said this to him, and I'm pretty sure there was more overt racism in his actual statements about the situation)

I tried to stay calm and after discussing it with him, he did agree that regardless of how it started, it has become a rally for terrible racist people. So it made me feel a little better about it. Still kind of sick to my stomach though thinking about it.

Apathy

A choice excerpt...

Man, these fucking people must think we're as dumb as they are. You either hate Nazis and what that stand for or you don't. End to sentence. You can't go "I hate Nazis, but...". No! Then you don't hate Nazis, you support them. They literally want to eradicate anyone that's not white, it's part of their core concepts on creation as a group. There are few things in this world that work in absolutes, but ww2 and the atrocities that Nazis committed have proven that the stance we should take with Nazis is one of those absolutes. So yeah, you're either against Nazis and their ideals or you're a fucking Nazi sympathiser.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Driving my brother home tonight he brought up this situation and mentioned how someone at his work said it's all really just about the removal of a historical statue and that history is important, and tried to argue that this was the actual reason. I was so shocked that I almost had to stop the car. Made me feel sick that someone in my family would believe those kinds of statements. (I also know the guy who said this to him, and I'm pretty sure there was more overt racism in his actual statements about the situation)

I tried to stay calm and after discussing it with him, he did agree that regardless of how it started, it has become a rally for terrible racist people. So it made me feel a little better about it. Still kind of sick to my stomach though thinking about it.

The statue wasn't even commissioned until more than 50 years after the war ended. It was commissioned shortly after second incarnation of the KKK was founded.

Cheerilee

All of Jack Kirby's stories ended with him killing four Nazis.

Exactly four.

Each time.

Wow.
I think he means that every one of his war stories (no matter the story) eventually steered it's way around towards the part where he killed four Nazis during the war, because he really hated Nazis and was particularly proud of the fact that he managed to kill four of them.

Not that every time he went out and did something interesting, he happened to come across and kill four more Nazis (like Chef's parents from South Park, where every story absurdly turns into another time that they met the Loch Ness Monster and it asked them for tree-fiddy).

Maledict

And it's a statue to a racist who fought to keep people enslaved! Even if the damn thing was made of gold by Michaelangelo it should be removed from the public space! Put it in a museum, with explanations as to the racism and background, if it's really that significant a piece of history. But don't celebrate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom