• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump addresses Charlottesville [Up: Trump's people force him to croak out "racism"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jviggy43

brutal-germans-ww2-nazi-killing-squads-eisantzgruppen-004.jpg

White moderates in America be like "Both sides".

tbm24

Fuck a petition. Trump was very clear on what his position was yesterday. Get him and the rest of his GOP cronies the fuck out.
That's why many are trying to force his hand either to say or, or if he holds firm and doesn't say shit, you e made a ton of campaign ads against him and republicans. That's how you get him out, short of mueller finishing his work.

Lev

Another spineless White House advisor backing up Trump's (lack of) a response:
https://youtu.be/gh7nWbfVYNQ

It's ridiculous the lengths that the White House is willing to go to uphold Donald Trump's shitty yet fragile public image. Nobody can logically defend Trump equating neo nazis and white supremacists clashing as being the same when counter protesters do so. This administration has so many cretins and shitheads that we don't know about because they're getting less press.

Clefargle

"M-muh both sides" can fuck off. The people on one side are literal Nazis proudly waving swastikas and saluting while shouting "Blood and Soil!"

I just had a friend argue with me on FB about whether nazis were more harmful than Islamist extremists. I was posting death count comparisons and he's calling me a "Muslim supremacist" that's where we find ourselves today

Mahonay

Banned
Racial tensions at the highest in a long long time, Russians engaging in a proxy war and threat of nuclear war, sure is the good old days.

Except now we've got climate change evidence and naturally - denying at the highest positions of power lmfao

But yes we don't have slavery or Jim crow laws
That's true, other than an increase of aggressive racism and bigotry, there's the newer phenomena of just flat out not believing in facts. FAKE NEWS. Which a good portion of can be directly blamed on Trump.

Climate change/global warming denial is so fucking stupid, obviously that's been going on for a while, but the people in charge of the EPA are climate deniers now which is fucking depressing.

iddqd

Thanks for the Soros update everyone, I never know if I should quit reading up on this stuff to save my sanity or if knowing about it makes me a more informed person (even if its being informed about bullshit).
A constant tight rope.

mike6467

Living in Colorado I was glad to see Cory Gardner actually stand up and take such a stance on this. I really didn't expect that.

Chris Evans‏ @ChrisEvans

MANY SIDES?!? Ive typed and deleted at least 8 tweets. Words simply arent strong enough to accurately describe how I feel about Donald Trump
Okay I know he wants to retire but Chris Evans will always be my captain America. He has the American Spirit more then most of us do.

Remember the uproar over Kapernick? We have people killing people in the streets, marching with torches and flying nazi salutes in the streets and we are supposed to just say oh well freedom of speech.

Fuuuuck that.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
That's why many are trying to force his hand either to say or, or if he holds firm and doesn't say shit, you e made a ton of campaign ads against him and republicans. That's how you get him out, short of mueller finishing his work.

Good point. Keep the pressure on, I see.

Fox is on his ass.

DHJa42JXkAEmYAX.jpg:large

I'm gonna fucking laugh if Trump tweets "THANK YOU NEO-NAZIS FOR YOUR SUPPORT" just because this dude praised him.

traveler

Not Wario

Probably the most precise and relevant critique of this whole response. You can't even give Trump the benefit of the doubt or lack of political experience excuse here, as it's always blatantly clear who he disapproves of.

Keep seeing right wing new sources drawing parallels between this and Obama's unuse of Radical Islamic Terrorism. :/

Okay I'm sure you are joking but please /s

That's like the least necessary /s ever...

Fox is on his ass.

DHJa42JXkAEmYAX.jpg:large

Don't get too excited. One of the co-hosts of Fox and Friends this morning compared these Nazi's to BLM and said that young white men feel like ‘Hey, I’m treated differently in this country than I feel like I should have. I’ve become a second-class citizen. None of it ― they tell me I have white privilege.'.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Racial tensions at the highest in a long long time, Russians engaging in a proxy war and threat of nuclear war, sure is the good old days.

Except now we've got climate change evidence and naturally - denying at the highest positions of power lmfao

But yes we don't have slavery or Jim crow laws
Any law can be a Jim Crow law if it's selectively enforced.

BFIB

If/When Trump does finally denounce, it'll be his

"Look, no one hates what happened in Charlottesville more than me, OK? No one. The loss of life, its sad, very, very sad. No one hates what happened there more than me."

I've learned that anytime he's forced to agree, or lie about agreeing, its always the "look, no one does x more than me, ok?" line.

Euron

Forget trying to force Trump to denounce the terrorists. He made his position known when he refused to denounce the Nazis that murdered American Citizens on American Soil. He knows his base. Nazis and Confederates are killing Americans and he still blames "both sides". He is irredeemable in any light.

shiba5

It doesn't matter if Trump comes out tomorrow with some mealy mouthed platitudes about how white supremacy is bad, bad, so very bad. Sad.
He already made it crystal clear how he thinks.

Somewhat OT, but I think this has finally broken me. My own mother "both sides" me today. Her father, who I never met because his PTSD killed him, fought Nazis in WWII, and she fucking both sides me.

Trump second worst thing this week was threatening nuclear war. Think about that for a second.

Every week is somehow worse than the last.

cameron

Orange coward.

Contrary to his announcement last week, no ‘pretty big press conference’ on POTUS schedule tomorrow

— Zeke Miller‏ (@ZekeJMiller) Aug 13, 2017

From Friday, August 11 (day before the attack), AP: Trump to hold press conference in DC Monday
President Donald Trump says he’s planning a press conference Monday in Washington— though it’s unclear what he plans to discuss.

Trump has been out of Washington all week for an extended working vacation at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf course. He’s set to return to Washington for a brief visit Monday.

Trump tells reporters he has a “very important meeting” scheduled along with a “pretty big” press conference. But he’s sharing no other details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom