• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump said he was going to donate $25k to the family of a dead soldier... Then didn't

kmfdmpig

What a despicable human being. His presidency is embarrassing and incredibly harmful. The electorate better trounce this POS (he's earned just three letters from POTUS) in 2020.

Chumly

To be fair, Obama has done a similar :(
This is dumb because it just reinforces trumps line of thinking (and trump supporters). Was obama out there bragging about what a good job he was doing or how he was better than every other president when it came to servicemen deaths??? No...

Trump brought this on himself by acting like an ass and bragging about how amazing he is that he calls all the time

Plus trump has an extensive history of pulling crap like this while obama has this one fuck up.

Flink

This is dumb because it just reinforces trumps line of thinking (and trump supporters). Was obama out there bragging about what a good job he was doing or how he was better than every other president when it came to servicemen deaths??? No...

Trump brought this on himself by acting like an ass and bragging about how amazing he is that he calls all the time

Plus trump has an extensive history of pulling crap like this while obama has this one fuck up.

Maybe, but quite a few people were out for blood/in disbelief the minute I made such a statement, which I think is a bit telling. The same people who are pissing on Trump for this, DIDN'T EVEN KNOW Obama did similar. I find that to be an issue.

Trump is def a POS. It's established. But I don't think the hyperbole sparked by this particular situation, especially when similar was passed as a simple "oopsie!" by Obama, is all that warranted. Picking battles and all that.

I still wish more light would shine on his little homophobic speech last week. The more Trump is picked on for minor/similar things Obama pretty much got away with, the more idiot Trump supporters will start to just view it as bullying. Or "fake news." So, when people try to bring to light MAJOR shit like homophobia crap, no one takes it seriously.

Again, picking battles and all that.

Chumly

Maybe, but quite a few people were out for blood/in disbelief the minute I made such a statement, which I think is a bit telling. The same people who are pissing on Trump for this, DIDN'T EVEN KNOW Obama did similar. I find that to be an issue.

Trump is def a POS. It's established. But I don't think the hyperbole sparked by this particular situation, especially when similar was passed as a simple "oopsie!" by Obama, is all that warranted. Picking battles and all that.

I still wish more light would shine on his little homophobic speech last week. The more Trump is picked on for minor/similar things Obama pretty much got away with, the more idiot Trump supporters will start to just view it as bullying. Or "fake news." So, when people try to bring to light MAJOR shit like homophobia crap, no one takes it seriously.

Again, picking battles and all that.
Obama had a history of doing this? I must have missed that. Your reinforcing the idea that obama got away with this which is flat out false.

When did obama act like trump the past three days. I must have missed that also.

False equivalenccies help nobody. We already have a thread on his speech so I suggest you go promote it.

Flink

Obama had a history of doing this? I must have missed that. Your reinforcing the idea that obama got away with this which is flat out false.

When did obama act like trump the past three days. I must have missed that also.

False equivalenccies help nobody. We already have a thread on his speech so I suggest you go promote it.

Not a history, but he's done it. He's promised a donation that he did not follow through on until 17 months later. This was news to several in this thread.

Obama has done plenty of shady things, but mostly pretty minor. On the great scale of things, this recent donation crap, imo, falls into the minor range.

dohdough

Not a history, but he's done it. He's promised a donation that he did not follow through on until 17 months later. This was news to several in this thread.

Obama has done plenty of shady things, but mostly pretty minor. On the great scale of things, this recent donation crap, imo, falls into the minor range.

Your argument is total a false equivalence. These types of actions were atypical for Obama, but for Trump, it was literally another Tuesday. If someone screws up at work once in a while, but generally does a better than average job a vast majority of the time, you let it go because you know that they're not typically a screw up. If someone else is constantly screwing up basic stuff, you're going to be on their ass to try and straighten them out.

Shitty behavior should not be acceptable as your baseline. Dismissing it as minor because someone else did it doesn't make it any less meaningless.

Flink

Your argument is total a false equivalence. These types of actions were atypical for Obama, but for Trump, it was literally another Tuesday. If someone screws up at work once in a while, but generally does a better than average job a vast majority of the time, you let it go because you know that they're not typically a screw up. If someone else is constantly screwing up basic stuff, you're going to be on their ass to try and straighten them out.

Shitty behavior should not be acceptable as your baseline. Dismissing it as minor because someone else did it doesn't make it any less meaningless.

Like I said, I believe Obama did a bunch of minor shady stuff. Minor. Just like this. It's not minor BECAUSE someone else did it, it's just minor in general.

Plus, it was corrected. In far less than 17 months.

Icolin

Banned
Today's episode of The White House is their take on The Office's Scott's Tots episode.
Somehow they really managed to top it through in sheer cringe and sadness.

tumblr_mbjks0baU01rbrwnpo1_500.jpg

I love this episode because of how much it scarred me. It's so damn uncomfortable to watch.

Chumly

Like I said, I believe Obama did a bunch of minor shady stuff. Minor. Just like this. It's not minor BECAUSE someone else did it, it's just minor in general.

You sound like every trump supporter I know. Bu bu bu obama!!! If your not a secret trump supporter then stop acting like one. Stop bring up minor so called “shady” obama stuff as you describe it when we have had an absolute shit show the past three days with trump. False equivalencies don’t help anyone and only help trump supporters

dohdough

Let me put it another way:

It's not the act itself, but the compounding of terrible actions that get worse over time. This is why no one really made it a huge deal when you posted the article about Obama doing it and why Trump is getting raked over it. Again, It's the pattern of shitty behavior; not the act.

You sound like every trump supporter I know. Bu bu bu obama!!! If your not a secret trump supporter then stop acting like one. Stop bring up minor so called “shady” obama stuff as you describe it when we have had an absolute shit show the past three days with trump. False equivalencies don’t help anyone and only help trump supporters

It's a complete non-sequitur.

Trump made an insane claim. He diverted attention away from it, people followed the trail.

Rinse and repeat.

The issue is that he keeps making insane claims.

They are the ramblings of a crazy person. Even if you can find instances of those rantings being right.

Top Bottom