• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top Republican operative suggests Trump is flip flopping to help family business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump’s three oldest children — Donald Jr., Ivanka and Eric — and Kushner have been frustrated by the impression of chaos inside the White House and feel that their father has not always been served well by his senior staff, according to people with knowledge of their sentiments. The Trump heirs are interested in any changes that might help resuscitate the presidency and preserve the family’s name at a time when they are trying to expand the Trump Organization’s portfolio of hotels.

“The fundamental assessment is that if they want to win the White House in 2020, they’re not going to do it the way they did in 2016, because the family brand would not sustain the collateral damage,” said one well-connected Republican operative, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the president’s family. “It would be so protectionist, nationalist and backward-looking that they’d only be able to build in Oklahoma City or the Ozarks.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...a742a6e93a7_story.html?utm_term=.6abde7ba40ab

This is an incredible story about Bannon's almost sure upcoming firing that cites 21 (TWENTY ONE) people and sources. But included in this story about Bannon is that Trump is abandoning his (admittedly stupid) anti-globalization policies to help his hotel line.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Boke1879

These people only care about their name and themselves.

This also makes sense as to why Trump is trying to distance himself from Bannon.

I do wonder. If Bannon is fired. What he'll do. Will he go scorched Earth on Trump?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

This also makes sense as to why Trump is trying to distance himself from Bannon.

I do wonder. If Bannon is fired. What he'll do. Will he go scorched Earth on Trump?

i dont see how he doesnt

Bannon called Kushner a (((globalist))) and cuckold so I think that yes, he will go scorched Earth on Trump.

It's gonna get fucking wild at Breitbart in four months.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Once Bannon is ousted we'll see how ideological he really is.

Will he go quietly or go full Alex Jones batshit?

Slime

Banned
I wish I could say I have faith in the American people and the press to see through a Trump "pivot," but I dunno.

Ekdrm2d1

Looks like we were wrong about Trump.
http://imgur.com/gallery/bGPgU
QacGsbP.jpg

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Yes media keep posting about how x amount of sources say Bannon will be fired so he keeps him on the staff in spite of that

Every. Fucking Day.

When I think of how Trump tricked us...how he played with our feelings and then abandoned us...makes me realize this whole alt-right movement is dead. Might as well not even care about politics anymore...

Just let it go...White men have lost. There is no hope. Trump was supposed to save us...

comment from unsavory conservative site that I can't help but read because I'm so fascinated by the alt-right populist movement

Sblargh

Banned
It's big business vs the Nazi. Let them fight. This was super obvious this was going to happen. How is anyone shocked?

I am shocked that is already happening. It's still April of the first year. By the end of the year, he will be so standard republican might as well have Cruz take over for the rest.

I was sure he wasn't going to be a military isolacionist, but I thought he would wait for a terrorist attack on american soil first. Nope, he just went full Hillary on Syria out of nowhere. Now firing Bannon already?

He basically gave up.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
comment from unsavory conservative site that I can't help but read because I'm so fascinated by the alt-right populist movement

Yesss. It gives me strength.

Trump can't survive as a neoconservative. He soon won't have a home and will be a lame duck in his own party.

Hopefully after 2018 they'll start talking about primarying him out and tear the party apart.

Who would have thought Trump's enormous conflicts of interests would be what saves us from Trump's enormous conflicts of interests?

Once Bannon is ousted we'll see how ideological he really is.

Will he go quietly or go full Alex Jones batshit?

He'll still have Miller around and Sessions as his AG. Sessions believes the same insane shit Bannon does and Miller was his aide for years. He's just not as overt about it.

Armaros

He'll still have Miller around and Sessions as his AG. Sessions believes the same insane shit Bannon does and Miller was his aide for years. He's just not as overt about it.

Miller knows enough to suck up to Trump. See his 'the President will not be questioned' talk

ZOONAMI

Who would have thought Trump's enormous conflicts of interests would be what saves us from Trump's enormous conflicts of interests?

But... that doesn't even make sense. It's almost outright admitting they want to shape policy to help their businesses, which isn't a good thing. It might be better than a Bannon administration but that isn't saying much. It's like can we just be corrupt and not outright crazy dad, please?

Bannon will be paid handsomely for his silence once he's ousted and by the time 2020 rolls around the Trumps will be one of the wealthiest families in America, mostly at the expense of American taxpayers.

His supporters will just say it's proof that he's a great businessman though.

But... that doesn't even make sense. It's almost outright admitting they want to shape policy to help their businesses, which isn't a good thing. It might be better than a Bannon administration but that isn't saying much. It's like can we just be corrupt and not outright crazy dad, please?

Listen: a decent, working America is obviously a bridge too far as long as we have to bow to the whims of the rural states.

The best we can hope for is they just push their "bending over as far as possible for big business interests" agenda on the country, rather than their "bleach the populace" agenda.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Now we just need to convince Trump his kids are gunning to usurp and replace him or how they're the real brains behind the operation and Trump is a fool and hopefully he'll disown them.

youdontsay.jpg

The idea of a silver spoon elite being the crux of a global reactionary movement should have tipped some people off...

wildfire

Banned

It took you this long to figure out how a monkey paw works?

wildfire

Banned
Whats with the parenthesis?

It is the traditional way for anti Semites to display their racism in text.

Now we just need to convince Trump his kids are gunning to usurp and replace him or how they're the real brains behind the operation and Trump is a fool and hopefully he'll disown them.

And only be left with Tiffany? I don't think Trump would gamble disowning his favored son and daughter over his least favorite child.

Derwind

I hope Trump burns every bridge he has by 2020 so he'll be alone and out in the open like a fluttering rag.

I mean, if he doesn't get impeached before then that is.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
It is the traditional way for anti Semites to display their racism in text.

And only be left with Tiffany? I don't think Trump would gamble disowning his favored son and daughter over his least favorite child.

I figure he loses his mind after this point and starts taking advice from his stapler or something.

So how long till bannon is fired/resigns?

The parenthesis were an alt-right/neo-nazi method of marking the names of Jewish people on twitter/elsewhere. There was some browser extension that had something to do with it, too.

Was sort of 'taken back' by people purposely adding them to their names on Twitter and elsewhere.

So how long till bannon is fired/resigns?

"Globalist" when used by Nazis means "Jewish."

(((name))) was how Nazis decided to point out Jewish persons online until Jewish people caught on.

So (((Globalists))) is trying to point out that "Globalists" just means "those fucking Jews!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom