• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Yorker: Trump, joking about Pence on gays: “he wants to hang them all!“

Mahonay

Banned
Fuck you, you horrible piece of shit. Special place in hell for you and Pence. Maybe we should hang you instead for treason.

Miles X

Honestly I'm not sure he is. I think he just doesn't give a fuck and is happy to tow the Republican line. Which isn't really any better, of course, but I guess it's a distinction your friend believes matters.

I used to think that, and I don't entirely buy into the "if you don't say anything you're complicit" buuut, I get the feeling he's a casual homophobe. Still, he's the president and him attending hate group meetings and even entertaining Pence is disgusting. He's definitely more racist than he is homophobic, not that that'll save us.

Isn't there a gay guy in Trumps administration? I wonder how him and Pence get on ...

jelly

I used to think that, and I don't entirely buy into the "if you don't say anything you're complicit" buuut, I get the feeling he's a casual homophobe. Still, he's the president and him attending hate group meetings and even entertaining Pence is disgusting. He's definitely more racist than he is homophobic, not that that'll save us.

Isn't there a gay guy in Trumps administration? I wonder how him and Pence get on ...

Can't be left alone in the same room together, Pence might attempt to strike up relations.

Ever

Banned
f5b.jpg

I mean, this is why I strongly doubt that Pence is actually any better than Trump except for people who place a disturbingly high value on the appearance of propriety. Policy wise Pence is going to be at least as bad (and far more likely to get legislation through).

Africanus

I hope you all read the entire article, it actually gave a very detailed perspective on the governor of my neighboring state.
The scariest part is that that little quip wasn’t even the worst thing in it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Pence was probably thinking "well deserved" when the mass shooting happened in Orlando.

The whole Trump administration is a shitshow. Even if Trump leave, it won't be over.

ApharmdX

Banned
After the gays, the Jews and the blacks.

Hilarious!

In fairness, Pence needs the Jews. Or else the Rapture will never arrive!

The blacks and the browns, though, yes, the Republicans can do without them.

As crazy as it is to say, between Trump and Pence Trump is the lesser evil.

He just might be. Trump's own personal beliefs on social issues seem to be fairly liberal (you can see that come through in the OP's article), though as a politician he has been as conservative as they come with regards to policy. Pence is just a fundamentalist bigot who has a poorly-disguised hatred of LGBT Americans.

ApharmdX

Banned
I'm well aware of the Christian Zionists, they don't give a shit about the Jews. They only need all Jews to return to Israel for the "Rapture" then they can burn just like everyone else.

Oh, you're absolutely right about the Christian Zionists. At their core, they are as antisemitic as it gets, I truly believe that. And so they are allies of convenience for Israel.

But that's another topic.

I read it as "he wants to bang them all".

Anyways, on topic: Trump and the admin are pure trash. I hope he doesn't get re-elected. 😑

Feels like this came out just to make Pence look worse to people than Trump, so that people might think twice about wanting Trump out. We screwed either way.

DavidDesu

Jesus Christ. No filter. Only absolute fools or dictators would speak so brazenly like this. Crazy how quickly unspeakable things like this can be normalised and no one bats an eye. Imagine anyone in Obama's administration nevermind Obama himself saying anything like this (or dare I say it "all gun owners should be shot, lol").

Skunkers

I mean, this is why I strongly doubt that Pence is actually any better than Trump except for people who place a disturbingly high value on the appearance of propriety. Policy wise Pence is going to be at least as bad (and far more likely to get legislation through).

Disagree. Pence is still terrible because of his policies, the problem with Trump is we’re still getting most of that shit, But in ADDITION he’s blowing up our government and standing in the world in general by assigning people just as unqualified as he is to key government roles and his cabinet, blowing up trade agreements because he’s an insular dumbass who doesn’t know any better, blowing up foreign relations with Iran and NK for no real reason other than he doesn’t like them or perhaps actively wants a war. And on and on and on.

The root issue is he’s an unqualified dumbass, the balance to that equation *should be* a cabinet and administration of advisors who would give him direction on what is or isn’t a good move. But he doesn’t have that because he installed a cabinet comprised mostly of favorites who equally have no idea what they are doing or actively wanted to undermine those departments in the first place (with few exceptions).

I’d almost take literally any other Republican over Trump any day, if only because the damage being done to foreign policy and the office of the presidency far outweighs what little difference there would be between his administration and theirs.

Pence would be government by the Kochs. The kochs don't want nuclear war

Top Bottom