• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Satire) New Yorker: Pence Recaptured Afte Fleeing Trump Campaign Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaidenZR

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/pence-recaptured-after-fleeing-trump-campaign-bus

NEW YORKER said:
Calling it a “scary moment” and a “close call,” Donald Trump’s campaign officials confirmed that they had recaptured Mike Pence after the Indiana governor attempted to flee the campaign bus in the early hours of Friday morning.

According to the campaign, Pence had asked to stop at a McDonald’s in rural Virginia so that he could use the bathroom, but aides grew concerned when the governor failed to reappear after twenty minutes...

After forty-five minutes of searching, however, campaign officials located a bedraggled and dazed Pence walking along Virginia State Route 287, where the Republican Vice-Presidential nominee was attempting unsuccessfully to hitch a ride.

A confrontation that Trump aides characterized as “tense” ensued, after which a sobbing Pence returned to the bus

Edit: Satire. I'm a moron.

Reportedly, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie offered to fill in for Pence in the event that he became unable to fulfill his duties. That offer was declined.

Christie can never catch a break.

Edit: damn.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I think it really says something about the absolute chaos of the current election that people were able to easily assume this story was real.

Honestly, I can't even blame them.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Not at all!
LMCn3DOdHik5od30Q5YNSYSao1_1280.png

Crayons

Banned
I love how real life has become satire and politics in the US is so ridiculous that you can read a satire article and think it's true

Goddamn OP. This is the definition of not really looking or thinking about the piece before running to start a thread for it because of confirmation bias.

androvsky

I already apologized. I've just read so much ridiculous crap this election cycle- on all sides.

To be fair, this would've been one of the tamest, least nutty news stories to come out the the Tump campaign.

I don't know how you could finish reading the first sentence of that article and not realize it's satire.
Seriously, why would anyone in the Trump campaign need to ask to stop at a McDonald's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom