• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Yorker: Trump, joking about Pence on gays: “he wants to hang them all!“

kmax

Dude calls his own wife "mother".

Of course he wants to "hang all gays". He's as homophobic, conservative and religious as you can be.

Better burn down the White House when all of these fuckers finally leave, just to be sure there's nothing left of them in that place.

In a lot of countries a remark like this would be a reason for a vote of no-confidence and new elections. In the US it is just another day.

Our system of government is antiquated and more and more everyday I think it is closer to failing. I just hope the fallout will be mostly contained to our borders. I don't believe it will be though and I am deeply saddened by that.

Foffy

Banned
If you can't electrocute the gay out of them, why not just stop their blood flow with a noose?

What a world. :/

airkisslong.gif

RDreamer

How the fuck is shit like this not making more noise?

Because there's too much noise. Trump and his administration is nothing but noise. That's the issue. We can't focus on anything. Things that get brushed over because they're like the 5th or 6th scary/crazy thing that's happened that day would have been week long talking points for Obama or Bush or literally anyone else.

Game-Biz

Sounds about right. Pence is a horrendous piece of shit.

That poster is talking about Pence, not Trump.

Pence is really religious. Trump is play acting for votes.

Yep. Trump couldn't care less, whatever gets him more votes.

But, Pence? Nah, he's as religious as they come.

Really not surprised. As awful as Trump is, Pence and the party behind Trump is a 1000x worse. It's why any effort towards impeachment feels so futile.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Lol he's not religious. Hes playing to his base.

Receipts?

This is why I always wonder why people want Trump impeached. If he did get impreached, wouldn't we end up with President Pence, who may be a bit less vocal about being a piece of shit, but at the same time being one all the more and likely much more effective than Trump, as well? Having Trump out of the picture would just make matters worse for at least Americans, if the alternative is Pence.

RDreamer

Receipts?

This is why I always wonder why people want Trump impeached. If he did get impreached, wouldn't we end up with President Pence, who may be a bit less vocal about being a piece of shit, but at the same time being one all the more and likely much more effective than Trump, as well? Having Trump out of the picture would just make matters worse for at least Americans, if the alternative is Pence.

A party doesn't have the top of the ticket ousted in disgrace and become more effective.

That's just not how politics work. You need significant leverage to get anything done. Pence would be a lame duck while Republicans are forced to either distance themselves or tepidly wait and see what Trump did to their numbers.

Trump is a hollow conman. A wannabe mobster.

Pence is a skillful hatemonger...an evangelical white nationalist zealot.

I have no doubt that Pence would be much more effective as president in terms of making terrible shit happen.

RDreamer

Why do people really think Pence would be that much more effective anyway? Even outside the fact that if Trump were ousted that would put a major mark on every republican, Pence was thrown in with Trump because he was basically so disgraced he didn't have much of a political future ahead of him. He had nothing to lose. Thinking he's some sort of skillful mastermind is kind of ridiculous. He had really low approval ratings in Indiana.

Neoweee

well since we couldn't have bernie, at least it's not hillary right lbgt community?

The LGBT community was vastly pro-Hillary, even during the primary. By, like, a lot.

EDIT: I could have misread this, and your intent was to imply that LGBT people got thrown under the bus by "progressives".

It doesn't matter. None of this does. It only contributes another 3 sentences to the books we could all write about these piles of garbage.

We've established time and time again that this administration doesn't give a fuck about people of color, the lgbtq+ community, or women.

They will say and do all the disgusting things we know they are capable of and their privilege + power will keep them safe.

Did any homosexuals actually endorse / publicly vote for trump? We already know that tons of women could look the other way on the locker room talk. You’d think he would have gotten 0% support of the gay community, women, minorities.... but if that was really the case I doubt he’d be president

To some people, their money and/or bigotry is that much more important to them than their sexuality or community.

bufkus

Receipts?

No reason to be worried about this. Pence is compromised by the Russian stuff too and would likely get impeached as well.

Top Bottom