• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Yorker: Trump, joking about Pence on gays: “he wants to hang them all!“

GodofWine

So many people fell for these guys' bullshit, its amazing...how did the LGBT ever for a moment support these guys. How they pulled a decent percent of women's votes, no clue...Hispanic votes, Black votes...like what did they see in these guys.

barik

tenor.gif

we got jokes y'all

And another thing, what kind of President jokes about someone hanging gay people? THIS IS NOT NORMAL! ABORT! IMPEACH!

As a gay man myself this infuriates me.

Society would rather scurry around looking for normalcy instead of facing the reality that we're in an objectively bizarre situation that should not ever be normalized.

Shadybiz

Wow, what a hilarious joke.

...I will forever assume that around 50% of people who voted in this election are stupid, easily duped, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, uninformed, or a combination of those things.

Future

How is it possible that 50% of a country's population votes in someone like this.

Even though people will try to correct you and say that a much smaller percentage actually voted, that percentage is still near equal than anyone with an opposing view point that found it important to vote against this man. Still pretty damning in the end.

The wolves were approaching the White House most people were like “it’s cool”

Hylian7

How is it possible that 50% of a country's population votes in someone like this.

They didn't: Thanks Electoral College.

That said, it's still a major issue that as many people as they did voted for this guy. I know many people, myself included said this before the election happened: Even if Hillary won, we still need to address the issue that tons of people were so easily swayed by someone like Trump.

RDreamer

I mean, less people overall voted for him, so maybe even a little less than 50%? Silver lining?

Whoops, I read your original post wrong. Thought it said 50% of Trump's vote, not 50% of overall vote.

Carry on.

Hateful assholes that would rather run into your house to rob you while your house is burning down rather than pay taxes to hire firefighters?

Probably the best metaphor for the modern day GOP I've seen.

I'm assuming this wasn't captured on video.

Every day is awful. 2016 sucked just because a lot of people we liked passed away, but at least we still have their good things. 2017 is truly awful.

Shauni

Even though people will try to correct you and say that a much smaller percentage actually voted, that percentage is still near equal than anyone with an opposing view point that found it important to vote against this man. Still pretty damning in the end.

The wolves were approaching the White House most people were like “it’s cool”

No one 'tried' to correct him, they did, because he was talking about people who actually voted obviously. But yes, this is a good point, doubly so since you chose to edit out what basically shit on everyone who actually did vote against this.

Did any homosexuals actually endorse / publicly vote for trump? We already know that tons of women could look the other way on the locker room talk. You’d think he would have gotten 0% support of the gay community, women, minorities.... but if that was really the case I doubt he’d be president

Milo wouldn't stfu about Trump.

daveo42

Banned
From the New Yorkers’ The Danger of President Pence

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/23/the-danger-of-president-pence

These are the things the current President jokes about his own Vice President.

"Hahahaha jokes hang them all I'm a funny guy I would never do that they are an abomination Freedom for all as I say only if you're christian"

Pence is a known quantity, which makes him insanely better than Trump, but Pence is also a nightmare when it comes to any sort of progress established in the past 50 years.

Sai-kun

Banned
Did any homosexuals actually endorse / publicly vote for trump? We already know that tons of women could look the other way on the locker room talk. You’d think he would have gotten 0% support of the gay community, women, minorities.... but if that was really the case I doubt he’d be president

c a i t l y n

Miles X

So many people fell for these guys' bullshit, its amazing...how did the LGBT ever for a moment support these guys. How they pulled a decent percent of women's votes, no clue...Hispanic votes, Black votes...like what did they see in these guys.

I have a friend that still asks for evidence Trump is anti gay .... I gave up trying.

HylianTom

Banned
What especially pisses me off are the Rob Portmans and the Cheneys of the country. If you ask these voters whether they are in favor of equality for their loved ones, they’ll answer yes.

But then, when the time comes to pick a side, they’re willing to sell their loved ones out for a chance at tax cuts. Absolutely despicable. I don’t get how you can claim you love someone and then belong to a party that thinks your loved one is subhuman. It does not compute.

Madness

Pence is a reminder of what the GOP is at its core - in every way.

And yet some people are so adamant to have Trump impeached so that a man who his superior says 'wants all the gays' to be hanged comes into power.

Just crazy that the President of the United States would even joke about this.

I have a friend that still asks for evidence Trump is anti gay .... I gave up trying.

Honestly I'm not sure he is. I think he just doesn't give a fuck and is happy to tow the Republican line. Which isn't really any better, of course, but I guess it's a distinction your friend believes matters.

Brandson

Democrats need to be out there on a daily basis loudly reminding the public about stuff like this like the Republicans do when the tables are turned. The government openly discriminating against its own people is something that should be rather easy to get people upset about. It should be a lot easier to make mountains out of actual mountains than the molehills Republicans blow up about all the time.

Shauni

And yet some people are so adamant to have Trump impeached so that a man who his superior says 'wants all the gays' to be hanged comes into power.

Just crazy that the President of the United States would even joke about this.

This myth you guys are crafting of Pence being worse than Trump is so ridiculous. It's like none of you people are paying attention to what is happening.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It seems like they really nailed the Trump-Pence relationship on The President Show.

dan2026

I think you might be better off with Trump.

At least Trump is stupid and incompetent. Pence just sounds like an evil arsehole.

Republicans are the absolute rock-bottom worst at comedy. "He wants to murder gay people! Did you hear what I said to Tony? I said to Tony 'he wants to murder gay people!' It's funny 'cause it's true."

Top Bottom