• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Yorker: Trump, joking about Pence on gays: “he wants to hang them all!“

Please stop.

Not sure which part is so offensive and I'm not trying to be. A recent study that got some traction here on Gaf posited that certain facial features were indicators that a person was more likely than not to be homosexual.

The study said:
The researchers say that homosexual men were found to have narrower jaws, longer noses, larger foreheads and less facial hair than heterosexual men

Describes pence no?

In normal circumstances id agree that discussions like this are unnecessary and terrible but for a person who wants to do terrible harm to the rights of the LGBT community I don't think it's verboten to examine all of their possible motives and you can't rule out self loathing closeted gay man The fact that the closeted gay Christian republican has become a trope these days tells you all you need to know.

Not sure which part is so offensive and I'm not trying to be.

The part that frustrates and offends people is the perpetuation that the worst and most dangerous people for their community are somehow mostly people that belong in their community. Saying that bigoted politician after bigoted politician is just another angry closet case distracts from the fact that there are families, communities and megachurches full of people who think the exact same way as Pence and aren’t all gay. There are 100% straight cisgender people who want to hang gay people too. Angry self haters aren’t the only people who want a violent end for LGBTQ+ peoples. The reason it’s a trope doesn’t have to do with it being an epidemic but because the irony makes it memorable.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Not sure which part is so offensive and I'm not trying to be. A recent study that got some traction here on Gaf posited that certain facial features were indicators that a person was more likely than not to be homosexual.

Describes pence no?

In normal circumstances id agree that discussions like this are unnecessary and terrible but for a person who wants to do terrible harm to the rights of the LGBT community I don't think it's verboten to examine all of their possible motives and you can't rule out self loathing closeted gay man The fact that the closeted gay Christian republican has become a trope these days tells you all you need to know.

Dude...phrenology is dead. The Nazis used it to justify tbeir perveted view of science.

I gurantee there are huge flaws and replication errors of that said study.

Monocle

Utterly sick. I'm counting the days until this vile administration is brought to justice. A populist ticket swept into office by a surge of white nationalism and the manipulations of a hostile foreign power is a horror story the US can't afford to repeat again.

Dude...phrenology is dead. The Nazis used it to justify tbeir perveted view of science.

I gurantee there are huge flaws and replication errors of that said study.

Facial recognition software is very different from eugenics that were designed specifically by and for racists. Are you saying the people behind this study are homophobes? The study confirmed the theory that same sex preferences are at least partially rooted in prenatal biology. I don't know how public they plan to make the study but you're right insofar as it has not been replicated.

Nev

Banned
Fucking scum.

I bet that fucking piece of garbage is dying to get the dick deep inside his hateful closeted half-brain.

HotHamBoy

Republicans figured out long ago that you can appeal to people's darker sides under the guise of religious righteousness, national pride and family values while undermining progress by calling it an attack and unpatriotic.

Pretty hard to fight.

HotHamBoy

but enough to make him president

Trump

Hillary

Yeah, she won the pop vote... by 4.3%

Roughly 63 MILLION PEOPLE voted for Trump.

Wikipedia says the voter turnout was 54%. That's pathetic. Yeah, the absentees didn't vote for Trump but they didn't vote against him, either.

I bet plenty of non-voters boo hoo everyday on their Twitter feeds and Facebook. GAF, too. Fucking get involved IRL. The simple act of going to the god damn polls can make a huge difference, it's really not that big of an inconvenience compared to having Trump and his ilk in power.

The country is mostly shit.

platocplx

Trump

Hillary

Wikipedia says the voter turnout was 54%. That's pathetic. Yeah, the absentees didn't vote for Trump but they didn't vote against him, either.

I bet plenty of non-voters boo hoo everyday on their Twitter feeds and Facebook. GAF, too. Fucking get involved IRL. The simple act of going to the god damn polls can make a huge difference, it's really not that big of an inconvenience compared to having Trump and his ilk in power.

Let me even build on this.

Trump won
Wisconsin 27k votes
Michigan 11k votes
Pennsylvania 68k votes

Literally 100k people decided this election. It’s insane and people who voted 3rd Party made it this way. (51k votes went to stein in Michigan alone, fucking Evan McMullin had 8k writeins! ) Stein again skewed stufff in pa etc.

Honestly we need to have runoffs. Pure vote alone is absolutely shitty. Have to force people to pick 2 after the first round.

Maedre

Banned
Let me even build on this.

Trump won
Wisconsin 27k votes
Michigan 11k votes
Pennsylvania 68k votes

Literally 100k people decided this election. It’s insane and people who voted 3rd Party made it this way. (51k votes went to stein in Michigan alone, fucking Evan McMullin had 8k writeins! ) Stein again skewed stufff in pa etc.

Honestly we need to have runoffs. Pure vote alone is absolutely shitty. Have to force people to pick 2 after the first round.
The problem in the is is that a huge part of votes goes in the trash. This whole voting sYstem is toxic.

entremet

Whatever happened to decorum? W was a disaster in policy but at least he has not debased the office like Trump has.

platocplx

The problem in the is is that a huge part of votes goes in the trash. This whole voting sYstem is toxic.

Yep a lot goes into the trash. Rounds of voting etc.should be implemented.

This election is a reflection of what happened in Maine. Nobody wanted the current gov but he won because of how split the votes were.

Honestly this is how really shitty candidates win.

WedgeX

Banned
Politico said:
“From start to finish the article relied on fiction rather than facts,” White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement to POLITICO. “The president has the highest level of respect for the Vice President, and for his deeply held faith. The suggestion that he would make such outrageous remarks is offensive and untrue. The anecdote was meant to divide, not unite and is completely false.”

The New Yorker said it stands by its reporting.

“The Vice-President’s press office declined to participate in this story for months, after multiple requests for interviews, comment, and fact-checking,” a New Yorker spokesperson said in an emailed statement to POLITICO.

“We heard from the press office only after the piece had closed, late Thursday,” the statement went on. “In the course of fact-checking this piece, we talked to more than sixty people to confirm the reporting contained therein, including senior White House officials, a senior member of the Vice-President’s office, the RGA, Rep. Elijah Cummings, and multiple people who were in the room when President Trump joked that Vice-President Pence ‘wants to hang’ gay people. We stand by the story.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/17/trump-pence-hang-homosexuals-anti-gay-243879

The White House put out statements yesterday afternoon attempting to rebut, but the New Yorker came back hard.

HotHamBoy

Whatever happened to decorum? W was a disaster in policy but at least he has not debased the office like Trump has.

He was on full display in the primaries. Voters knew what they were getting.

This is what's come of a nation raised on reality TV and social media memes.

mnannola

It will be. But it would still be called fake news by his base, even with audio.

It would just switch to "Of course the President was joking, the liberal media lost it's sense of humor years ago and this is just another example."

Trump

Hillary

I can see why people don't bother voting when the person who doesn't get the most votes wins. People say your vote counts but in that system it literally doesn't, more than 2 million people's votes didn't mean shit in the end and that goes against everything people say about why voting is important.

hur hur hur!! Very funny!!

I can't believe this constant shit parade still continues and this one in particular really fucking pisses me off. Just because it's not recorded on video from 5 different angles people are going to act like this never happened or play it off as fake news.

Really struggling to be mentally okay under this administration to be honest.

Top Bottom