• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal: Head On Extra Twisted $19.99 Edition (Vids + screens)

steve

Banned
Feb. 5 :D

I still can't believe the amount of content Sony is still pumping out on the PS2 these days. Just when you think the system has seen it's final AAA title, along comes another one that makes you reconsider the stance.

Foil

I'll probably pick this up. Hopefully it can hold me over until TMB gets its well deserved sequel on the PS3.

Reilly

Oh, and have I mentioned that buried deep within this mammoth package is the answer to a question that TM fans have been asking us for quite a while now? No? Oh, well now I have. But good luck finding it! It’s buried pretty deep!

Twisted Metal next-gen confirmed.

Anyone read this?

Oh, and have I mentioned that buried deep within this mammoth package is the answer to a question that TM fans have been asking us for quite a while now? No? Oh, well now I have. But good luck finding it! It’s buried pretty deep!

Teaser for Twisted Metal PS3? What other question could he possibly be referring to? I think that this game will be fun, but I'm thinking that this is really more of a refresher of Twisted Metal and to have the title fresh in our minds to prepare for the next in the series. I really really hope so at least.

Either way I'm buying it.

Trevelyan

Banned
Mine mine mine. And i hope the teaser hes referring to thats buried deep is some sort of trailer for TM PS3. PLEASE GOD LET IT BE!!!

steve said:

That's even more awesome. I just picked up a PSP over the weekend and almost got Head On too and then remembered this was coming out so I didn't. But I thought this wasn't coming till the spring. Glad I waited now.

steve

Banned
Ahh I see.

Well, seeing how as he says it's buried deep in there, I'm thinking it'll be much less obvious. Maybe you'll have to watch the whole documentary or something to that effect.

Regardless though, I'm psyched by this news.

playstation3.jpg

Reilly

Strider2K99 said:
Even though it has no online play, at $20, it hard to pass up this deal.
Yeah, I'm sure there's plenty of PS2 games released now that have fully integrated online play.:lol

Concept17

steve said:
Ahh I see.

Well, seeing how as he says it's buried deep in there, I'm thinking it'll be much less obvious. Maybe you'll have to watch the whole documentary or something to that effect.

Regardless though, I'm psyched by this news.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I R SO HAPPY I LOVE DAVID JAFFE

...sorry, feb 5th is much sooner than i expected, 20$ for all this... goodness im excited

The hint has to be a ps3 version of TM... it has to be... if it is it'll easily be my most anticipated game.

kuYuri

Reilly said:
Yeah, I'm sure there's plenty of PS2 games released now that have fully integrated online play.:lol

I understand your thought, but the reason I mention it is because the PSP version included it and in this day and age, online is a big thing. Regardless, I'm getting it.

Flavius

Love this series. I played WAY too damn much TM2 back in my college days. Got rid of my PS2 a while back, but I may pick another one up just to play this.

Oh, and while I'd love to see a true, next gen TM on the PS3...I'd be even more ecstatic if you guys would do a next gen Downhill Domination. Never understood why more people didn't dig that game.

steve

Banned
For those too lazy to click the link...

- The Core Game Itself- Yep, the hit PSP game - Twisted Metal:Head On - is now on PS2. And now it’s running at 60 frames/second, has improved textures and art, and even has a new level created specifically for this version (Transylvania Castle).

- The Lost Levels - Four brand new levels straight out of the dark, demented world of Twisted Metal: Black. These levels are designed with two player deathmatch in mind and I think they are some of the best Twisted levels we have ever made. My favorites are Suburban Terror and Stadium Slaughter.

- The Twisted Metal Symphony- folks who purchase the game will get a free code to let them download a free copy of The Twisted Metal Symphony. TMS is a compilation soundtrack of the greatest musical tracks from TM1, TM2, TM:BLACK, and TM:HEAD ON. Yes, old school TM fans, Rooftops from TM1 WILL be on there!

- A Continuous Suicide Of Reason: The Art Of Twisted Metal- a pack in art booklet filled with concept art dating back to the very first Twisted Metal game.

- The Dark Past- A 30 minute documentary tracing the history of Twisted Metal, the struggles the team went through in making the games, the success, the failures, the fans,etc. Heck, we even touch on what went wrong with TM3 and Tm4 and what the original team REALLY feels about those games.

- Sweet Tour- This is where you get to take control of Sweet Tooth himself and run him around some levels built for Twisted Metal: Black 2. As you run around, you find icons you can collect. Each icon opens up concept art and behind the scenes information about the making of the series.

- The Lost Ending Movies- Back in 1995, I wrote and directed some live action end movies for the very first Twisted Metal. Because they were deemed too sexist and too violent, they never saw the light of day. But it’s 2008 now and what was once offensive is now just- to most folks- cheesy and charming.

- Buried deep within this mammoth package is the answer to a question that TM fans have been asking us for quite a while now.

All that for $19.99. Wow.

And I just had a thought. He seems to emphasize the buried aspect of his comment quite a bit... perhaps there's a level in the game where digging is involved in some sort? A construction level perhaps?

Flavius said:
Oh, and while I'd love to see a true, next gen TM on the PS3...I'd be even more ecstatic if you guys would do a next gen Downhill Domination. Never understood why more people didn't dig that game.

And a next gen War of the Monsters while they're at it!

Concept17

steve said:
TwistedMetal PS3 HAS to be Twisted Metal Black 2.

It just has to! I want ti soooo bad.

Really I think I would prefer a slightly new approach... I mean same ol TM but not every lvl should be dark and depressing. Need more paris levels.

GeoramA

steve said:
For those too lazy to click the link...

- The Core Game Itself- Yep, the hit PSP game - Twisted Metal:Head On - is now on PS2. And now it’s running at 60 frames/second, has improved textures and art, and even has a new level created specifically for this version (Transylvania Castle).

- The Lost Levels - Four brand new levels straight out of the dark, demented world of Twisted Metal: Black. These levels are designed with two player deathmatch in mind and I think they are some of the best Twisted levels we have ever made. My favorites are Suburban Terror and Stadium Slaughter.

- The Twisted Metal Symphony- folks who purchase the game will get a free code to let them download a free copy of The Twisted Metal Symphony. TMS is a compilation soundtrack of the greatest musical tracks from TM1, TM2, TM:BLACK, and TM:HEAD ON. Yes, old school TM fans, Rooftops from TM1 WILL be on there!

- A Continuous Suicide Of Reason: The Art Of Twisted Metal- a pack in art booklet filled with concept art dating back to the very first Twisted Metal game.

- The Dark Past- A 30 minute documentary tracing the history of Twisted Metal, the struggles the team went through in making the games, the success, the failures, the fans,etc. Heck, we even touch on what went wrong with TM3 and Tm4 and what the original team REALLY feels about those games.

- Sweet Tour- This is where you get to take control of Sweet Tooth himself and run him around some levels built for Twisted Metal: Black 2. As you run around, you find icons you can collect. Each icon opens up concept art and behind the scenes information about the making of the series.

- The Lost Ending Movies- Back in 1995, I wrote and directed some live action end movies for the very first Twisted Metal. Because they were deemed too sexist and too violent, they never saw the light of day. But it’s 2008 now and what was once offensive is now just- to most folks- cheesy and charming.

- Buried deep within this mammoth package is the answer to a question that TM fans have been asking us for quite a while now.

All that for $19.99. Wow.

And I just had a thought. He seems to emphasize the buried aspect of his comment quite a bit... perhaps there's a level in the game where digging is involved in some sort? A construction level perhaps?
Bought.

Fuck, PS2 just won't go away.

Concept17

GeoramA said:
Bought.

Fuck, PS2 just won't go away.

Yeah... although I can't think of any other ps2 titles I'll be buying after this one.

...never thought I would still be buying ps2 games in 2008.

Rallyhawk

Concept17 said:
Yes. That would be amazingly awesome. One of the greatest games ever. A ps1 psn release would be nice too.

Glad someone else remembers it. Flying your sub out of the water to avoid a torpedo would be pretty awesome in 1080p.

Union Carbine said:
I'm all over this. For my money, TM2 > TM:B, but not by a far margin. Either way, it'll be nice to have some new Twisted Metal content!

Yeah, and that's the cool part about this, it's like getting both!

Concept17

Union Carbine said:
I'm all over this. For my money, TM2 > TM:B, but not by a far margin. Either way, it'll be nice to have some new Twisted Metal content!

I used to feel the same about TM2.. but it was only better back in the day... Black just perfected it really.

Man, it seems like every time a price point is announced this generation I'm always like "not bad, but it really should be $5-$20 cheaper." For example, just about everything on XBLA.

This is the first time in a while where I've really been suprised at how cheap the game is clocking in at. $20 is a no-brainer for this much content. I was considering picking up the PSP version, but it appears that this is going to be the way to go.

Say...does this include local co-op? That was what I loved most about TM2 back in the day.

Cruzader

Banned
I guess the exclusion of online play on SF: DR for PS2 and this means Sony has dropped online (in general) on their new released PS2 titles(not sure about 3rd party devs). That certainly makes me a sad panda.

Having online play on these PSP ports on PS2 would make more ps2 owners want to buy them IMO and Sony are making the wrong decisions...i guess they dont want to pay for severs anymore and focus on the PS3 and PSN but then that raises the question why they didnt release this on PSN to begin with. I guess the right time to release download able PS2 titles aint here yet for PS3....

hands on Preview:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/845/845757p1.html

The idea that six members on the development team were all killed in a plane crash, which is why the game was cancelled, gives the four maps that much more of a mysterious appeal. Throw in the twist about a letter apparently signed by the dead team members appearing two years to the day after the crash that begs to have the levels released to the public, and the tease that the levels originally were going to be linked as a massive free-roaming world, and the content becomes even more enticing. Oh, and if the text crawl is to be believed, finishing the game on Hard will let you see the full letter.

Wonder if this is the mysterious question that will be answered is. man I have been hoping for announcement of PS3 Twisted metal...

Not sure if any of you guys read the IGN interview, but Jaffe talks some interesting stuff about PS3 Twisted Metal. Says his team definitely wants to do it but hasn't been asked yet... Interesting. Also says that the next game they are working on is revealed in the game somewhere:

IGN: And I know this is all just very theoretical, I was just curious.

Jaffe: No, like I said, you will guarantee know what we're working on next if you're able to master the Twisted Metal Extra Twisted Edition.

IGN: Oh, that's one of the secrets nestled into the package, then?

Jaffe: The answer is in that package, what we're working on next, absolutely. I would be stunned if three days after the game comes out people don't know... but we tried to hide it pretty freaking good.

Yagharek

I dont know if it's still the same teams working on it or not, but wasn't Warhawk once a stablemate with Twisted Metal in the Singletrac days?

I want Twisted Metal 3 with a healthy online bit.

Cruzader

Banned
guys anyone buy the game yet?? Its out today and didnt get the chance to get it. I was just wondering cuz i want to know EAT SLEEP PLAY's Next game.

DeadCell

I'll be picking it up later today if it's in stock. I doubt I'll be able to find out the secret any time soon though. :(

C'mon Jaffe, where is it? Give us a hint... pretty please? *flutters eyelashes*

supercake

Wasn't even aware of this game coming out. Buying this as soon as I find it, this is one hell of a package deal. (Especially love the downloadable soundtrack)

Only played TM 2 and Black, but man I loved Black.

EDIT: Went ahead and ordered at Bestbuy. Looking forward to this, haven't played TM in a very long time!

Top Bottom