• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Accidentally Announces Assassin's Creed Revelation (Altair Connection?)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
MMaRsu said:
Multiple cities?

It became Ottoman after 1453. So there were no minarets next to the Haggia Sophia until then, it was Christian before that.

edit: Unless you mean multiple eras.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Zero-Crescent said:
So we're trying to decide on whether it's Istanbul, not Constantinople?
Hm, maybe we'll see why Constantinople got the works.

Same thing. Constantinople is what Istanbul was known as until recently. But we saw the symbol of Suleiman The Magnificent, who ruled Constantinople in the 1500s.

jey_16

Banned
is Brotherhood worth picking up if your only going to play single player? i'm just interested in getting more story info.....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
jey_16 said:
is Brotherhood worth picking up if your only going to play single player? i'm just interested in getting more story info.....

Absolutely. I did everything in the SP campaign and managed to just under 72 hours from the game, although in the interest of full disclosure that includes the time I left the game running overnight unaware of the money cap. So, the total amount of time spent actually playing is more around 60 hours.

I just got Assassin's Creed Brotherhood recently, after hearing how great the multiplayer was. I haven't touched single-player, and it will likely be a long time before I do so. The multiplayer is indeed absolutely incredible, and I seriously hope they build on it with the next game. I waited until Brotherhood was fairly cheap before biting, but having now experienced it, I'd happily pay full-price for Revelations if they went the same route with the multiplayer.

Card Boy

Banned
Apologies for the bump. But Assassins Creed Revelations can be pre-ordered from Greenman Gaming for $33.96 if you use the code FACEB-JULY3-20PEC at checkout.

The code is going to expire in acouple days but GMG will put a new 20% off one up on their Facebook page as soon as this one expires.

Not sure if this is threadworthy or not.

xprs22

Neo Member
Newbie question: I own the first Assassin's Creed, but haven't officially "played" any of them (just bought it), and I've got a question. Based off the videos I've been seeing along the years. It seems like the more detailed the characters are, the less consistent the frame-rate/animations are in the new games within the series. I used to think AC was the absolute king and pioneer of adventure, but I'm not so sure now. I'd just like to be corrected if my assessment in inaccurate, but from the YouTube/Gamersyde videos I've been seeing, it looks like the animations have gotten choppy....Maybe I caught em on a bad day...?

Shotgun Kiss said:
I just got Assassin's Creed Brotherhood recently, after hearing how great the multiplayer was. I haven't touched single-player, and it will likely be a long time before I do so. The multiplayer is indeed absolutely incredible, and I seriously hope they build on it with the next game. I waited until Brotherhood was fairly cheap before biting, but having now experienced it, I'd happily pay full-price for Revelations if they went the same route with the multiplayer.

But Brotherhood JUST came out last year. You wanna rebuy again, already?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
The Killing Joke said:
Why in the HELL are they releasing another AC game every year? Huge mistake. This article says it best.
I'm not clicking your blog link, but the reason is because they're still REALLY good, content packed games even with the short development cycle. Also, there's NOTHING else like it on the market, it's not like Call of Duty where there are dozens of other shooters on the market, Assassin's Creed is the ONLY sci-fi/historical adventure series out there.

Ubisoft said that the series will be taking a breather after ACIII next year, which won't be a "yearly" sequel as they've been working on that in tandem to Brotherhood/Revelations since ACII came out.

Sciz

fernoca said:
Wait, so the bump was to plug his own blog?
Given that he's had an account for nearly three years and his first post was a link to another site, probably.

edit: The author's Facebook profile linked at the bottom also uses a Calvin image, for what it's worth.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
He could've at least used the OT. Oh well.

Princess Skittles said:
I'm not clicking your blog link, but the reason is because they're still REALLY good, content packed games even with the short development cycle. Also, there's NOTHING else like it on the market, it's not like Call of Duty where there are dozens of other shooters on the market, Assassin's Creed is the ONLY sci-fi/historical adventure series out there.

Ubisoft said that the series will be taking a breather after ACIII next year, which won't be a "yearly" sequel as they've been working on that in tandem to Brotherhood/Revelations since ACII came out.

Well said

For me the AC games differ enough and bring enough new content in with each release that I'm not even close to fatigue with the world yet. Even the Desmond parts which I didn't like in the original game have become more fun with each release. I'm a big fan of the grinding elements they added in Brotherhood too. I know that's not a popular opinion but none of it is required to complete the story mode so I don't see the harm. A faithful re-creation of old cities with great cameos like Leonardo da Vinci and Niccolò Machiavelli, what's not to love?

Top Bottom