• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Accidentally Announces Assassin's Creed Revelation (Altair Connection?)

They got me with brotherhood, if it is composed of just reused assets I will not be partaking this time, multiplayer was so rock-paper-scissors it hurt.

I am burnt on this series

game_1063.gif

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I love the AC games and I'm definitely not burnt out on the series. A Brotherhood type game with Altair could be interesting.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Irish said:
All in all, this stuff was pretty nonsensical. I demand something of value this very instant. :/
Hey we got altaïr his hand ... :-/

Back at 1%, Ubisoft what is this...?

Going back to the roots of the Gods in Ancient Greece would be absolutely sexy and would make for some beautiful scenery. Just imagine looking out over the sea, seeing Greek temples in the distance.

Only the assassin part would make no sense at all.

Pooya

obviously Game Informer has the exclusive first look at this, no real info will come out of this teaser site, don't waste your time :p

Assassin's Creed is my favorite new franchise of this generation.

I love all the games.

Can't wait for this one. ESPECIALLY if it is, as we think, an Altair game.

Haven't been this hyped for a game since.... wow, a long time. Nothing this generation, certainly.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
miladesn said:
obviously Game Informer has the exclusive first look at this, no real info will come out of this teaser site, don't waste your time :p

Yeah, if at least this 'ARG' was as good as the Portal 2 one, it would be more interesting.

so i spoke to a friend at ubi which he couldn't say anything except it has to do with 3-D.. i thought the obvious, ac in 3-D but i don't think that it is. what else can it be that has to do with 3D? hmm

jett

D-Member
macfoshizzle said:
so i spoke to a friend at ubi which he couldn't say anything except it has to do with 3-D.. i thought the obvious, ac in 3-D but i don't think that it is. what else can it be that has to do with 3D? hmm

I have no doubt that AssCreedR will support 3DTVs.

macfoshizzle said:

Well, there's no way that Ubi would give the 3DS game this much hype (or that it'd be deserving of such hype), even if it hasn't been cancelled.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
macfoshizzle said:
Exclusive to 3DS?

i dont think it has to do with platform specific because it's definately coming out for current gen consoles.. that i know.

he just told me it's going to be so sick!! ..which is killing me

Zomba13

Freyjadour said:
Please move past Ezio. Seriously.
This. Ezio is cool and all (as is Altier) but it would be nice if we moved past them into a new character to, you know, advance the story. Brotherhood was fine with Ezio because they needed to know where the apple was in modern times, great, fine. Ezio has served his purpose, we saw him rebuild the Assassin's order, get the Apple back (again...) and hide it. Altier could have more to show but we learn a lot about what he's been up to in AC2 with the pages don't we?
It'd be nice to have a new character, because one of the great things about the AC series is that a game could have you control anyone from any time period, and even (if they go for it) explore Edan with Adam in the time of the ancient people.

I'm hoping that the next game is AC3 and has you playing as Desmond, doing modern day missions and as Adam in Eden finding Eve or whatever he needs to do.

Zomba13 said:
This. Ezio is cool and all (as is Altier) but it would be nice if we moved past them into a new character to, you know, advance the story. Brotherhood was fine with Ezio because they needed to know where the apple was in modern times, great, fine. Ezio has served his purpose, we saw him rebuild the Assassin's order, get the Apple back (again...) and hide it. Altier could have more to show but we learn a lot about what he's been up to in AC2 with the pages don't we?
It'd be nice to have a new character, because one of the great things about the AC series is that a game could have you control anyone from any time period, and even (if they go for it) explore Edan with Adam in the time of the ancient people.

I'm hoping that the next game is AC3 and has you playing as Desmond, doing modern day missions and as Adam in Eden finding Eve or whatever he needs to do.

I don't know. If you've created a badass character that people love, why not use him.

We know generally what Altair was up to from the time of AC1 to AC2. There's still a lot of detail left to be explored that could make for some memorable gaming moments.

Bring them on.

Kinda hoping for a mix of characters this time... three big cities, different periods, all whizzing around in Desmond's head. That'd be interesting, so you can play as Altair, Ezio (maybe), and a new character whose story would continue in AC3... might be interesting.

LM4sure

Banned
Why do they need to revisit Altair? The guy in the present day has the Apple now! No need to go back in time anymore!

squicken

Pizza Luigi said:
Going back to the roots of the Gods in Ancient Greece would be absolutely sexy and would make for some beautiful scenery. Just imagine looking out over the sea, seeing Greek temples in the distance.

Only the assassin part would make no sense at all.

My dream fanfic scenario for the series is to culminate in a modern day Atlantis with Desmond where all those ancient aliens and Adam & Eve people are still around and Ubisoft's artist and writers just go nuts with locales and the storyline

squicken said:
My dream fanfic scenario for the series is to culminate in a modern day Atlantis with Desmond where all those ancient aliens and Adam & Eve people are still around and Ubisoft's artist and writers just go nuts with locales and the storyline

Isn't that how the original Tomb Raider ended...?

LM4sure said:
Why do they need to revisit Altair? The guy in the present day has the Apple now! No need to go back in time anymore!

Well... he went into a coma, lost the Apple to "William", and stabbed pretty much his best friend... so... yeah, there's that.

syoaran

LM4sure said:

As mentioned before, the protagonist is in a coma and the events you saw in the Temple happened in the past (the game said 72days, so your probably closer to 14days in the "real" world). It's safe to assume the bleeding effect has progressed far more as a result, so the game could be an animus dive without the animus (imagine a full game of the Altair section in AC2). This is all theory however, as unless the game focuses on Subject 16/Altair link I can't see a reason to dig up Altair's concluded story, as well as the DLC also makes a nod to the shroud of turin, the French revolution and the fact that Desmond's physical body is more than likely no-where near Europe.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
syoaran said:
As mentioned before, the protagonist is in a coma and the events you saw in the Temple happened in the past (the game said 72days, so your probably closer to 14days in the "real" world). It's safe to assume the bleeding effect has progressed far more as a result, so the game could be an animus dive without the animus (imagine a full game of the Altair section in AC2). This is all theory however, as unless the game focuses on Subject 16/Altair link I can't see a reason to dig up Altair's concluded story, as well as the DLC also makes a nod to the shroud of turin, the French revolution and the fact that Desmond's physical body is more than likely no-where near Europe.

Why would his body have to be in Europe?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Ubisoft is trolling us now.

Maybe it's Altair, maybe Ezio, maybe a new character, no wait, how about Ezio's father?

Irish said:
Hell, I'd go back to Italy again if I was playing with Giovanni instead of Ezio.

Assassins creed was exciting because they have the ability to take us to interesting timezones and locations that havent been explored in games. Playing as an Assassin in that era of Italian history would be retreading old ground.

Im worried that they are going to run this series to the ground, if they had left out brotherhood and done a 'proper' sequel with that amount of dev time they could have done another big step up. Im not a fan of these small steps.

I hope im wrong and that this new AC game turns out to be a huge step up but im doubtful considering AC2 only came out 2 years ago and Brotherhood came out last year.

Rikyfree

I think you'll play as Ezio, Giovanni, and Altair respectively in their timelines. As to which one will get the most playtime, I think Altair will.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
bobs99 ... said:
Assassins creed was exciting because they have the ability to take us to interesting timezones and locations that havent been explored in games. Playing as an Assassin in that era of Italian history would be retreading old ground.

Im worried that they are going to run this series to the ground, if they had left out brotherhood and done a 'proper' sequel with that amount of dev time they could have done another big step up. Im not a fan of these small steps.

I hope im wrong and that this new AC game turns out to be a huge step up but im doubtful considering AC2 only came out 2 years ago and Brotherhood came out last year.

I'm with you. I hope that Ubisoft, seriously dedicates two years of development for the next big entry in the next-gen consoles.

That would be a big step.

Top Bottom