• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unit 13 |OT|

Christ. I downloaded this game without seeing that there is an issue with them not giving you an online pass at the moment. Wtf Sony? First my MLB the Show online pass doesn't work with the Vita and now this shit. Sony knows how to fuck up I'll tell you. This is very annoying. Does anyone know how they're going to get the online pass shit sorted out?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Christ. I downloaded this game without seeing that there is an issue with them not giving you an online pass at the moment. Wtf Sony? First my MLB the Show online pass doesn't work with the Vita and now this shit. Sony knows how to fuck up I'll tell you. This is very annoying. Does anyone know how they're going to get the online pass shit sorted out?

I called Sony this morning. They have no official word, but if you downloaded the game after 10PM last night, you should have an online pass (this is according to Zipper tweet). Sony customer service reps are completely unaware of this problem though.

Joe Molotov

Damn it, I thought redownloading would fix the online pass issue, but nope. When I go to the store it doesn't show that I've purchased Unit 13, and when I download the game again from my download list, I still get the broken version w/o a pass. :\

I called Sony this morning. They have no official word, but if you downloaded the game after 10PM last night, you should have an online pass (this is according to Zipper tweet). Sony customer service reps are completely unaware of this problem though.

so if I bought it now I should be safe?

This is unacceptable. I assume you're talking about 10 pm Pacific? I downloaded mine at 12:30 Eastern and I didn't get an online pass. Sony is just simply amateurs when it comes to this.

Binabik15

Is it not up on the UK store? Fuck. Maybe I should've made a German account instead, but I don't want cut games or German VOs :/

DenogginizerOS

This is unacceptable. I assume you're talking about 10 pm Pacific? I downloaded mine at 12:30 Eastern and I didn't get an online pass. Sony is just simply amateurs when it comes to this.

You are right. The time stamp on Roper's post just says 9:57PM but it is clearly PST. In addition, someone on the forum is reporting they bought the game this morning and the online code problem was still there.

Thug Larz

Neo Member
Any digital buyers try re-downloading to get their Online Pass? I purchased at 9pm PST, and my copy didn't have one.

Just wondering if I should call Sony today or wait to re-download tonight at home.

Thanks in advance, GAF!

sTeLioSco

Banned
Any digital buyers try re-downloading to get their Online Pass? I purchased at 9pm PST, and my copy didn't have one.

Just wondering if I should call Sony today or wait to re-download tonight at home.

Thanks in advance, GAF!

Digital Version + Online Pass Issues - UPDATE: Solved

UPDATE: The problem has fortunately been fixed on Sony's end. Anyone that purchases and downloads the game as of now will get the online pass entitlement included automatically (as should be the case), while anyone that has already purchased the game will get instructions on how to claim a voucher (free, of course) sometime tomorrow. Instructions should be sent to you automatically, so be on the lookout for those soon.

Apologies for any hassle that this has caused anyone. We sincerely appreciate your patience and support on this issue.

Chris
http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37503569#37503569

DenogginizerOS

Digital Version + Online Pass Issues - UPDATE: Solved

UPDATE: The problem has fortunately been fixed on Sony's end. Anyone that purchases and downloads the game as of now will get the online pass entitlement included automatically (as should be the case), while anyone that has already purchased the game will get instructions on how to claim a voucher (free, of course) sometime tomorrow. Instructions should be sent to you automatically, so be on the lookout for those soon.

Apologies for any hassle that this has caused anyone. We sincerely appreciate your patience and support on this issue.

Chris
http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37503569#37503569

That post is nearly 12 hours old. This problem is still being encountered.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Good lord. What really stinks about the online pass situation is that first people deal with Sony being incapable of updating PSN on any form of schedule, which just leads a ton of front loading buyers eager to get the goods. That just increases the number of people who got burned all at once by jumping on the game as soon as it posted.

Even WORSE, tons of people wanted to support digital so gave up and bought the 32 gig cards over the last week, accepting the bendover from Sony's price gouging.

I've got a bum digital copy myself, so does my housemate.

Joe Molotov

Thanks in advance, GAF!

Yeah, I already did that, it doesn't work.

Is what I stated earlier a problem for anyone else?

If you beat a mission in CO OP, the next mission in line doesn't unlock. Only if you beat it in SP does the next mission unlock.

JWong

Banned
Yikes, I bought digital but the multiplayer stuff was blocked off. I figured it was because I'm playing offline, but I guess not. Dammit Sony.

False alarm... I think.

I went into the online lobbies, but not into a online game. Not sure where it would have prevented me if I didn't have a pass. Nor was there any popup saying I didn't have one.

I dled both The Show and Unit 13 online pass, but Unit 13 looked like it didn't download, but it was stuck in the Service List. I guess I didn't need to download anything for it.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Why would the DD need an online pass? You can't buy it used and it is locked to your account, shouldn't they just turn that flag off?

DenogginizerOS

Sony Customer Service is offering refunds for digital buyers. I took them up on it and will wait a while. Not pleased with how Zipper and Sony have handled this.

Kai Dracon

Sony Customer Service is offering refunds for digital buyers. I took them up on it and will wait a while. Not pleased with how Zipper and Sony have handled this.

Chris Roper on the Playstation Blog is now saying digital buyers without a pass "should have a fix by the end of the day, today".

I hope the "fix" isn't just instructions to get on the phone with customer service and ask for a refund :p

With the level of bugs in this game it's fitting that the online pass was bugged as well. :/

I have some interest in this game, but Zipper's built a reputation for releasing very buggy games, and I just can't support that.

Massa

Why would the DD need an online pass? You can't buy it used and it is locked to your account, shouldn't they just turn that flag off?

With the Vita the game submission process is the same for PSN and "Game Cards", there's only one version of the game and it's identical regardless of how you get it.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Chris Roper on the Playstation Blog is now saying digital buyers without a pass "should have a fix by the end of the day, today".

I hope the "fix" isn't just instructions to get on the phone with customer service and ask for a refund :p

Man, glad i decided to wait on this one! The demo was tons of fun though so I may still get it when the issues are sorted out.

DenogginizerOS

No doubt. Perhaps when they get their issues sorted out, I will give it another shot.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I hope I don't have to redownload the game, since I've beaten a dozen missions already. Way to drop the ball, Sony. The game is fun but how can you fuck up something like this.

Kai Dracon

I hope I don't have to redownload the game, since I've beaten a dozen missions already. Way to drop the ball, Sony. The game is fun but how can you fuck up something like this.

Here's another thing - since Vita launched there's been some kind of purchasing error that attaches itself to certain PSN accounts, causing payment authorization to fail and put a $0.00 charge on one's credit card.

Yesterday, a friend got hit with it, now he can't buy anything off PSN... even after removing and adding another payment method. It's not the card, it's his account. Doing some searches revealed more people getting hit with this new error since Sunday's "maintenance" on PSN.

Going backwards, I've found posts by folks who say they still can't purchase anything off PSN after weeks, and support tells them to just go purchase pre-paid cards.

Now I'm wondering if my friend's PSN account is going to be fucked up with no solution in sight.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
With the Vita the game submission process is the same for PSN and "Game Cards", there's only one version of the game and it's identical regardless of how you get it.

That is not an answer. The two are different, one comes from the PSN, the other does not. Part of the packaging process (independent from any QA) could be a simple Boolean that indicates it is a DD version. Hell it could also be a simple hidden file that is part of the DD install.

Does anyone else have an update? I'd really like to play this online tonight. I deleted and reinstalled and no dice. Talked to customer service they were aware took my info and said I'd get a call from corporate before 5PM pst but that seems unlikely

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Online pass BS aside, this is a pretty dope game. I love that a single shotgun blast can kill you. Even with regenerating health, you aren't given much room for error. It encourages you to play somewhat methodically, instead of just blasting your way through rooms of enemies...although I do that occasionally with the Pointsman, and it's totally badass. I'm dying a lot on these high profile target missions, but it's not the least bit frustrating since failure is usually the result of me playing carelessly.

edit - Really wish there was a quick turn button like Resident Evil 4. It would be really convenient when a 'nade drops by my feet or if I need to make a quick escape. As of now, I get killed a lot in the process of turning my dude around.

AwRy108

Got my copy physical tonight, downloaded the update, started the game, and got a crash during the opening scene. Following this, I had to 4 hard resets until the game would launch correctly (kept crashing at the very first launch background). *SIGH* Oh gaming industry, why do you make so much effort to thwart my love of you?

Anyway, spent all my play time dealing with the above BS, so I haven't actually spent any time with the game yet; however, I can at least say that the game seems to work fine now, so maybe I'll post my impressions sometime soon.

dreamfall

Got my copy tonight, downloaded the update, started the game, and got a crash during the opening scene. Following this, I had to 4 hard resets until the game would launch correctly (kept crashing at the very first launch background). *SIGH* Oh gaming industry, why do you make so much effort to thwart my love of you?

Anyway, spent all my play time dealing with the above BS, so I haven't actually spent any time with the game yet; however, I can at least say that the game seems to work fine now, so maybe I'll post my impressions sometime soon.

This scares me. The demo lockups really made me afraid that my system would not turn back on. Curious- are you on a Japanese Vita? I definitely imported, and I was thinking it had something to do with that. I want to love this game. I just hoped these issues and the online problems would be cleared up.

Do my offline scores eventually upload to the leaderboards? I've got some pretty kick-ass scores that still haven't posted because I lose connection when putting the Vita on standby for a few minutes. Or do I HAVE to be online in order for them to count?

This scares me. The demo lockups really made me afraid that my system would not turn back on. Curious- are you on a Japanese Vita? I definitely imported, and I was thinking it had something to do with that. I want to love this game. I just hoped these issues and the online problems would be cleared up.
I have a Japanese Vita and the game hasn't crashed on me at all yet. The demo did, but just once.
Edit: Shit, I just jinxed myself. lol it crashed 15 mins after posting this

AwRy108

I'm on a US 3G Vita so, no, I didn't do any importing.

As I mentioned, the game seems to be running fine now; but I'll be sure to post if the game starts to crash again. I have 14 days to return the game, so I plan to make sure that it's stable before I decide to keep it.

Kai Dracon

If you're waiting on the online pass for digital edition, sign into playstation store and check your services list. The pass seems to be propagating now. It just showed up for me and several other folks.

.hacked

:(

Got my boxed copy from amazon, game crashed after installing. 2nd boot game loaded with no sound and then crashed on loading screen. Did a hard reset on the system (hold power for 30 sec) and 3rd time it booted.

Bad 1st impression lol

Game is fun, just beat Ninja Giaden Sigma so this is my next ps vita game to play.

micah

Just got the physical copy and installed, it did an update and downloaded the online pass with no problems. Really enjoying it so far, mission length is great. Looking for some people to co-op with.

PSN is "m1cah", feel free to add me.

Kerrby

Banned
Playing the game and loving it. Went through the trophies though and there's one for beating the tutorial; how do I play the tutorial?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Playing the game and loving it. Went through the trophies though and there's one for beating the tutorial; how do I play the tutorial?

It's in the settings. In the main menu, it's one of the touch-able icons on the bottom right of the screen.

micah

Should've gotten it when you did the first bit, where you play as Animal in the training section. If you're referring to the "New Recruit" trophy.

Kerrby

Banned
It's in the settings. In the main menu, it's one of the touch-able icons on the bottom right of the screen.

Ahhhh thanks.

Settings > other settings > training mission

No wonder I didn't see it lol, such an awful place to hide the training mission.

Should've gotten it when you did the first bit, where you play as Animal in the training section. If you're referring to the "New Recruit" trophy.

Nah I just used my save from the demo so I didn't get the option to do the tutorial when I started the game.

robot

Purchased the digital version and had no problems getting online. Really fun game, wish there were melee stealth kills, kind of awkward sneaking behind a guy and having to shoot him and all. Unless there is and I'm missing something.

Edit: awesome, thanks!

Kerrby

Banned
Purchased the digital version and had no problems getting online. Really fun game, wish there were melee stealth kills, kind of awkward sneaking of behind a guy and having to shoot him and all. Unless there is and I'm missing something.

You can sneak up to someone and press square to melee kill them if you didn't know that.

Top Bottom