• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unit 13 |OT|

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You can sneak up to someone and press square to melee kill them if you didn't know that.

Yep. It does the same damage and gives you the same points regardless of how you stab them, so sneaky back-stabs and panicked front-stabs in the middle of firefights are the same.

naib

Online is working for my digital copy now. Don't see any lobbies, bit.its not asking for a pass anymore.

Any euro people that can confirm whether the PSN version is multilingual?

The demo was not, and I don't want to buy it only to find out it is in Spanish :(

naib

Managed a double backstab and double headshot last night.

Was doing one of the hostage rescue missions and was surprised to see a stealth infiltration point bonus. I guess I should look over the scoring guide more. Pretty cool.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Any euro people that can confirm whether the PSN version is multilingual?

The demo was not, and I don't want to buy it only to find out it is in Spanish :(

PAL gamer here. I got a review code for it and when I entered it the Vita downloaded 4 files. One Network Pass and 3 lingual versions, Francias, Espanol and English. 1.1gb for the first two and 960-ish mb for the English version. I had no idea what version was which so I couldn't cancel any of them. First one was Espanol, second was Francias and I didn't have high hopes about the last. If felt like playing Russian Roulette. lol.

Kazerei

Banned
I've played the demo a dozen times now, and I love it despite its flaws. The AI is usually kind of dumb, except when they miraculously spot you. I've been able to get a few double kills by lining up headshots, and a triple kill with a grenade. So satisfying. And stealth is alot of fun with the infiltrator and sniper guys. If you're patient enough, you can pick many of them off one-by-one. My high score is now ~120k.

Just wondering though, how does the rest of the game compare to the first mission? There are different types of missions, right? Does it get deeper, or is it a fairly straightforward shooter?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just wondering though, how does the rest of the game compare to the first mission? There are different types of missions, right? Does it get deeper, or is it a fairly straightforward shooter?

I wouldn't say it gets any deeper, the demo is a pretty good indicator of how the game plays, but there are several different mission types. They might be listed in the OP, but in addition to the "basic" mission type in the demo, there are timed missions, elite missions (no health regen, no checkpoints), stealth missions (set off alarms=game over, man) and the high value target mode (tough missions focused on assassinating a target). I haven't tried the co-op portion yet, but I assume it uses the same mission types.

DCharlie

Banned
This is plugging that Rainbow 6 TH hole fairly nicely - wife is going to pick this up today for some hot coop shooting action.

Vita launch window line up quality is stupidly high. STUPID.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Vita launch window line up quality is stupidly high. STUPID.

Indeed. I'm pretty much set for at least a few months with all the sweet games on my Vita. Of course, I have no self-control and I will continue to buy more games, but it's one hell of a lineup.

micah

Anyone had the sound cut completely out?

Just brought it back out of sleep, I had paused while in a mission and then it went to sleep on its own. When it did this the sound was gone, even starting and restarting the game didn't resolve. I had to power down the Vita to get sound working again.

Also strange during the powerdown it took a fairly long time to finally shutdown, just had the spinning circle of dots for a good 2mins straight before I finally just held the power down and now upon rebooting its asking me to rebuild the database or restart the PS Vita, etc.

Besides this, I'm loving this game so far. I have 5 star'd most missions and just took my 2nd HVT out. Those HVT missions can be quite difficult.

I am really enjoying this so far. A bit on the easy side (after 9 missions and a Daily Challenge), but I expect it will get harder. I am sticking to straight stealth in every mission type I can.

I like that this plays out more like a puzzle game than a traditional cover based TPS. My only complaint so far is the sticky aim. I don't like how it will snap to the body when I am trying to go for a head shot, but I also don't like that it makes head shots so easy.

For my first portable dual-analog shooter, I am impressed and this game gives me great hope for the future of the genre on this console.

Hate: That the leaderboards are only 1000 spots per level. So most of my friends, who aren't in the top 1000, aren't even listed when I sort by friends. How in the hell are you gonna make a score based shooter and then have leaderboards be so freaking small?

Dislike: The autoaim. I wish I could turn it off.

Love: Everything else. Really, really fun game. I really like it a lot.

Uh, what..? You can't make progress via online co op!? How does that make sense? Is this intentional? I have to beat the whole game by myself in order to play co op?

matmanx1

Really liking this one with the quick pick up and play missions and the smooth and easy control scheme. I wish the game was native resolution as it would be quite good looking without all the jaggies but even so the gameplay is where it's at and they pretty much nailed that part. Also pretty cool how they integrate the daily challenges and the use of Near to find High Value Targets. So far Unit 13 seems to be a smartly designed game.

I can't believe no one else is complaining about no progress during co op. completely ruins the game for me. I bought this specifically to play with a buddy.

Flunkie

Banned
WOW I think the Vita store just ate my online pass. It's not in my download history and I try to re-enter it and it says it's invalid.

Really loving this game. I've been playing it lying around in bed, and I love the way it feels. Not enough methodical, tactical shooters out there nowadays.

PAL gamer here. I got a review code for it and when I entered it the Vita downloaded 4 files. One Network Pass and 3 lingual versions, Francias, Espanol and English. 1.1gb for the first two and 960-ish mb for the English version. I had no idea what version was which so I couldn't cancel any of them. First one was Espanol, second was Francias and I didn't have high hopes about the last. If felt like playing Russian Roulette. lol.

OK, thanks! So there is still hope. Good to know :)

Kerrby

Banned
I have a few annoyances with the game but I'm having so much fun with it in the online co-op.

First thing, if you're in a co-op game and finish a mission it throws you out of the lobby and back to the main menu. Second of all, if you beat a level it doesn't unlock the next level like single player.

Apart from that the game is amazingly fun.

I'm enjoying it. It's a 7/10 by a sensible review metric, but given the way high scores are handed out like candy by the majority of the gaming press, it's a bit of a shame that it's not at least in the high 70s on Metacritic. Nice that no-one's trashed it though. I suppose its lack of razzmatazz does mark it out as a bit of a middle ranker.

micah

Has anyone figured out what you need to do for the Life of the Party and Blast From the Past trophies?

"Life of the Party" Trophy is in Mission 10.

Theres a bronze bust of a figure on top of one of those crates in that room with the first target. Interact with that first.

You need to take it to like the 2nd Checkpoint. Once you go up the stairs to mark the green clock for the continue, go back down the stairs and off to the side is another set of stairs going down. Follow it and on one of the walls is a space to interact with the bust.

It opens a down, you follow it around to the nightclub, you might've been here earlier in another mission.

Go to the dancefloor, DON'T shoot the bad guys dancing. Go to the middle of the dancefloor and interact and your guy will dance his socks off a bit. Then the trophy should be yours. You can then kill 'em all! =]

Gen X

Hate: That the leaderboards are only 1000 spots per level. So most of my friends, who aren't in the top 1000, aren't even listed when I sort by friends. How in the hell are you gonna make a score based shooter and then have leaderboards be so freaking small?

Ohhhh, I wondered why I had a few times that said '1001 Score Pending' but now the score pending doesn't really bother me if I am outside of the 1000. Got a few semi decent scores though. =D

I'm enjoying it. It's a 7/10 by a sensible review metric, but given the way high scores are handed out like candy by the majority of the gaming press, it's a bit of a shame that it's not at least in the high 70s on Metacritic. Nice that no-one's trashed it though. I suppose its lack of razzmatazz does mark it out as a bit of a middle ranker.

Yeah I gave it a 3.75/5. It has a number of flaws in my opinion but enjoyed it a lot. Zipper needs to not make every one of their games the same looking though, it's tiring in 2012.

Gen X

Is it just me or do others have problems connecting to the PS Network after minimizing the game? I even close it off and restart but no dice. Messaging, Store and Friends List loads fine.

Gen X

There is co-op but only on the levels you've unlocked. There is no campaign in single players or co-op, it's just 36 missions spread over a variety of stages. It's enjoyable but the short comings start surfacing about 30% into the game.

darkwing

There is co-op but only on the levels you've unlocked. There is no campaign in single players or co-op, it's just 36 missions spread over a variety of stages. It's enjoyable but the short comings start surfacing about 30% into the game.

what about daily challenges and HVTs?

Gen X

I dunno, can you do Daily Challenges in co-op? I didn't mention the HVTs for co-op as I figured that fell under the 'only levels you've unlocked' scenario. ;)

Yjynx

LOL I thoroughly enjoy this game despite not a shooter fan. Now I wish there is some sort of proper mp for it...

Ragus

Banned
I liked the demo, but I'm not a fan of this camera being so close behind player's back. Is there an option to zoom it out a little?

GopherD

This game gives me faith that the shooter genre can work on vita. Despite the shortcomings and sticky aim, i found the mechanics of it all really good. Bodes well for COD.

Chorazin

Are trophies broken for anyone else? I played last night and didn't get trophies for completing training (which AFAIK I can't redo) or any of the ones for completing a mission type for the first time. :-(

Any ideas of what to do?

Top Bottom