• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA Today: Clinton in commanding position for 270 EC votes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
AP: Polls show Clinton in commanding position in battle for 270
Little more than two weeks before Election Day, Hillary Clinton is poised for success where it counts: the Electoral College.

The Democratic nominee enjoys big leads over Republican foe Donald Trump in states that add up to 213 electoral votes, according to an analysis by the Associates Press; she also leads in Democratic-leaning states that total 59 electoral votes.

Victories in those states alone would give Clinton 272 electoral votes, two more than necessary to win.

[...]

Trump, meanwhile, has solid leads in states with 106 electoral votes; he also leads in Republican-leaning states with 73 electoral votes. Those would give him a total of only 179 electoral votes.

[...]

SOLID DEMOCRATIC: California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington state (213 total electoral votes).

LEANS DEMOCRATIC: Colorado, Michigan, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin (59 total electoral votes).

TOSS-UP: Arizona, Florida, Maine 2nd District, Nebraska 2nd District, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Utah (87 total electoral votes).

LEANS REPUBLICAN: Alaska, Georgia, Iowa, Missouri, Texas (73 total electoral votes).

SOLID REPUBLICAN: Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wyoming (106 total electoral votes).
USA Today

JaseMath

Colorado will go Clinton. The only holdouts are the confused minority who think that gun control means "Taking my guns away."

Meowster

It'll be thrilling to watch Hillary Rodham Clinton, enemy #1 of the Republican Party, win in a landslide after decades of smear campaigns and lies. Karma.

Already voted here in NC. Hoping we can not only get Hillary the EC votes here but also kick out Burr, McCrory and every other GOP fuckface who has fucked up this state.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Once again the (((globalist bankers))) have rigged the electoral college to serve their feminazi master that wants to put straight white males in FEMA camps to serve the one-world nWo government! #MAGA

Kimawolf

I think we will see a beatdown so large that it flips the house too. Today there are polls showing her winning by 12 points. That happens 0n election day and Republicans are toast.

Speevy

Banned
TOSS-UP: Arizona, Florida, Maine 2nd District, Nebraska 2nd District, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Utah (87 total electoral votes).

LEANS REPUBLICAN: Alaska, Georgia, Iowa, Missouri, Texas (73 total electoral votes).

SOLID REPUBLICAN: Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wyoming (106 total electoral votes).

The race for 266!

Yeah barring a major terrorist attack in the next 2 weeks Trump is going to lose. He was done after the first debate. At this point the only thing that matters is the Senate. I pray that Ayotte and Toomey can hold on and that the GOP will be brazen enough to block her SCOTUS noms for another 4 years.

I’m still voting because he has a good chance to win Iowa, and ultimately the more states he wins, the less of a mandate it will be seen as for Hillary.

Other races I couldn’t care less about. Grassley and Loebsack are both guaranteed re-election, and municipal races are meaningless to me as I don’t plan on staying in Iowa City past graduation anyways.

gdt

Yeah barring a major terrorist attack in the next 2 weeks Trump is going to lose. He was done after the first debate. At this point the only thing that matters is the Senate. I pray that Ayotte and Toomey can hold on and that the GOP will be brazen enough to block her SCOTUS noms for another 4 years.

I’m still voting because he has a good chance to win Iowa, and ultimately the more states he wins, the less of a mandate it will be seen as for Hillary.

Other races I couldn’t care less about. Grassley and Loebsack are both guaranteed re-election, and municipal races are meaningless to me as I don’t plan on staying in Iowa City past graduation anyways.

Fuck Toomey. I'll be voting to take him out.

Also you hope they block her noms? Goddamn.

avaya

She's going to outperform her polling average by 2-3pts due to ground game and GOTV.

Dems are different league altogether when it comes to that now.

Depends who she nominates. There's nothing preventing her from nominating an acceptable justice.

But if her disgustingly dishonest comments regarding Heller at the last debate are any indication, that's rather unlikely to happen.

Er....weren't you a Bernie Sanders supporter that hates Citizens United? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

Vengrim

Depends who she nominates. There's nothing preventing her from nominating an acceptable justice.

But if her disgustingly dishonest comments regarding Heller at the last debate are any indication, that's rather unlikely to happen.

By all accounts the guy Obama currently wants is more than acceptable and would have been a shoe in from Repubs 20 years ago but Congress won't even put it to a vote even though I've read the vote would pass.

I don't have an opinion on Heller as I'm unfamiliar with it but appointments need to be voted on. I don't care nearly as much if Congress rejects all her appointments for the next four years but they need to do their job regardless of who is president. If her choice is indeed unacceptable then a vote will bear that out.

Sometimes I wonder what extreme examples of this would look like. Imagine if all the Supreme Court justices died over the next year and Congress also refused to vote on any other appointment. IMO, holding the country hostage because things didn't turn out how you wanted is wrong, immoral and anyone that does it should be removed from office.

Salvadora

Used to think that a major terrorist attack would strengthen Trump.

I don't anymore.

His reaction would probably be so over the top or beyond the pale in some regard, that I actually think it would damage him.

tuffy

Used to think that a major terrorist attack would strengthen Trump.

I don't anymore.

His reaction would probably be so over the top or beyond the pale in some regard, that I actually think it would damage him.
The Orlando nightclub shooting has already shown this to be true. Trump's reaction to it was so tone-deaf that he got no benefit from it at all at the polls.

giphy.gif

Please don't get banned before Election Day. I've missed your utterly delusional color commentary.

Orayn

Anyone have a "realistic-ish worst case scenario" electoral map? I want to be comfortable in trump losing.

These last two weeks cant go by fast enough

Even an unrealistic worse case scenario is still a slim Clinton win. Based on the list in the OP, he could take every single swing state and still lose.

To be fair, she only hit #1 because there isn't anything they can do about the black guy anymore.
Oh my sweet summer child. The Right has hated Hillary for years. They hated when she wore a headband. They opened a congressional investigation into her Christmas cards. They accused her of literal murder, and shot a bunch of watermelons to prove it. They hated her the moment she had the audacity to not be arm candy, and put forward the brazen idea that she had notions of her own.

The hatred the right has for Obama is nothing compared to how they feel about Hillary Clinton.

Great, we will be able to remove a few more of these 'professor has predicted every US election result since 1776 and get that - Donald is going to be president!' of the pile of people who get some media attention, and straight into the crackpot pile.

Also fuck you Mike Moore.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Er....weren't you a Bernie Sanders supporter that hates Citizens United? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

Team Alucard is at this point a single issue gun voter who believes that Clinton is going to literally ban guns, and feels that her saying she isn't going to ban guns is more evidence that she will.

Oppo

Team Alucard is at this point a single issue gun voter who believes that Clinton is going to literally ban guns, and feels that her saying she isn't going to ban guns is more evidence that she will.

which is why they should ban some guns.

what are republicans gonna do, yell loudly about it? uh oh

only sorta joking

If Clinton didn't want to ban guns, she wouldn't be railing against the SCOTUS decision that told states and cities that they can't ban guns.

She's also on record as advocating for "Australian-style reform" which means a ban and mandatory confiscation.

Still get out there and vote for the first female President just like we voted for the first black man. Be part of the history books forever. Progress motherfuckers! Suck on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom