• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA Today: Clinton in commanding position for 270 EC votes

Status
Not open for further replies.
*choo choo* all aboard the both sides train *choo choo**
ApprehensiveGreatKiskadee-size_restricted.gif

Amir0x

Banned
So I am taking this as that Clinton could lose all swing states and still win the election?

Pretty close.

What it means now is that the states that are lean Democratic and Strong Democratic in polling averages are already enough for her to reach 270 electoral votes. In other words, these are states that aren't even battlegrounds in 2016 polling now. If the election were held today, she would win 270 electoral votes, before even factoring in the states that are toss-ups.

Kangi

No...losing all the swing states would guarantee a Trump win.

"Swing states" in the traditional pundit sense, correct.

Swing states as in the toss ups listed in the article, incorrect. She's literally over 270 with just the safe and lean states.

CO/VA are too far gone from swing states, and PA/NH have had solid polling for her all year. They're not swing states, and this is over.

Blader

Swing states as in the toss ups listed in the article, incorrect. She's literally over 270 with just the safe and lean states.

CO/VA are too far gone from swing states, and PA/NH have had solid polling for her all year. They're not swing states, and this is over.
Right, I was thinking of traditional swing states, not, like, fucking Utah :lol

Amir0x

Banned
Welcome to the new electoral college. Isn't it beautiful?

I just know it's so awesome not to have any tension as to what the results of this election will be. Now I'm just nailbiting about the Senate and House. Reminds me of Obama 2008. Wasn't any confusion he was gonna win since the second he got nominated that year. Was just amazing being able to enjoy history being made.

We again get to sit back and watch as history is made with America's first female president.

Once again the (((globalist bankers))) have rigged the electoral college to serve their feminazi master that wants to put straight white males in FEMA camps to serve the one-world nWo government! #MAGA
Hold up!

You telling me Hall & Nash, the fucking Wolfpack are coming back!?

Fox Mulder

Still get out there and vote for the first female President just like we voted for the first black man. Be part of the history books forever. Progress motherfuckers! Suck on it!

i dont like her at all, but trump crumbling means i dont have to actually go out and vote for her.

My fucking state man. McMullin is getting so much buzz. And the current Facebook debate around here is whether or not Mcmullin voters should be blamed for Hillary winning if Utah doesn't end up red. So fucking weird.

Piggus

i dont like her at all, but trump crumbling means i dont have to actually go out and vote for her.

You're part of the problem. There are people and measures on the ticket that are arguably more important to everyday life than the president. Don't be a lazy dick and vote.

You're part of the problem. There are people and measures on the ticket that are arguably more important to everyday life than the president. Don't be a lazy dick and vote.
You don't have to be so rude about it. Do you think you can catch more flies with vinegar?

roytheone

Pretty close.

What it means now is that the states that are lean Democratic and Strong Democratic in polling averages are already enough for her to reach 270 electoral votes. In other words, these are states that aren't even battlegrounds in 2016 polling now. If the election were held today, she would win 270 electoral votes, before even factoring in the states that are toss-ups.

Good good. As an European that can't really do a lot more then yell DON'T FUCK THIS UP to every American I know this is comforting.

Tevious

Good way to itemize the states that I will never visit

Maybe that's the problem with them. If progressives had a reason to live in those states, they could turn blue. We should build cities there with cheap housing, tech jobs, college campuses, etc. to attract more people. Look at Illinois, if it weren't for Chicago, they'd be red too.

Just like when Obama sent his shocktroopers to get em the first time!

Man this dude I used to work with was always talking how this was just around the corner. Obama was going to invite U.N. Peacekeepers into the country to specifically come to his house and take his guns away. I don't work with him anymore but I'd love to hear what he has to say come January when Obama and the U.N. still haven't kicked his door in yet.

Man this dude I used to work with was always talking how this was just around the corner. Obama was going to invite U.N. Peacekeepers into the country to specifically come to his house and take his guns away. I don't work with him anymore but I'd love to hear what he has to say come January when Obama and the U.N. still haven't kicked his door in yet.

....Why UN peacekeepers?

I'll tell you exactly why she's no good.

I saw Hillary Clinton at a grocery store in North Carolina yesterday. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother her and ask for photos or anything.

She said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but she kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Ma'am, you need to pay for those first.” At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Nasty woman.

Every. Single. Time.

Bullshit

Richard Heller was a sixty year old retired cop who had seen his neighborhood go to shit because of crime and drugs. Thus he wanted to keep a handgun in his house for self-defense purposes, something that is completely reasonable and understandable, but something that was also completely illegal in DC at the time. This was a man who was legally able to carry guns inside federal buildings for his entire career, but who was denied the right to own one inside his own home as a civilian because of a bullshit unconstitutional law.

That was the crux of the case. It wasn’t about ‘protecting toddlers’; it was about whether or not the government has the right to flat-out ban civilian possession of firearms.

The ONLY reason someone would want to see the case over-turned and reversed would be to open the door for states and municipalities to ban and confiscate guns.

As a European, the fact that carrying weapons of death - because that's their primary function is during "self defence" - is "constitutional" above other important things like thre list below is representative of fucked up priorities:

What Alucard is basically saying said:
Affordable health care? Fuck that, more guns.

Making sure kids aren't growing up in poverty? Nope. I need the right to open carry my gun.

Black lives matter? WHAT ABOUT MY GUNS? MY RIGHTS MATTER TOO.

A woman's right to choose? I HOPE HILLARY FAILS TO GET HER NOMS PICKED BECAUSE GUNS ARE MORE IMPORTANT.

That you place this single issue above all others is just, quick frankly inhuman.

Brexit has made my decision to leave my homeland after 35 years a lot easier. Do the right thing. Make sure Trump can't ruin your country like the Tories have mine.

3oriNL4drJSz3Nt7m8.gif

Really hope people don't become complacent and we end up with a fucking brexit situation in our hands.

Brexit had a high turnout from multiple demographics, so a Brexit turnout would be a good thing in this case. I feel like Brexit and the situation surrounding it is almost becoming a myth at this point, which is weird considering how recent it is.

Aieyla

Neo Member
Colorado will go Clinton. The only holdouts are the confused minority who think that gun control means "Taking my guns away."

As a Colorado Springs resident, you should see the attitude toward Clinton around here. Most people treat it like a toss-up.

I love living in New York, but it sucks during election season. I have little desire to go out and cast a vote because we all know it's one of the bluest states. And don't get me wrong, I still do it out of the principle of the matter, even though it feels pointless in the grand scheme of things.

I actually wanted to make a thread about this but figured this thread is as good as any.

RPGCrazied

Good. She's got this. I really wish she would flip Texas, that would be a time to be alive. I'm so tired of my state being red.

I love living in New York, but it sucks during election season. I have little desire to go out and cast a vote because we all know it's one of the bluest states. And don't get me wrong, I still do it out of the principle of the matter, even though it feels pointless in the grand scheme of things.

I actually wanted to make a thread about this but figured this thread is as good as any.

Nah you are lucky. I cant watch anything here in Ohio without being beat over the head by political ads. Same with the radio. Also all the redirected traffic from candidates and their surrogates always visiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom