• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve Showed Something at GDC...Made People Excited. [Seemingly Not HL3]

Orayn

Yes, their goal is to create f2p multiplayer games supported by user content, not mods/levels

Valve could allow users to monetize their mods and levels, though.

Also, multiplayer isn't out of the picture, as I think it's extremely likely that there will very likely be some sort of Half-Life 3: Deathmatch.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't really like HL2 so I'm kinda hoping it's something other than HL3. I would be all over a Left 4 Dead 3, or perhaps a Portal 3.

zychi

Banned
Valve can't count to 3, so I don't expect this to be a sequel to any game.

I'd love a new Source Deathmatch on Source 2 tho.

It could one or a combination of these things:

*Ground breaking controller Valve was rumored to be working on.
*SteamBox
*Source Engine 2.0
*Half Life 3
*New Valve IP that uses Source 2.0

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I saw this last night, but after searching twitter for more, I was thinking it might just be their VR implementation and Linux porting toolkit.

Orayn

I saw this last night, but after searching twitter for more, I was thinking it might just be their VR implementation and Linux porting toolkit.

Linux toolkit is potentially very exciting, depending on how easy it can make the process.

Orayn

I hope it's that sandbox space game there were rumors about. It probably isn't =(

Probably not. We only found out about Stars of Barathrum because it got canceled, hence why that guy could put the concept art in his portfolio.

batteryLeakage

Neo Member

Linux porting toolkit would get me pretty excited. Bring on the quality Linux ports!

BTW I'm assuming the porting Source to Linux presentation happened already. Why is impossible to find information on a presentation from GDC that isn't Metal Gear 5?

Sibylus

Banned
No. A Vortigaunt quote from the game on the back.
"Something secret steers us"? And then there's the ghostly silhouette of the Borealis in the background. Genius!

Probably not. We only found out about Stars of Barathrum because it got canceled, hence why that guy could put the concept art in his portfolio.
Stars of Blood, Barathrum is Spirit Breaker's lore name.

Top Bottom