• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve Showed Something at GDC...Made People Excited. [Seemingly Not HL3]

Half Life is a standard great series. I hold it in the same quality as Bioshock, Halo: CE, Quake, and Goldeneye. That said, I'm looking forward to HL3, but it's not world ending if it doesn't come.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think this was around the same time period as Goldfarb's tweet:

5e65f4a4980811e2829822000a9f1487_7.jpg

1-D_FTW

I think this was around the same time period as Goldfarb's tweet:

http://distilleryimage1.instagram.com/5e65f4a4980811e2829822000a9f1487_7.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I would think if he's talking about the VR contact lenses (that may or may not be the imagination of Mr. Economist Guy), Abrash would be involved with the hands on. The fact he was occupied at the time could lend evidence to it being something else.

Really, they have so much stuff it's impossible to truly speculate. The controller or Source 2.0 (ideally the controller showing off Source 2.0) is probably the most likely, though, given the venue.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Dave Oshry, one of the people who saw what this "Valve thing" is at GDC, tweeted the following:

In light of recent rumors and speculation, later today I will make an official statement about what I saw yesterday with Valve at GDC.

I would have said something sooner, but I need time to prepare said statement and have been quite busy. Stay tuned.

I'm guessing, yeah, something to do with Source 2?

Also, added it to the OP. =)

Rubius

I can imagine Valve saying "We are currently developing a new OS made in Trinary... so you know what that mean right?!!!? 0,1,2."

Exuro

Dave Oshry, one of the people who saw what this "Valve thing" is at GDC, tweeted the following:

I'm guessing, yeah, something to do with Source 2?

Also, added it to the OP. =)
Well I'm hyped. Gotta be something good if he's taking the time to prepare a statement.

You said HL2 wasn't great.

Horrible taste!

That's not what I meant/said :) But I agree my wording was confusing. I think HL2 was great, and HL3 will be a disappointment specifically because of how good HL2 was and how far technology has come, the bar is set too high by the players either intentionally or unintentionally, and no game Valve can ever dream of producing will be able to live up to gamers' expectations.

That's not what I meant/said :) But I agree my wording was confusing. I think HL2 was great, and HL3 will be a disappointment specifically because of how good HL2 was and how far technology has come, the bar is set too high by the players either intentionally or unintentionally, and no game Valve can ever dream of producing will be able to live up to gamers' expectations.

Wrong. HL3 will unleash a portal storm upon its release where everyone who is a Half-Life fan will be sucked into it to properly experience the awesome.

Weren't we promised "something with a 3" in the title? Portal, L4D, and Half life...... I really hope it's Left 4 Dead. I'm up for some more multiplayer zombie keeling.

Kuroyume

Banned
Played through Half-Life, H-L2, and the episodes for the first time last year. Had a great time (except with the first one). I feel for those waiting after that cliffhanger in EP2. lol

Woffls

Timing is right for Source 2. Engine at GDC, games (Read: HL3) at E3.

Platforms is another question, based on Valve's living room approach.

Top Bottom