• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

BY2K

Membero Americo
EatChildren said:
Imagine the ARG that will lead up to Episode 3/HL3's announcement.

Imagine.

Imagine.

STOP TOYING WITH MY HOPES AND DREAMS!

You are a bad person and you should feel bad!

Dejobaan_4112011_recut.jpg

P P P P P P P P P P P P P P P P P P P!

kamspy

Some smart dude needs to unscramble that shit now!

I just read the whole ARG timeline on the wiki. I've been loosely following this thread, but after reading....damn.

Also, the new images. They're not......Ponies. Are they? I think GAF has trained my eyes to automatically associate those colors with ponies now.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My hovercraft is full of hashbrowns.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Okay, the pictures represent the hidden stage (when you press "U" on the Arcadia level loading) but with companion cubes instead of just coloured cubes.

We just need a way to access it.

10wsaw2.jpg

Potato Day tie in with Halo: Reach?

The Covenant fights the Combine?

Gordan Freeman vs Master Chief?

Portal gun in Halo: Reach DLC?

What does it mean?

Hylian7

I wonder if that 7am 4/15/2011 = 9am 4/19/2011 meant anything then.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be something like "Only those with thirteen potatoes get it on the 15th."

Hylian7 said:

I hope it doesn't turn out to be something like "Only those with thirteen potatoes get it on the 15th."
Maybe it's the date for the preload.

Hylian7 said:

I'm not sure the devs coming out with that statement confirms anything. Perhaps the opposite. And the last line... A person who preordered it wouldn't know when it was out, am I missing something or is that saying preorders grant an early release?

Edit: and you got the times the wrong way round, the hidden message matches the 'official' date/time.
4/19/2011_7AM=4/15/2011_9AM

Covfan

ashbash159 said:
If anyone wants to know the time Portal 2 comes out:
maIKN.png

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/blog.php?id=5269&p=1

That's 12PM in England. At least it's better than getting it on Thursday if you were to get a retail copy. Does anyone know why the game is releasing on Thursday in England? Games never come out Thursday.

It's Good Friday on the Friday so maybe that's why? Hopefully it means that my PS3 copy will be dispatched earlier and I'll get it on the Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm in an argument with someone with the time it releases. On the Steam page for Portal 2 it has a countdown to what would be 7 AM PST but on the blog it says 7 AM EST. That's a 3 hour difference.

I'm going with the blog's time.

abunai

Hylian7 said:

That would be the worst thing, right now. I have a friend who is not very subtle when trying to avoid telling me spoilers. He has 13 potatoes. :(

This is going to be a long week.

Jintor

UltimaPooh said:
10wsaw2.jpg

Potato Day tie in with Halo: Reach?

The Covenant fights the Combine?

Gordan Freeman vs Master Chief?

Portal gun in Halo: Reach DLC?

What does it mean?

It means you're reaching

Jubbly

ArtistDude88 said:
Working toward Super Meat Boy potato... at stage 2-7.

I've never sworn so much at a video game in my life :v Well, other than Jak 2 that is.

Cheat, download a save file. It's far better to cheat now and then return to the game properly with your original save file when you're not rushing. With no time limit you'll hate SMB a lot less.

Salsa

Jubbly said:
Cheat, download a save file. It's far better to cheat now and then return to the game properly with your original save file when you're not rushing. With no time limit you'll hate SMB a lot less.

The save unlocks all the characters and gets you the achievements though. Takes that part of the challenge away..

ArtistDude88 said:
Working toward Super Meat Boy potato... at stage 2-7.

I've never sworn so much at a video game in my life :v Well, other than Jak 2 that is.
You've obviously never played N+ :)

If you have a gamepad, powering through the first 4 chapters in light world isn't that hard, you don't need to score A+ or get bandages. The hardest part is usually figuring out what you're supposed to do (and how). Once that is done, you can take your time on most levels.

When I went for it on sunday, I used my 360 fightpad, it's really awesome for these 2D games.

epmode

So if there really is no early release date, then what on earth is this ARG about? EXCITE
darkpaladinmfc said:
Europe is 21st for some reason.
That's horrible. Please accept my empathy-packed innernet sympathy hug!

epmode said:
So if there really is no early release date, then what on earth is this ARG about? EXCITEThat's horrible. Please accept my empathy-packed innernet sympathy hug!
Steam release is worldwide, so its only really people wanting the PS3 version who are affected.

maIKN.png

The last section of this seems to hint that pre-orderers will get the game early.

Jubbly

So I've got gold on both of the two C.H.A.S. levels in Defense Grid, yet the achievement hasn't unlocked.

Text says "Earn a gold medal on all the modes of Tony's Training and C.H.A.S."

Are there more to be found, perhaps something to do with Tony's Training?

Top Bottom