• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

It seems only SMB isn't updating. I want Portal 2 levels in SMB!

Seriously, this isn't just about indie games hyping Portal 2, it's also about P2 raising awareness about indie games and them showing how much they have to offer by releasing a shitload of free bonus contents.
In an age where you pay for costume packs, it's pretty cool.

Stallion Free said:
HOLY FUCK

The Ball's new content is like completely legit. Goddamn.
That screenshot on the update page is fucking awesome.

JPBrowncoat said:
Everything I don't have in the Potato Sack adds up to 37 bucks. =/
Yeah, with me too. :(

EDIT: About the Amnesia content, is it just a regular or campaign or has it a certain Portal 2 ring to it. Don´t spoil too much if is GlaDOS that leads you in a horror trap or something.

Arozay

JPBrowncoat said:
Everything I don't have in the Potato Sack adds up to 37 bucks. =/
Does it count if you just buy the stuff you're missing instead of the whole pack?

EDIT: Nvm, still ends up more expensive for me

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What's the new content being added to the games?

Audiosurf:
Pick the original Still Alive from the Orange Box soundtrack: get transported to a special Audiosurf level where you play as the portal gun

Bit.Trip.Beat:
Special Portal 2 themed level

What else?

Zaro said:
Does it count if you just buy the stuff you're missing instead of the whole pack?

Plus, if you buy this pack (or have all 13 of these games in your account) you get a potato hat in Team Fortress 2! (Potato hat available after April 5th) and a special skin in Portal 2 co-op.

Yes, but I´m willing to share with someone if someone has the games I don´t have. Maybe through pm´s or something.

dwsn

Neo Member
1 2 3's update added a version of Still Alive to the music folder. Looks like this:
aecvy.jpg

Salsa

morningbus said:

Audiosurf:
Pick the original Still Alive from the Orange Box soundtrack: get transported to a special Audiosurf level where you play as the portal gun

Bit.Trip.Beat:

What else?

7 portal levels in The Ball

Huge cake on a Wonderful End of the World new level.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
morningbus said:

Audiosurf:

Bit.Trip.Beat:

What else?

New Portal-themed test levels in Toki Tori.

A new chapter/"Free expansion" for Amnesia.

What look to be Aperture Science themed levels for The Ball.

Max

I am not Max
morningbus said:

Audiosurf:
I picked a random HL2 song from the OB soundtrack and got the portal song to play

Zaro said:

It would count but I might as well pay an extra dollar and get a bunch of extra copies I can gift.

cornontheCoD

Neo Member
How do I access the Portal themed content in The Ball? I went to survival->Portal, but it is just a room with a companion cube. How do I get past this room?

Tempted to get the Potato Sack, I only have Aaa..., Amnesia, Audiosurf and Super Meat Boy so the price would still be a deal, but I dunno. I already have too many indie games to work through.

dream

I don't suppose anyone has a spare copy of Amnesia they're looking to sell?

edit: got it, thanks Prophet Steve!

Salsa

The_Technomancer said:
Is the Ball actually a good game? I've had my eye on it for a while.

I was actually playing through it (at the second chapter) before this whole thing started. It has some issues, but its mostly enjoyable. It works like Portal just in a different setting and with a different main mechanic. Of course its not as good though :p

Twig

Banned
I got a gold medal on Audiosurf's fake Still Alive track and GlaDOS told me: "Bike lanes are slow in Latona." I think that's what it said, anyway. x:

I couldn't get Gold on Elite - I TRIED ARGHHH - so I went down to Pro. ):

Zomba13

Got the wonderful end of the world 2nd potato. Get the Cake on the new secret level (need to be 300+ objects big)

Glados' transmission was
The spirit of our youth resides in gathering books.

syoaran

Awesome, the song for Audiosurf I had heard before, but when you complete a level Glados gives you an audio ranking depending on your score - fantastic ~

cornontheCoD

Neo Member
Forkball said:
Holy shit, the new Still Alive in Audiosurf is amazing.

It's been around for awhile, I'm surprised more people haven't heard of it before.

Edit: I mean, it's been floating around the net for awhile. I'm not saying that it's been in Audiosurf for a while.

Twig

Banned
Well I beat the BIT.TRIP BEAT level first try but I have no fucking clue what GlaDOS is saying.

It sounds like: "Bell towers of tuscany tile is used for most syrup drawers."

But that makes no goddamn sense - at least the others are coherent sentences, even if you don't know what they mean - so I guess my ears are broken.

I will look at the Wiki. I bet they know what it says. x:

"Then a group of intrepid Internet Nerds figured out a plot to get the massively anticipated Portal 2 released early."

and

"Heck, just by playing the games, you might even help to get Portal 2 released early…"

Portal 2 early release is practically confirmed in my eyes.

MNC said:
There's been no confirmation at all; they just got that from all the rumors it's sprouting.
It's from Gaijin Games (BIT.TRIP.BEAT devs) so I doubt it's just based on rumours.

blamite

I'm sure nobody's going to go for this, but I've got a copy of Portal 1 I'd be willing to grade for whatever the cheapest game in the Potato Sack is. (other than AudioSurf, Defense Grid, Toki Tori, or Rush, which I already have) >.>

Just bought the Potato Sack as I now have the money.

Will I be able to get the potatoes from the 12 games (already had Toki Tori) still?

Edit: I guess that means I have a copy of Toki Tori to give away to a lucky person.

Holy crap at the Killing Floor Aperture level... Just feels eerie being in a test chamber-ish area with zombies and shit coming at you (and thru delivery tubes too!)... Oh, and of course GLaDOS is "encouraging" you on too.

Top Bottom