• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice news report on Charlottesville, must-see (up on YT)

So... what's must watch about it? I'm like 8 mins in and not sure what I've supposed to be deriving from listening to morons say stupid shit they believe.

I just finished it. I hope American news media doesnt make the mistake of giving these guys more notoriety because theyre willing to pull guns on camera and say offensive things about Black people.
I swear to God if I see that bald headed Nazi show up on Nightline or PBS spouting the same talking points, Ima lose it.

Magwik

Banned
It's quite hard to grasp just how bad the radicalization of folks in the country has gotten, but this video seems to capture it rather well. What's even more terrifying is that they will continue to grow as time goes on unless something is done.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
just watched this, unfucking believable.

FYI this christopher cantwells website is hosted by cloudfare if people wanted to tweet at them and make them aware.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
A lot of those pricks set Japan as an example of what America would have been had they stayed homogenously white. Everytime in those comments, stormfront and shit.

So I bet they admire Japan just on that aspect of mostly being only Japanese.

Funny because historically, what is now modern Japan hasn't exactly been homogeneous. Hell, the emperor even said he has Korean roots. The nationalists didn't like it but they'll keep banzaing because they're toolbags.

Ashby

"We'll fucking kill these people if we have to."

And how are we to reason with such people?

You guys in the U.S need to do something.

I'm sure you didn't mean this to sound as flippant as it comes off, but people are fucking dying trying to do something about this.

I'm sure you didn't mean this to sound as flippant as it comes off, but people are fucking dying trying to do something about this.

I know, and I commend and absolutely support those who are putting their every effort in trying to stop this.
I apologise if it came out like that.

I'm fuming just watching this so I'm caught in my feelings.

Can't imagine how those who are out there protesting and fighting this feel.

Toxi

Banned
Don't read the comments. Just don't.

It's already infuriating enough watching these gutless vermin.

ZOONAMI

So... what's must watch about it? I'm like 8 mins in and not sure what I've supposed to be deriving from listening to morons say stupid shit they believe.

Maybe try reading the OP or any of the other posts in the thread. Beyond that this is an inside view into just how dangerous these fuckers are.

elfinke

Hoo boy, that was something else to watch/sit through. Just breathtaking, but not in any nice way you might ordinarily associate that phrase with. "meeting market demand' is... I just... damn.

Thanks for sharing OP.

That was a really had watch....between it making my blood boil and making me cry....it's required. Everyone should watch this.

woolley

I don't know how the reporter was able to do the whole thing without showing any emotion, I know I sure as hell wouldn't of been able to do that with these people.

Nishastra

Banned
You can see the desperation of the alt-right in the comments. What a bunch of little shits.

After such a blatantly hate-filled video, they still try to "both sides" it or blame everything on BLM.

Socivol

The police response to this was simply pathetic especially when you consider how they act when black and brown people mobilize (and don't kill people).

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I don't know how the reporter was able to do the whole thing without showing any emotion, I know I sure as hell wouldn't of been able to do that with these people.
There was definitely emotion coming from her after the terror attack.

MrMephistoX

This is so well made and so disturbing Vice should win a Peabody hands down. I’m gutted watching this and can’t articulate how very sorry I am to people of color that this bullshit still exists in society. I saw “normal” looking white Americans voicing despicable behavior and actions that I thought was restricted to billy bob hillbilly from small town America...fuck this shit and truly fuck Donald Trump. I feel like quitting my job and running for local office or becoming a community organizer right now I’m so sad and pissed for our country.

I’ll admit until this weekend I had fucking blinders on amd didn’t realize how bad it was.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just teared up all over again watching the car incident.

But yea, the Vice interviews leading up to the chaos. These people don't belong in this country. There is no justification.

"This is not about a statue, this has never been about a statue...This is the face of supremacy, this is what we deal with everyday. You can't stand in one corner of this city and not look at the monster sitting on top of Monticello. He looks down on us, he's been looking down on this city for god knows how long"

Top Bottom