• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice news report on Charlottesville, must-see (up on YT)

Loxley

e5Yv9ZP.png

I just want to say God-Fucking-Bless those students who formed a human chain around the confederate monument while being completely surrounded by those racist assholes. Doing our generation proud.

Watching now. Surprised im not seeing people on here upset at Vice for "giving the nazis a platform."

The bald headed guy is very obviously trying to get himself some notoriety off this documentary. And I dont like that they interviewed Matthew Heimbach either, we already heard what that shitheel had to say a dozen times over and the last time we saw him on tv, he was assaulting a young Black woman at a Trump rally. At what point do we realise people like him are just using these outlets as a form of recruitment.

Strike

Those first five minutes were fucking infuriating. To think some people actually believe that if we simply talk to them or if we get higher wages that we'll somehow eradicate this. They're not worth the time or energy. A complete waste of humanity. The world would be better off if their mothers had swallowed them.

As expected, watching this is infuriating, and fuck anyone saying I need to compromise with or meet these assholes halfway. Fuck that noise.

Owensboro

Jesus Christ, this entire thing is awful. I literally couldn't believe what that dude was saying, or the amount of times "Jewish" was said with such vitriol. Like, damn. I fully stand behind free speech, but nothing about this was planned to be peaceful. This has absolutely changed my opinion.

And holy shit at the mayor being attacked. He was a dumb ass to not for a second condemn anything, but don't attack him.

That was hard to watch. These guys are delusional, and they obviously are looking for trouble. The city should have shut that down before it even started.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The bald headed guy is very obviously trying to get himself some notoriety off this documentary. And I dont like that they interviewed Matthew Heimbach either, we already heard what that shitheel had to say a dozen times over and the last time we saw him on tv, he was assaulting a young Black woman at a Trump rally. At what point do we realise people like him are just using these outlets as a form of recruitment.
which is why I posted before and tweeted at cloud fare who hosts his website.

I'm only half-way through. Serious question: Who or what is threatening the existence of white people in the USA?
Fucking nothing. But that's not all, they want to literally eradicate non whites from the country.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
So much for my hope that these asshole would just die off of old age. Like wth?
One of the scariest things is most of these people were in their 20s and 30s.

I read a blog from a clergy member who was there as a counter protestor and that was his observation, thats these young white men are being radicalized. And we need to do a better job reaching out to them.

Kinsei

Banned
Jesus Christ, this entire thing is awful. I literally couldn't believe what that dude was saying, or the amount of times "Jewish" was said with such vitriol. Like, damn. I fully stand behind free speech, but nothing about this was planned to be peaceful. This has absolutely changed my opinion.

And holy shit at the mayor being attacked. He was a dumb ass to not for a second condemn anything, but don't attack him.

That wasn't the mayor, it was the guy that organized the Nazi rally.

TalonJH

I'm only half-way through. Serious question: Who or what is threatening the existence of white people in the USA?

The existence of minorities.

Then WTF are they raging about? Makes no sense.

Racism isn't logical.

He isn't the mayor. That was the white nationalist that organized the rally.

Toxi

Banned
As a white person: These evil fuckers scare me more than any of their boogeymen.

It wasn't a black man who killed Heather Heyer.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
When you see that car hit, you know what you see? White, Black, Hispanic, etc.

Know what you only see in the other group? White.

Damn well know who is on the right side of history.

Risible

That was a tough watch. So many angry white guys. I guess I'm pretty well insulated against it in urban NY. Scary as all fuck.

"This is not about a statue, this has never been about a statue...This is the face of supremacy, this is what we deal with everyday. You can't stand in one corner of this city and not look at the monster sitting on top of Monticello. He looks down on us, he's been looking down on this city for god knows how long"

I wasn't prepared for that realness.

Shoeless

That video is HARD to watch. It's almost like an acid test. Show it to someone and if they still think it's about "both sides," you know who they really are.

We are. Asians, Black and Brown people, basically anybody who doesn't look white. Somehow, with us existing, we are driving them to extinction or something, and something about taking their jobs and their freedomz, etc. Who knows.

janoDX

It's funny how the guy from the Stormer is saying "we outnumbered them" when you realize that they called nationwide so people from other parts of the country gathered with them, they even posted in /pol/ and other sites, and you know some people are crazy enough to travel 12-20 hours to just get there and "spread their memes" in a local matter.

The guy is just delusional and thinks he's doing the biggest thing to the country when in reality he's damaging it.

Enzom21

Their existence isn't being threatened, their white privilege.
Society is becoming too equal for these people. That is why Trump won.
The whole "Make America Great Again" "I want my country back" appeal directly to the desire to retain privilege.
Funny thing is, none of these people would ever admit to having white privilege.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Not that this is particularly revelatory, but they're all men. It's weird. But still kind of not. Hm.

Top Bottom