• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice news report on Charlottesville, must-see (up on YT)

Penguin

I think the scariest part of this video is they are so brazen in their beliefs that none of their faces were blurred. Like they realize there won't be much consequences for being so open with their hatred.

Shoeless

It was pretty disappointing to see at the beginning of the video that some guy drove down all the way from Canada just to participate. And the disparaging commentary that the Americans gave about Canada's intolerance for this kind of action.

I couldn't get through it.

Not because of the content. But because it makes me so fucking angry that I want to punch someone (aka them)

Props to the people interviewing. I couldn't do it without flat out assaulting them in the middle of it

The reporter and crew are super courageous to talk with these people. It's impossible to understand how people are saying that the side screaming against anyone that isn't white should be reasoned with.

I always thought that when people said "lets go for a middle ground" was to utilize both ideas from the right and left ideologies.... not trying to reason with white nationalists and nazis.

It's shocking that these people are trying to hide their racism and bigotry behind free speech.

This guy might be one of the worst human beings I've ever had the mispleasure of seeing speak.

I couldn't get through it.

Not because of the content. But because it makes me so fucking angry that I want to punch someone (aka them)

Props to the people interviewing. I couldn't do it without flat out assaulting them in the middle of it

You wouldn't assault anyone. Nor would I, much as it might seem worth it. They're armed to the fucking teeth, and you'd probably die.

And that's the horror of it all, right? How do we fight back against the hateful bigots of the world, those whose very philosophy is violence, and who defend that violence with more violence?

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I'm only half-way through. Serious question: Who or what is threatening the existence of white people in the USA?

The threat is equality essentially eradicating the built in privileges that being a white male has entailed, something they have come to believe as the normal state of things. Having to share the country with other races, not getting to be first in line, seems unjustified because that's not the way things have been for a long time and everything has been going fine (for them).

https://twitter.com/JuliusGoat/status/896326301832925184

Laieon

Not that this is particularly revelatory, but they're all men. It's weird. But still kind of not. Hm.

Their women are probably stuck at home living a 50s live style. Wouldn't be surprised if these people think the only thing women are good for is cooking, cleaning, and breeding.

Their women are probably stuck at home living a 50s live style. Wouldn't be surprised if these people think the only thing women are good for is cooking, cleaning, and breeding.
Most of theses dudes don't even have girlfriends. Its part of the reason why they became Nazis in the first place, because sane women won't touch them because they are human garbage.

ISOM

You would be surprised at how many of these alt-right women think the same thing.

Shoeless

Free Speech was a mistake 🤔

Tonight, my wife actually agreed with this sentiment. Which is really telling, because she's originally from Singapore, where the media is state-controlled and no seditious or socially disruptive content is allowed. After the weekend, and watching Breitbart and Fox continue to play this up, she finally decided that Singapore's way was better. People shouldn't be allowed to say whatever they want, and the government should simply ban socially disruptive content.

ISOM

This guy might be one of the worst human beings I've ever had the mispleasure of seeing speak.

You wouldn't assault anyone. Nor would I, much as it might seem worth it. They're armed to the fucking teeth, and you'd probably die.

And that's the horror of it all, right? How do we fight back against the hateful bigots of the world, those whose very philosophy is violence, and who defend that violence with more violence?

Don't speak for anyone. There are many on the left who won't take their shit sitting down.

Spenny

With violence. Just as the world always has. You can't reason with them. They need to be stamped out. Can't wait to smash these fuckers at Berkeley.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
that man had 2 AK's...TWO...AND THREE PISTOLS...WITH A FUCKING KNIFE.

stay safe people, these people are out for blood. They do not give a fuck about "both sides"

studyguy

Depressing. What they intend to do is fucking disgusting. One of these dudes popping off would have been horrific with how some of them are armed.

Giolon

Great reporting from Vice News.

The look on the reporters face when that guy says ”I'm just glad nobody on our side died" and then when the guy tries to justify the car attack...

ZOONAMI

Don't talk about women like they're property first of all. Second, very few women find these hateful assholes appealing whatsoever thus there aren't any women around.

ZOONAMI

You use milk to treat pepper spray burns.

Not fake pepper spray burns though (or pepper spray burns that don't exist). The second time I wish the reporter would have verbally called out he's full of shit but her facial reaction said enough, and honestly that might have been enough to prompt a violent response from these fucks.

breakfuss

Oh man. Literally at loss for words. What the fuck is this. Just...why?

And these are young people who don't even appear to be impoverished or anything.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Don't talk about women like they're property first of all. Second, very few women find these hateful assholes appealing whatsoever thus there aren't any women around.

There were women out there. They were greatly outnumbered by men, but there were females walking amongst the racists.

They might not have as much testosterone in their veins to fuel their actions, but women can be just as hateful as men.

That video was painful to watch. Like, it puts me in fight or flight mode. It scares me that there's so many people that feel that way. So many folks hate people that look like me. That this will happen more this year. That we have no leadership to denounce this. That there will have to be more deaths in the US by racists.

They're armed. They're organized. And they are ready to kill people.

What the fuck are we supposed to do?

Niks

My reaction watching this. I just.. have no words.

ohmygodno.gif~c200

ZOONAMI

There were women out there. They were greatly outnumbered by men, but there were females walking amongst the racists.

They might not have as much testosterone in their veins to fuel their actions, but women can be just as hateful as men.

That video was painful to watch. Like, it puts me in fight or flight mode. It scares me that there's so many people that feel that way. So many folks hate people that look like me. That this will happen more this year. That we have no leadership to denounce this. That there will have to be more deaths in the US by racists.

They're armed. They're organized. And they are ready to kill people.

What the fuck are we supposed to do?

Counter organize and snuff them out without violence if possible. If they plan on holding a rally in your city call and petition and bother the hell out of every local authority to not even allow it to happen. If it's going to happen be there in numbers that completely dwarf theirs.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Watched this earlier and uhm wow. Immediately shared it cuz good god this needs to be seen. The next time someone tells me I need to show empathy or racism is dead I'll just show them this video and well hope they watch it.

LProtag

This sort of thing needs to be seen. It's one thing to read about what happened... it's another to see and hear it.

Said not serious on page 2 but I honestly question the value of sarcasm in threads with this serious of subject matter.

Yeah I edited.

Sarcasm that flat needs to be demarcated.

Sarcasm is a coping technique so I can't say don't do it but if you're gonna say something so unembellished ya gotta make it clear

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Fuck :/ that was fucking horrible.

The pure hatred in these people's eyes is absolutely frightening. This video is the perfect response to anyone bringing up that "both sides" bullshit.

Props to all those brave enough to stand up to these animals.

ZOONAMI

That ending with the guns. Do they intend to use them? That's some scary scary shit

Why does he have 2 ARs, multiple pistols, knives, and body armor if it's just about self defense. Dude has enough evidence on this tape to go to jail for terroristic threats.

I sincerely hope vice contacted the authorities on this shit bag.

I am watching this right now, part with the car is terrifying

Why do all the alt right people think everything goes back to the Jew?? Like I get the history of anti semitism around the world, but I just don't understand it at all,especially as a Jew

Why do all the alt right people think everything goes back to the Jew?? Like I get the history of anti semitism around the world, but I just don't understand it at all,especially as a Jew

Because they're Nazis

Nokterian

I'm going to watch it and my anger is growing already, nazi's are scum of the earth. They don't have a place for 'free speech'. They want one thing and one thing only, kill you when they can. Seeing the reactions do you guys understand now they should have never given a platform? In all those 70 years i could never understand how this still exists today.

ZOONAMI

Well, it's never made any sense has it? Unfortunately bad ideas can gain traction with stupid, ignorant, hateful people.

And please mods it would actually be cool if you could edit thread title to make it clear HBO is not required.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
......What in the actual fuck.

Holy shit, the length at which the one main 'speaker' on the Neo-Nazi side goes to to utterly dehumanize anyone who's not like himself.

Scary shit.

Guy at the end said a lot more people will die before they're done...sadly I dont think he's wrong...

Well, it's never made any sense has it? Unfortunately bad ideas can gain traction with stupid, ignorant, hateful people.

And mods it would actually be cool if you could edit thread title to make it clear HBO is not required.

Yeah idk, it is just baffling to me

Inside footage on these nazi pricks before all this started up. On the ground coverage of car terrorist attack.

One of these dudes has an insane arsenal in his hotel room. Said they would send 200 people to the statue to take the cops on.

These motherfuckers cannot be allowed to have a platform of any kind.

Must watch if you can.

Edit: YouTube

https://youtu.be/RIrcB1sAN8I

Also I'm pretty sure dude fake maced himself twice. Could tell reporter didn't buy it as they were right there both times it supposedly happened.

If mods can edit title to say YouTube or something that would be cool as it's official vice channel looks like. Essential/required/required viewing would be cool too.

1000 likes and 973 dislikes . I'm assuming the dislikes are the alt right supporters .

Top Bottom