• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice Principals - Danny McBride & Walton Goggins - HBO Comedy - [update: S2 trailer!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I cannot wait. Also looking forward to news of when High Maintenance s2 will start.. presumably around the same time. If you didn't see s1 yet, get on that. It's fucking amazing.

YAASSS!!!
obM2lbW.gif

"Angry comedy" is my new favorite genre.
Hi89T98.gif

Gonna be so dark and violent and so, so dope
pdHTp6r.gif

Vice Principals - Busted By Lee Russell

Who's got the muscles now, dickhead? I do. That's who.
You don't want to tussle with Lee Russell cuz I have the muscle.
Busted! I'm busted by Lee Russell.
I'm busted! Busted by Lee Russell.
Who put the po-po in your ho ho? Lee Russell that's who.
You're busted.
You're busted.
You're busted by Lee Russell and you're busted.
Put that in your fucking boombox and play it.

Danny McBride bought my Godfather's house near Charleston after filming season 1 here crazily enough.

Also (show spoiler)
is he actually dead?

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I binged through the first season two weekend ago with a friend and what a glorious ride it was. Most enjoyable stuff Hill has put out since the (massively underrated) Observe & Report. Eastbound and Down never really clicked with me though and I wasn't very keen on Danny McBride but this show has me do a 180 on him. Dude is nailing it all the time. Though it can't be stated enough that Walton Goggins is a glorious national treasure in this.

Can't. wait. for. second. season.

- Season 2 Official Trailer

Please spoiler tag discussion as appropriate.

Still looks great.
I have a feeling people are going to be upset by who the shooter will be. Not upset in a story sense, but in a way where they think it was a waste. That they could have used a more logical character/antagonist.

It's just how this sort of comedy tends to work, which I love. A dumb stupid swerve is just what the show would and probably will do.

- Danny McBride And Cast Commentary Clip #1 (youtube)

Very short clip with a few anecdotes.
Ah, looks like this is a new feature that has drawn on commentary. Not really my cup of tea but some people might like it. It's up on HBO Go and elsewhere now if you want to watch the full S1 premiere in this style.
On Sunday, August 27th, HBO will be posting Dope Doodles with the Vice Principals Cast and Crew to HBO GO, HBO Now, HBO On Demand and all of their other digital portals. The half-hour show is a new spin on the traditional cast commentary feature; The show's premiere episode will be played, accompanied by on-screen doodles and insider notes about the show, from funny tidbits about the show's origins to interviews with the cast. The episode will essentially be a mash-up of a cast commentary with Pop-Up Video-style notes throughout, including commentary and interviews from Danny McBride, Walton Goggins, Busy Philipps, Kimberly Hébert Gregory, Sheaun McKinney, Georgia King, Shea Whigham, and Maya G. Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom