• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VICE: Trump gets a folder full of positive news about himself twice a day

chadskin

Twice a day since the beginning of the Trump administration, a special folder is prepared for the president. The first document is prepared around 9:30 a.m. and the follow-up around 4:30 p.m. Former Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and former Press Secretary Sean Spicer both wanted the privilege of delivering the 20- to 25-page packet to President Trump personally, White House sources say.

These sensitive papers, described to VICE News by three current and former White House officials, are not top-secret intelligence or updates on legislative initiatives. Instead, the folders are filled with screenshots of positive cable news chyrons (those lower-third headlines and crawls), admiring tweets, transcripts of fawning TV interviews, praise-filled news stories, and sometimes just pictures of Trump on TV looking powerful.

One White House official said the only feedback the White House communications shop, which prepares the folder, has ever gotten in all these months is: “It needs to be more fucking positive.” That’s why some in the White House ruefully refer to the packet as “the Propaganda Document.”
Contacted by VICE News, Spicer disputed the nature of the folder. “While I won’t comment on materials we share with the president, this is not accurate on several levels,” he said in an email. Asked what about the story was inaccurate, Spicer did not respond.
https://news.vice.com/story/trump-folder-positive-news-white-house

adj_noun

Imagine making that folder twice a day, IMAGINE that being your job and your only job for the next few years...........................

I wonder if you could just use the same folder every time. Just shuffle things around a bit. Update the headlines every six months or so.

Slayven

Yeesh, that's so fucking pathetic.

It goes beyond that, So much so that we need a new word or phrase for it.

On the other hand that makes me respect Obama and Bush more. 8 years of people calling them everything but a child of god and they seemed to come out of it stronger for it.

WedgeX

Banned
Hans Christen Anderson could not have foreseen just how mild the "emperor with no clothes" would appear to Americans of the early 21st century.

Fury451

Banned
sometimes just pictures of Trump on TV looking powerful.

donald-trump-driving-truck-2017.jpg

Sciz

This is the only administration I've ever heard of that generates propaganda to distract its own leader.

Yudoken

Any news about his impeachment and prison sentences yet?

I get tired anytime reading anything about this buffoon and his fellow republican criminals

Drumpf should've go to prison decades ago for what he did in the past.

Without being hyperbolic at all, this is the most pathetic thing I've heard in my entire life.

We'll, he did much more pathetic things so this is quite normal for him.

Top Bottom