• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VICE: Trump gets a folder full of positive news about himself twice a day

Fuchsdh

It goes beyond that, So much so that we need a new word or phrase for it.

On the other hand that makes me respect Obama and Bush more. 8 years of people calling them everything but a child of god and they seemed to come out of it stronger for it.

Every president except Buchanan and Tyler are going to come off looking better after this presidency.

Aselith

Contacted by VICE News, Spicer disputed the nature of the folder. “While I won’t comment on materials we share with the president, this is not accurate on several levels,” he said in an email. Asked what about the story was inaccurate, Spicer did not respond.

It's probably 5-10 pages. Trump couldn't handle 25 pages

giphy.gif

jesus

what the hell is this from?

Iksenpets

Banned
What sort of dregs of the internet to you have to descend to to even find that many pages of positive coverage of Trump per day? By the time you get to the last couple of pages it's probably just a printout of YouTube comments.

Ithil

This isn't new, either. A biography of Trump from several years ago said it was his secretary's job to do this every morning, bring him a stack of papers of news stories or magazines or web articles that had mentioned his name.

Often he wouldn't actually read all of the articles, it was more important that it be a satisfactorily thick pile of pages.

This exact thing was a cold open joke in The Office

I would compare him to Michael Scott and his methods of running an office/country, but thats an insult to Michael Scott.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Remember, we're not allowed to armchair psychiatrist and talk about his blindingly obvious personality disorder.

jesus

what the hell is this from?

Goddamn G22 or Davos meeting a couple months back, while he was president.

Filed next to Romney's binders of women

Funny thing about the Romney binders full of women is that they were unearthed by the Boston Globe a few months ago... and what they revealed were a concerted effort by the campaign/office to hire women.

http://www.npr.org/2017/04/12/523631697/the-boston-globe-obtains-mitt-romneys-binders-full-of-women

JIM O'SULLIVAN: I got the binders a couple of weeks ago. A former Romney aide alerted me to the fact that they had found them while cleaning up their office.

CORNISH: This scoop comes to us from Jim O'Sullivan. He writes about politics for The Boston Globe.

O'SULLIVAN: And I said, oh, geez, you know, this is a political artifact worthy of the Smithsonian. I should absolutely have a look.

SHAPIRO: O'Sullivan said the first thing he noticed about the two plain white three-ring binders is that they're very substantial.

O'SULLIVAN: They're heavy. They're more than seven pounds apiece. They're, in fact, packed to the gills, as the governor said, with women. It's a lot of cover letters and resumes and CVs and the type. They're big, fat, thick binders full of women.

CORNISH: Far from the punch line the binders became, Jim O'Sullivan says they're evidence of a very organized effort to get more women into leadership roles in state government.

O'SULLIVAN: It tells you how much our politics has changed in the last four years. I mean, Romney was pilloried for this. And then you had - we had last year with Donald Trump, which was such an amazingly offensive campaign in many ways. And I think it makes people view of Governor Romney certainly in a different light.

(Would link to the globe article but it's private)

Aselith

Filed next to Romney's binders of women

tumblr_mc1mxnla2C1qzx3jto1_500.gif

Funny thing about the Romney binders full of women is that they were unearthed by the Boston Globe a few months ago... and what they revealed were a concerted effort by the campaign/office to hire women.

http://www.npr.org/2017/04/12/523631697/the-boston-globe-obtains-mitt-romneys-binders-full-of-women

(Would link to the globe article but it's private)

Did people doubt them? I always thought the jokes were more a "phrasing" thing. Romney was actually a pretty genuine, good candidate...just outclassed by Obama.

UberTag

This is the only administration I've ever heard of that generates propaganda to distract its own leader.
Just think of these folders as a metaphorical ball of yarn for a kitty cat in need of constant placating.

I'm surprised he hasn't had a magic mirror installed to inform him twice daily that he is the fairest and bigliest one of all.

Ithil

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...aled-book-washington-post-interviews-ambition

Here's the book I was talking about, an excerpt:
“For decades, Trump’s daily morning routine included a review of everything written or said about him in the previous 24 hours. The clippings were usually culled by Norma Foerderer – for two decades Trump’s ever-present chief assistant – who also handed her boss a spiral notebook containing media requests, most of which he would handle himself,” according to the book. “As his celebrity grew, the daily pile of Trump related news coverage swelled; still, he diligently tried to review everything written or said about him.”

mnannola

Eventually this is going to be in the movie Speed, where they just show the same things over and over again because behind the scenes everyone is trying to escape.

Koomaster

Print out a few alt-right tweets, some reddit threads and you're probably good to go. It has to be the easiest job in the world. Especially if he doesn't even bother to read it, just cares about how thick it is.

Azuran

Banned
The most powerful man in the world is also the most fragile.

Fucking Daddy Trump, why didn't you hug your son when he needed it the most?

Seik

Banned
No wonder why the orange man is delusional like that on Twitter.

Dude gets two folders filled with ego-flattering documents. :lol

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
How much are you paying me?
Considering it's Trump, he'll probably low ball the fuck out of you because "I'm so great that it's the easiest job in the world anyway". Maybe minimum wage? Less?

Plus if Trump isn't happy enough after reading it, he might not pay you at all.

Print out a few alt-right tweets, some reddit threads and you're probably good to go. It has to be the easiest job in the world. Especially if he doesn't even bother to read it, just cares about how thick it is.
I'm torn between the folder getting TL;DRed by him, and the folder being the only document in the world that he actually reads in detail because it praises him.

Honestly this is pretty absurd, I don't really believe this news. There is just no way trump gets his news from words on paper. His daily ego boost comes from Fox, not elitist writey words.

Jisgsaw

While I won’t comment on materials we share with the president, this is not accurate on several levels

Let me guess: it's not twice a day, but thrice a day, and it's not 20 pages but 50.
Oh and half of them are made up to have enough material.

Every weekend trump buys a new fridge, and places it next to all the others in his trophy room. Not because he has too much food, but because he needs more surface space to pin his accomplishments up with little trump election magnets. He brings his kids in so they can congratulate him and do the magnet pinning ceremony.

shiba5

Every weekend trump buys a new fridge, and places it next to all the others in his trophy room. Not because he has too much food, but because he needs more surface space to pin his accomplishments up with little trump election magnets. He brings his kids in so they can congratulate him and do the magnet pinning ceremony.

They should just give him a gold star sticker for each day he makes it without a scandal.

platocplx

he's been surrounded by yes men his whole life (due to the wealth he inherited) so he's never really experienced denial/rejection that your average person does

its insane. no wonder hes doing this trump TV crap etc he thinks he can repair his image but now it seems like they are trying to put him in a bubble so he can feel better about himself. He wont last long.

Honestly this is pretty absurd, I don't really believe this news. There is just no way trump gets his news from words on paper. His daily ego boost comes from Fox, not elitist writey words.

im sure he gets them like a movie poster with one nice quote and attribute it to some twitter bot.

UCBooties

But of a contrast to Obama who read 10 letters from random people every day.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/...-to-obama.html?referer=https://www.google.de/

I'll take a wild guess and assume Trump doesn't do that.

Wow... that is a great article. Thank you for posting that. One thing that I appreciated about Obama was that he did seem to try very hard to keep in touch with the country.

Of all the criticisms that were leveled at Obama, the one I never understood, was the claim that he was aloof and didn't care. I never understood how you could actually watch him speak or interact with citizens and think that he was just doing it for a power trip.

Top Bottom